Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Under the current administration it's more likely we move hockey to D3 than the rest of the school to D1, based on what I have seen/heard.
    that would be very lame. I dont know much about Munson though. I loved the energy and direction Destler took with the school
    RIT Tigers
    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
    Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
      Everything is relative, I guess. I was thinking nationally.
      Atlantic Hockey teams are not likely to be nationally relevant.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        Under the current administration it's more likely we move hockey to D3 than the rest of the school to D1, based on what I have seen/heard.
        Not sure how to feel about that. One the one hand, downgrading is generally a bad sign. On the other hand, maybe we get less depressing results in the win column. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
          Not sure how to feel about that. One the one hand, downgrading is generally a bad sign. On the other hand, maybe we get less depressing results in the win column. Maybe.
          Well, we'd definitely get the change in coaching staff wanted by some. No way Wilson would stick around if we moved back to D3, that would be a slap in the face to him and the whole program.
          RIT

Comment

I think it would be a HUGE mistake to drop back to DIII in hockey. It would be a MAJOR step backwards and I'm pretty sure some people would stop giving to RIT if that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              I think it would be a HUGE mistake to drop back to DIII in hockey. It would be a MAJOR step backwards and I'm pretty sure some people would stop giving to RIT if that happened.
              And the GPC would become a white elephant.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                May I ask where all this DIII talk even came from? It's a very disturbing topic.
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  May I ask where all this DIII talk even came from? It's a very disturbing topic.
                  It stemmed from comparing Munson to Destler. Munson is interested in improving other sports where Destler was consistantly at the hockey games. Considering that Simone had to be dragged kicking and screaming to DI, I would be shocked if this ever happened.

Also, I think it's from frustration of 2 straight seasons of losing in the playoffs to the last place team in the league.

Comment

Agreed. Even I'm not for taking that drastic of a step, and I'm a person who'd be ok with cutting our entire roster and giving the club team a shot at this point. :P

Comment

It's not even a topic worth the time and energy it takes to type this. It will not be happening any generation soon. As Russell alluded to, the GPC is pretty much a monument to DI commitment.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I can't give away specific sources, but Spiotti literally walked out of a meeting in which Munson mentioned his interest in moving the program back to D3.

Do I think it would get past the Board? Probably not. But I do think that it's at least feasible he'll try..and if not, it at least signals very clearly he's not going to be interested in committing anything to significantly advancing the program from where it is today.
                        Last edited by RIT Winters; 03-16-2018, 06:35 PM.
                        RIT

Comment

I love RIT hockey, and its a source of pride as a student and alumni but I'm not paying for club section season tickets for a D3 team. While there is still work to do on student attendance to games interest in the local community has definitely grown quite a bit. Anyone I know that has an interest in hockey and/or local sports teams will usually chat to me about the team with at least some passing knowledge. I can't say I ever ran into anyone that cares about Naz's D3 program.

Crosstown rivalry games against Naz would be cool though, would love to invade the Burgerplex with orange and black...
                          RIT Tigers
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

For those of you jonesing over the lack of RIT hockey now that their season has ended, I did something last Saturday night that I found quite enjoyable. I headed over to the ECHL web site, selected the Colorado Eagles and listened to a live broadcast of the Eagles vs the Allen Americans. Hearing Matt Garbowsky’s name along with Chase Norrish was pretty cool. Chase held his own and the announcers found themselves praising the rookie defenseman especially after he delivered a crushing check sending the home crowd into a frenzy. Plus the Eagles play more than just Friday and Saturday nights. I intend to listen to them through the end of their season.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              I can't give away specific sources, but Spiotti literally walked out of a meeting in which Munson mentioned his interest in moving the program back to D3.
                              That would be a terrible mistake. He might as well kill hockey if that happens. I would seriously consider not going to as many games if they do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                That would be a terrible mistake. He might as well kill hockey if that happens. I would seriously consider not going to as many games if they do that.
                                I’d probably cancel my Army season tickets and use the extra Saturday’s to catch games from the ECAC.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X