X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    And thanks for another great production.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      And thanks for another great production.
      Hopefully someday the team will play as well as RPI-TV does the broadcast.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
        The quick Bob Fox jumped over the lazy check?
        Barry Law is another.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well that was the most complete game from RPI in quite sometime. The most fun I have had at a game in a long time. As I have said previously, they will have "success" when they become a hard team to play against and they were the last two nights. It was a fun game to watch. Clarkson is a very good, disciplined team. Their forwards play their positions very well and cover their man defensively extremely well. They also have some huge, good skating D-men. And their goalie played well for his first game. All that being said, I was more impressed with RPI and how they played for the entire 60 minutes, after a long Friday night. Especially after all the PK's and 5 on 3's they had (both nights). I very much doubt that Clarkson doesn't respect these guys alot. The difference in the game was Clarkson buried their Grade A chances and RPI did not. Marshall was outstanding and he almost looks like a different goaltender. Controls most of his rebounds and squares up nicely to the shooter. Should be interesting to see what Ott brings to the table. He will need time to catch up to this team re: their chemistry and following the system. As an addendum: I stand corrected on the horn issue at Autism Awareness night. It would be nice to aim for a uniformly low noise night. I mean if you are trying to include these individuals into the crowd, bringing the noise level from a 10 to a 6 or 7 is admirable. But after a few years ( and perhaps asking the NCAA for a waiver for 1 night with using a quieter referee notifier), aiming for a full game consistency would seem feasible.

Comment

I have to disagree with Clarkson's level of respect. If they're going to be cocky enough to put in their backup against us, that shows a lack of respect for their opponent, and the same goes for Harvard. And what's even more embarrassing for us is that we weren't able to bury a goal, which has now legitimized their display. We may have been good on the defensive end, but we have a long way to go on the other side before having success, and last night proved that. Sometimes, a spade needs to be called a spade.

I don't recall there being anything in the rule book about decibel minimums for horns, nor do I know if scoreboards can actually adjust that. One thing I do know, though, is that we have a two-toned horn. What if you were to cut out one of the two? Would it still still be good enough to control game flow, but reach the goals being described here?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Whomever is part of the rules committee, I suggest you contact them if you'd like a change.
              Not my job, maybe the AD should give someone call. Maybe the rest of sports should give this cause a try. It could only be good for the future of sports.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Barry Law is another.
                +1 I'm sure there are a few more out there.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  +1 I'm sure there are a few more out there.
                  Rick Ens
                  Joey Ens
                  Jordan Cyr
                  George Lee
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Barry Law is another.
                    Speaking of Law, just saw on monster.com that there is an opening for an Executive Director at the Law Offices of Alex C. Dell if anyone is interested.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Rick Ens
                      Joey Ens
                      Jordan Cyr
                      George Lee
                      CJ Lee
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Best college hockey TV feed in college hockey !!
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          Well that was the most complete game from RPI in quite sometime. The most fun I have had at a game in a long time. As I have said previously, they will have "success" when they become a hard team to play against and they were the last two nights. It was a fun game to watch. Clarkson is a very good, disciplined team. Their forwards play their positions very well and cover their man defensively extremely well. They also have some huge, good skating D-men. And their goalie played well for his first game. All that being said, I was more impressed with RPI and how they played for the entire 60 minutes, after a long Friday night. Especially after all the PK's and 5 on 3's they had (both nights). I very much doubt that Clarkson doesn't respect these guys alot. The difference in the game was Clarkson buried their Grade A chances and RPI did not. Marshall was outstanding and he almost looks like a different goaltender. Controls most of his rebounds and squares up nicely to the shooter. Should be interesting to see what Ott brings to the table. He will need time to catch up to this team re: their chemistry and following the system. As an addendum: I stand corrected on the horn issue at Autism Awareness night. It would be nice to aim for a uniformly low noise night. I mean if you are trying to include these individuals into the crowd, bringing the noise level from a 10 to a 6 or 7 is admirable. But after a few years ( and perhaps asking the NCAA for a waiver for 1 night with using a quieter referee notifier), aiming for a full game consistency would seem feasible.
                          Agree- it was a great game to watch (aside from the officiating ) - truly had some of the old HFH feel. Clarkson is as complete a 4 line team as you're gonna see. RPI is showing improvement - with very solid efforts in last 3. Scoring remains the challenge, as we knew it would be. Keep up the work boys!
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            It isn't even close.
                            It is as good as anything on TV.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              It isn't even close.
                              It is as good as anything on TV.
                              The best in college hockey and puts wckn to shame. Really great production.
                              Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Oswego is pretty darn good too!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X