This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Did JerryD ever play in the big one? Did York make it to said area?

As I mosey back over to the alumni thread...
    Yes, yes, and yes. 😜
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Don't worry RB, the good folks in the athletics dept didn't bother to give Milos an Olympic stick tap on the Jumbotron during last weekend's game. . Why bother giving the RPI faithful a feel-good proud moment during an otherwise painful season?? Yet another fail at HFH brought to you by the law firm of MacElroy Jackson
      I understand that you guys don't like Jackson, and have every right to, but to blame her for the athletic departments total ignorance when it comes to sports at RPI is just crazy.
      MacElroy gets this one all on his own.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I understand that you guys don't like Jackson, and have every right to, but to blame her for the athletic departments total ignorance when it comes to sports at RPI is just crazy.
        A case can be made as to who appointed him, as well as the Col., to the position. Of course things weren't too bad with Ken Ralph and I assume he was also appointed under Jackson, so take that into consideration. Not to mention, the administration took over athletics in a hostile manner. So I'd say they have a lot to do with it.

Comment

But didn't she hire MacElroy?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            But didn't she hire MacElroy?
            Hate to correct you guys, but it’s not MacElroy, it’s McElroy.

And I know this should be on the alumni thread, but Milos Bubela is currently playing on USA network against the OAR. The announcer called him BOO-bah-la. Oops.

Comment

Disagree, administrative backing is important. Only time it is not is if your athletic teams stand on their own or above your academics.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                BTW, NBCSN will have Milos’ game vs USA Wed. morning @ 6:30am.
                Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Hate to correct you guys, but it’s not MacElroy, it’s McElroy.

And I know this should be on the alumni thread, but Milos Bubela is currently playing on USA network against the OAR. The announcer called him BOO-bah-la. Oops.
                My mistake. I got Slovenia & Slovakia mixed.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    Disagree, administrative backing is important. Only time it is not is if your athletic teams stand on their own or above your academics.
                    I totally agree that administrative backing is important, but the job of the AD is his and his alone when it comes to recognizing alumni and their accomplishments.
                    The President of the university has far more important things to attend to.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I totally agree that administrative backing is important, but the job of the AD is his and his alone when it comes to recognizing alumni and their accomplishments.
                      The President of the university has far more important things to attend to.
                      Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried e-mailing Dr. McElroy about this oversight? He's only been in the position for a couple years, and may just not know.

Comment

Great job by Milos and the Slovakian team in defeating the Olympic Athletes from Russia team. This marks the second straight Olympics that RPI has had an athlete in hockey.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried e-mailing Dr. McElroy about this oversight? He's only been in the position for a couple years, and may just not know.
                          I sent him old fashioned correspondence -as his email responses, when he bothers, are less than inspired.

Given the exodus from the alumni relations office ( Pete Perone and others) I'm not sure there's anyone left to lock the door. Certainly Kevin Beattie knows well of Milos and should have been all over it.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            She's guilty by association. 😜

Comment

Isn't this an SID issue? Even better, the person who runs Athletic Marketing got her tweet (quoted by Ralph) but nothing elsewhere. This is a breakdown of the entire organization, down to the Coach. Pretty sure McElroy isn't micromanaging the troops on issues like this. Has to come from within.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X