Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me thinks Drackett plays too far out from the pipes. Glad they won but lucky they didn't end up in a tie
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Me thinks Drackett plays too far out from the pipes. Glad they won but lucky they didn't end up in a tie
      Plays with a lot of energy, maybe trying to do too much in front of the hometown fans, made some big stops towards the end though, glad they sucked it up and got the win, giving up late goals at the end of periods will make any coach go gray fast, let's not let that become our Achille's heel. Still have nightmares from last season.... AIC will want points tomorrow so hope we can play 60 minutes of hockey tomorrow.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Their backup/second goaltender really kept AIC in it after he came in. The concern I have was that the third period was mostly all AIC. Luckily Dracett shook off the 3rd goal to make enough saves to get the win. Hopefully the team will realize you need to play a full game against the Jackets and do so tomorrow.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          It's a free stream at ritsz.com...
          Yes indeed, but my "Smart" TV couldn't do it. Not sure what the problem was; the video player came up but no content showed. It's just not the same on a 24-inch monitor compared to a 60-inch TV.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Yes indeed, but my "Smart" TV couldn't do it. Not sure what the problem was; the video player came up but no content showed. It's just not the same on a 24-inch monitor compared to a 60-inch TV.
            Powers &8^]
            Watched on my very smart TVs browser, worked well
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Me thinks Drackett plays too far out from the pipes. Glad they won but lucky they didn't end up in a tie
              I don't really have a problem with that, as he tracks the puck well and he's generally on the angle. He made a rookie mistake on the 2nd goal when he bit on the cross-crease fake when he had a defender there to take that away - which opened up the near post - but largely I don't have a problem with his positioning.

Where he needs to improve is that he seems to fight the puck. At it's best it looks like attacking the puck and that the puck never ends up in a dangerous area, but when he's not playing well it manifests in pucks bouncing off his chest into the slot or at it's worst stabbing at a puck going high and deflecting it into the net, like we saw against RPI. And a lot of this is stuff that very well could get better just from experience. You'd think he's still feeling nerves playing his first few D-1 hockey games. I could certainly see fighting off pucks that are coming into your chest and biting on an early deke as symptoms of that. He really does seem to track the puck and read the play when the other team is established in our zone very well.

And RIT needs to give a set amount of free tickets to students like tonight all the time. It creates such a great atmosphere which in turn will draw more people from the community. 3,500 for AIC (1,000 were free student tickets) is a great crowd.

Comment

3-0 in conference to start the year is pretty nice, even if AIC kept it closer than it should have been!
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  I don't really have a problem with that, as he tracks the puck well and he's generally on the angle. He made a rookie mistake on the 2nd goal when he bit on the cross-crease fake when he had a defender there to take that away - which opened up the near post - but largely I don't have a problem with his positioning.

And RIT needs to give a set amount of free tickets to students like tonight all the time. It creates such a great atmosphere which in turn will draw more people from the community. 3,500 for AIC (1,000 were free student tickets) is a great crowd.
                  I blame the defense more for not playing situational hockey for goal #2. Just keep the middle clogged up for the last few seconds and they don't get that second goal - which I think gave AIC momentum for the third period that they pretty much dominated.

And totally agree on the set of free tickets for students.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Highlights from last nights game (and props to RIT for including the AIC goals as well, they must of been reading our posts about not including goals from the opposing teams in previous game highlights). Much thanks RIT!

https://youtu.be/9otdE6C2fdg
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

The TV announcers are correct that the disallowed goal should have counted, but are completely, embarrassingly wrong about why. If the puck was redirected in by Brown's glove, it would indeed be no goal. The problem is it actually looked like it went off his chest, and thus should have counted. I can only think that the officials said that they could not conclusively say it wasn't off of Brown's glove, but I think that's crap. I think it was fairly clear it bounced off his chest from the overhead cam.

EDIT: I guess you could make the argument that he intentionally batted the puck into the next with his chest, but that argument is pretty flimsy to me. Regardless, if it went off his glove, intent doesn't matter, it's no goal. If the puck hit his chest then it would have to be "deliberate" (which is a judgment call in the first place, which pretty much gives the referee an out to not change his call) for the goal to be disallowed.
                      Last edited by jflory81; 11-04-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Looked like Drackett was beyond the crease on the OT goal and was trying to reach back to stop it. Regardless, crappy way to end the weekend
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Well it sure was nice having one game this weekend where RIT wasn't constantly parading to the penalty box. This team needs to find more consistent discipline or else every team is going to just poke and prod to get under our skin and beat us on special teams.
                          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                            The TV announcers are correct that the disallowed goal should have counted, but are completely, embarrassingly wrong about why. If the puck was redirected in by Brown's glove, it would indeed be no goal. The problem is it actually looked like it went off his chest, and thus should have counted. I can only think that the officials said that they could not conclusively say it wasn't off of Brown's glove, but I think that's crap. I think it was fairly clear it bounced off his chest from the overhead cam.

EDIT: I guess you could make the argument that he intentionally batted the puck into the next with his chest, but that argument is pretty flimsy to me. Regardless, if it went off his glove, intent doesn't matter, it's no goal. If the puck hit his chest then it would have to be "deliberate" (which is a judgment call in the first place, which pretty much gives the referee an out to not change his call) for the goal to be disallowed.
                            Army scored a goal during the Friday night game against RIT that went off Dom Franco's chest and past Drackett. It was reviewed...good goal, everybody agreed. Same play, yet no goal for RIT tonight, smh with this officiating, every time I see something like this I wish RIT was in a different league even if we had to take our lumps for a few seasons. BTW take a look at who was officiating, and take notes for later games in the season...
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              Army scored a goal during the Friday night game against RIT that went off Dom Franco's chest and past Drackett. It was reviewed...good goal, everybody agreed. Same play, yet no goal for RIT tonight, smh with this officiating, every time I see something like this I wish RIT was in a different league even if we had to take our lumps for a few seasons. BTW take a look at who was officiating, and take notes for later games in the season...
                              I think they saw him punch the puck with his glove which is a no-no. I could not tell from the replays. Ricochet off a player would count but any motion toward the goal with a body part would call for a no-goal. So says the rule book
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                I think they saw him punch the puck with his glove which is a no-no. I could not tell from the replays. Ricochet off a player would count but any motion toward the goal with a body part would call for a no-goal. So says the rule book
                                I hear what you’re saying Blaze but a shot with a deflection off a stick and then more of a reflex to avoid getting hit does not equate to a volleyball-esque setting the puck up into the air and then smashing home a winner like AIC’s disallowed goal. Wish I could find Franco’s goal on the web from last Friday, basically identical. At any rate what is done is done but I hope the league looks at both of those goals and take corrective action if necessary. On the bright side we’ve taken six of eight points these last two weekends so things are looking up.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X