This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

RPI friends, fans, alumni and fellow posters, I need your help. I don't normally do this,but in this case it benefits me so I'll make an exception . I don't know if you're familiar with sports history in the Capital District, but let me enlighten you. From 1990-2000, we had a team in the Arena Football League named the Firebirds. I was a huge fan, as was 13,000+ other people who live in this area. Winning the championship in 1999, that was their peak, they would play one more year before packing up and moving to Indianapolis where they would eventually fold. Well, now, the Firebirds are coming back, rising from the dead if you will. There was a contest to name the new team, and I submitted a name. Here is where you come in. The team that I submitted, the Phoenix, is now in the top four and fans get to vote. Even if you aren't from here, please help get me a pair of season tickets, and other perks. Please go to www.timesunion.com/afl and vote for the "Albany Phoenix." I'd be forever grateful. Voting closes on November 15, and you can vote once a day. Surely someone can come up with an algorithm that masks IP addresses. Anyway, thank you. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday RPI will be worldbeaters. They're close to putting it together.

ETA: The other names up for consideration are the Albany Empire, the Albany Machine, and the Albany Fire.
    Last edited by jericho; 11-09-2017, 05:39 PM.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      RPI friends, fans, alumni and fellow posters, I need your help. I don't normally do this,but in this case it benefits me so I'll make an exception . I don't know if you're familiar with sports history in the Capital District, but let me enlighten you. From 1990-2000, we had a team in the Arena Football League named the Firebirds. I was a huge fan, as was 13,000+ other people who live in this area. Winning the championship in 1999, that was their peak, they would play one more year before packing up and moving to Indianapolis where they would eventually fold. Well, now, the Firebirds are coming back, rising from the dead if you will. There was a contest to name the new team, and I submitted a name. Here is where you come in. The team that I submitted, the Phoenix, is now in the top four and fans get to vote. Even if you aren't from here, please help get me a pair of season tickets, and other perks. Please go to www.timesunion.com/afl and vote for the "Albany Phoenix." I'd be forever grateful. Voting closes on November 15, and you can vote once a day. Surely someone can come up with an algorithm that masks IP addresses. Anyway, thank you. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday RPI will be worldbeaters. They're close to putting it together.

ETA: The other names up for consideration are the Albany Empire, the Albany Machine, and the Albany Fire.
      Will there also be a team in Arizona called the Phoenix Albany?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Will there also be a team in Arizona called the Phoenix Albany?
        What is an Albany, out of curiosity?

Comment

Haven't heard a peep about Marello...local reporters likely aren't even aware that he was injured on the SLU post whistle cheap shot.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Haven't heard a peep about Marello...local reporters likely aren't even aware that he was injured on the SLU post whistle cheap shot.
            That's a bit worrying. I know FlagDUDETTE was especially concerned, as he didn't return to the bench. I guess we'll see in the lineup chart; if Perry reads this (or jericho happens to talk to him before the game), would it be possible to ask about it during the pregame interview?

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Nice Win !!!
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Nice Win !!!
                  Same; hopefully you pooped 'em out enough in OT...

Comment

WaP now saying the longest drought in league for us is vs. Dartmouth. Which ironically, IIRC, is the last team (before tonight) where one of our players had a NHT (Polacek in 09-10).

Comment

That winning thing we just did was pretty cool. Maybe don't get doubled up in shots, but the whole natural hat trick thing was moderately enjoyable.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        That's a bit worrying. I know FlagDUDETTE was especially concerned, as he didn't return to the bench. I guess we'll see in the lineup chart; if Perry reads this (or jericho happens to talk to him before the game), would it be possible to ask about it during the pregame interview?
                        Jake’s left arm was in a sling tonight. I don’t know if it’s his shoulder or arm.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac coughs up 2 goal lead, falls 5-3 to RPI

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ead-falls.html
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

post game interviews
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eK7MMN4tcY
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Three thoughts on this:
                                1. I kinda like the look
                                2. Get enough traffic in front of a goalie with those socks and shoot low and it has to be tough to find the puck
                                3. Which one is Waldo?

Comment

Working...
                                X