Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    endowment $ towards finacial aid which player does not have to pay back (Union does this)
    Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]
        I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.
          Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.
            I know of one fine gentleman, a current student and non-athlete, who would be more-than-happy to "take one for the team", and accept an award of equal value offered to a talented recruit.
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
              Thanks Turk, He has lived,breathed and slept RIT hockey for the past four years and still managed to clutter my refrigerator door with Deans list letters.

Comment

Powers &8^]
                I'm sure they will get to him. His name is still in there with, I think both Chris and Ed have not received it yet. The AD, Coaches, players, and administrators all apperciate the many people who give so much for RIT hockey.

All in good time...
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Saw this tweet. The Tigers have some work to do.

Cawlidge Hawkey Ins.
                  4/22/18, 8:11 PM
                  Atlantic Hockey goals against per game

1 Air Force 2.03
                  2 Army 2.43
                  3 Robert Morris 2.59
                  4 AIC 2.77
                  5 Holy Cross 2.78
                  6 Canisius 2.82
                  7 Mercyhurst 2.86
                  8 Bentley 2.97
                  9 Niagara 3.11
                  10 Sacred Heart 3.33
                  11 RIT 3.35
                  Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 04-25-2018, 07:57 PM.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    His name is still in there with, I think both Chris and Ed have not received it yet.
                    Chris, Ed, and Randy were the first recipients of the award in its inaugural year. Scott got it last year.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Announced this morning: next year's captains are Erik Brown and Abbott Girduckis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Announced this morning: next year's captains are Erik Brown and Abbott Girduckis.
                        I wonder what the odds are to see Abbott taking a shot against RMU and his brother is playing for RMU trying to block it. EP lists Aidan also at 190lbs as Abbott is listed but Aidan is 6’4”, Abbott is 6’1”. Going to be some fun times for that family. Hope we get to see them on the ice at the same time this year. Congrats Erik and Abbott on the “C” sweaters.
                        Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 05-08-2018, 02:38 PM.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Started to break down AHA Recruiting classes. Found some nice video of incoming recruit Zach Salloum. May your eyes enjoy. Try and throw some tidbits on the board as I breakdown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpE-_HdSW9Y
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Count down to schedule release... Will it be in June or July?
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              Count down to schedule release... Will it be in June or July?
                              And RIT has announced the hiring of a volunteer goalie coach. Don’t have the link handy perhaps one of you can post it.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Len Perno joins RIT men's hockey staff as volunteer goaltending coach
                                ROCHESTER, NY – Head Coach Wayne Wilson announced that Len Perno will join the RIT men's hockey staff as volunteer goaltending coach for the 2018-19 season.

Perno comes to RIT after serving as an assistant coach at nearby SUNY Geneseo for the last five seasons. The Knights won two SUNYAC titles and made three trips to the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament during his tenure. Perno worked with Geneseo's goaltenders, while assisting in day-to-day practice and game preparation.

"Len has great qualifications and will be a great addition to our stuff," said Wilson. "He will help in all facets of our game, in particular with our goaltenders. I look forward to working with him on our staff."

A Rochester native, Perno played three seasons for the Rochester Junior Americans before heading to Oswego State. He played two seasons for the Lakers, earning the Oswego State Fan's Choice Award in 1992-93. Perno received his bachelor's degree in public justice and a minor in athletic coaching from Oswego in 1995.

From there, Perno played three seasons at the professional level with the Reno Renegades of the West Coast Hockey League (WCHL), Knoxville of the ECHL and the Binghamton Rangers and hometown Rochester Americans of the America Hockey League (AHL).

Perno is also a USA Hockey Level 4 Certified coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X