X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    SOG is a terrible stat.
    perhaps, but IMHO it is extremely useful to the extent that you must have SOG in order to score!

[cue fdud's snarky comment about deflections....]

Raw total SOG may not mean as much as a way to measure the quality of SOG one takes every game.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I like this teams work ethic.If they can stay reasonably healthy I think they will be a tough out down the stretch.

Comment

Yale postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVRgE9Ua4w0
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, well a W. Great play by Marshall at the end of the game to seal it. Couple take aways: GREAT third period. Pretty lackluster 1st and 2nd. Yale could simply not keep up in the third. BUT... several grade A scoring chances in 1st two periods, but stopped cold by Yale's goalie. Gotta bury some of those. A few other chances from in close that missed the net. I see the team getting much better from the goalie out. Defense kept Yale to the outside and back checking was good. But. the turnovers were a big problem. Especially right outside their own blueline on the breakout. A top tier team would have made RPI pay for many of those. So, if I were advising... I think the breakout from the defensive zone is the next major work area. It's on to Brown. A team RPI has traditionally struggled against. Hopefully they will start the game like they finished with Yale.

Comment

Nice effort by the boys last night. In Smith's poster he mentioned the team played their best defense in the offensive zone and how they are emphasizing checking in all three zones. Nice to see the work pay off. Wilson credited Burgess and Troy New York for creating traffic in front on his ppg.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

5 *
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    5 *
                    Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Wrong thread.
                      I do that a lot.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I do that a lot.
                        I did it twice in Cornell's score thread.

Comment

Brown postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1sTtaDW314.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The coach saw the game exactly how I saw it, but it doesn't make the loss any easier to take.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

The game, from my perspective was the opposite of Friday. Friday: 2 weak periods followed by a strong third. Saturday: 2 strong followed by a weak third. I think after they went up 4-1, they played like all they had to do was finish out the period. After none of Brown's three goals did a sense of urgency return to RPI. And not talked about was the offensive zone penalty by Liljegren. An absolutely huge mistake at the end of the game. I also thought, after some criticism here on his play, Tironese had an outstanding weekend. He skated hard, fast, and was always attacking the puck setting a very strong example for the younger players. I understand they just came back from Ireland. But they had time to adjust from that. And I am sure efforts were made to help the team adjust. But great teams don't look for excuses. They weren't a team tough to play against in the third. And the one thought that entered my mind in the second and start of the third was: Brown has traditionally been a thorn in RPI's side. Always finding RPI easy to play against. And I wondered if the Brown team and coaches were thinking "Wow this is a different team than we have played in the past". Until it wasn't. The question is: how much a of a bad taste does this leave in their mouths? One step forward......

Comment

Don’t “burn the tape”, instead put the last 12min. (of Reg.) on a loop & have them watch it over & over & over. NOT to see themselves implode but to see what drive & determination looks like & I’m talking about the kids from Brown. Bravo to them.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X