Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Flat. 2-0. Army looks bigger and faster. Both goals were up and over the left shoulder.
    Must have been one hell of a talk between periods.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Whatever coach said between the first and the second worked. RIT did all the little things in the second that they did not do in the first. They were first to the puck and had a great forecheck. Couple that with Army letting their foot off the gas combined with RIT shots that found the net instead of going wide or clanging off the post like last week and you had a 4-2 RIT lead after two. The third was not as sharp for RIT as Army picked up the intensity but Valenzuelas goal was not only the game winner but an important ‘team’ moment that hopefully RIT can build on. They didn’t give up, they didn’t throw in the towel to a big strong Army team that was definitely finishing their checks in the third.
      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 10-27-2017, 09:23 PM.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Good crowd of RIT fans tonight too. I expect a larger crowd tomorrow.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Hot take after 1 league game; feels like this team is very similar to last year. Goaltending and defense are average at best meaning we'll need to score 4+ most nights to win.
          RIT

Comment

Outsider view as the lastime I saw RIT was playing against them in 1987 for Oswego...1st period bus legs...2nd period WOW different team,#18 can snipppp great 2 goals,3rd periods seemed even...goaltending left many rebounds around the crease...dmen puck watched on a few goals...I was there to watch my buddies son #5 dman Dan Willett and was not disappointed, after 5 seasons in the USHL and a record 266 games played he may be small but he has great awareness on the ice .moves the puck very well on the breakout,and sees the play well in advance also never once paniced with the puck,he will be a keeper for sure,look forward to watching him develop even more...also looked right at home when he got his chance on the PP..never thought i'd say it but good luck RIT this yr

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              ...never thought i'd say it but good luck RIT this yr
              Well now, there indeed is still some hope for you yet!

Welcome to the path of enlightenment...

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

I don't know who's calling the play-by-play in this video, but he's fantastic, especially on Abt's second goal: "Oh my god they killed Kenny! Abt with his second of the period!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Eqd1y_kw

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  I don't know who's calling the play-by-play in this video, but he's fantastic, especially on Abt's second goal: "Oh my god they killed Kenny! Abt with his second of the period!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Eqd1y_kw

Powers &8^]
                  Yeah, he's great! I wish RIT wouldn't be so bush league with their recap videos...show the opposing goals, too!!!
                  RIT

Comment

We have a goalie. Stood on his head. Stopped three breakaways, just a really great game.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      We have a goalie. Stood on his head. Stopped three breakaways, just a really great game.
                      It certainly sounded like he stole one from the radio broadcast. Good to see/hear. Great bounceback weekend, especially considering the inauspicious start on Friday night

Comment

Drackett won this game for RIT tonight. He saved some of the defensemen's bacon with his saves. The offense did just enough. It's really good to see Peacock take advantage of playing on the top line with his 3 goals. Giruckus is off to a great start as well.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Amazing how a road sweep turns everyone's mood around! Glad Drackett has managed to shake off the last two starts and turn in another gem. His results have been all over the place through 4 games so I'm still not sure which Drackett is the real one.

Either way, can't complain with 4 points to start the real season.
                          RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            Amazing how a road sweep turns everyone's mood around! Glad Drackett has managed to shake off the last two starts and turn in another gem. His results have been all over the place through 4 games so I'm still not sure which Drackett is the real one.

Either way, can't complain with 4 points to start the real season.
                            So true! Spoke to an RIT player parent while leaving Tate last night, like me he would have been okay with a split after Friday's win but was so very happy with the sweep. An Army friend grabbed me and jokingly said "hey I thought you said you guys were in a rebuilding year?" (which I did say to him on Friday night after that flat 1st period). I told him we started rebuilding in the locker room between the 1st and 2nd periods on Friday night. Lots of happy RIT fans leaving Tate last night. We still need to put forth this type of game at GPC so looking forward to next weekend.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Well Army should finally drop out of "others receiving votes" now. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

I don't think RIT was completely rebuilding, as many of the top players from last year are still on the team. The biggest question going in, and still seems to be, goaltending. Hopefully, Drackett is going to continue to take the job over.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X