Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

An Answer or Opinion for Everything

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    I'm surprised that this even came up in the boards and not handled in person. If it really came from the coaches, it's not like they don't know who the major players in the Corner Crew are and have to have it passed on to the USCHO message boards.

Games like last night are why everyone is frustrated with the team. They are clearly talented enough in my mind to win the AHA tournament. However, they have made it difficult after such a good first half of the season where instead of fighting for a 1 seed, they are fighting to get home ice in the first round.
    One of the corner crew leaders got an ear full about it at a recent game. I think everyone letting other frustration get to them on what is a small issue. Time for everyone to take a step back and get back to Hockey. This is a game right?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    I'm surprised that this even came up in the boards and not handled in person. If it really came from the coaches, it's not like they don't know who the major players in the Corner Crew are and have to have it passed on to the USCHO message boards.

Games like last night are why everyone is frustrated with the team. They are clearly talented enough in my mind to win the AHA tournament. However, they have made it difficult after such a good first half of the season where instead of fighting for a 1 seed, they are fighting to get home ice in the first round.
    Go figure. Jekyll and Hyde. Great Result. Now the boys go back to Mercyhurst where they had their butts handed to them. Mercyhurst playing great too. Which Tiger team will show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Go figure. Jekyll and Hyde. Great Result. Now the boys go back to Mercyhurst where they had their butts handed to them. Mercyhurst playing great too. Which Tiger team will show up?
    Hopefully the same guys who played this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Hopefully the same guys who played this weekend
    In other news. I think one of the Tiger alums was involved in this. I had a look at the box score.

https://twitter.com/jordanstrack/sta...15598805753856

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    I think one of the Tiger alums was involved in this. I had a look at the box score.
    Danny Smith got 5+game for fighting in a secondary altercation. In his defense, he probably had no idea what his jerk of a teammate had just done.

Powers &8^]

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Danny Smith got 5+game for fighting in a secondary altercation. In his defense, he probably had no idea what his jerk of a teammate had just done.

Powers &8^]
    Agreed. The garbage that precipitated the fight was pretty ugly. As someone said on another board you have to like how the goalies just came to an accord and probably said ‘okay we’re done’. Also probably said ‘good fight’ to each other and then separated.

Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Yahoo!
    I'll pick against RIT the rest of the season if it means they keep on winning.

Not only was this a big win, it was one of those wins where the team came together. Giving up the 3rd Mercyhurst goal late in the 2nd after a rash of penalties, I fully expected Mercyhurst to tie it and then most likely win it in the 3rd period. When they did tie it in the third I was waiting for the other shoe to drop... then much to my surprise I was freaking happy to see RIT grab the lead back! Big gut check there... to keep it on an even keel. Even then I thought Mercyhurst would tie it late....and they did. Then, of the three possibilities in overtime, I was expecting, one, a Mercyhurst win, two, a tie, or three, an RIT win... in that order..... an even bigger gut check. Needless to say, very happy with the OT goal!

I'm a pessimist, but this team is growing up, I want to believe in them, I do believe in them, they need to continue with the road winning streak next weekend... go Tigers!
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    I knew this was going to bring up the "Home of the Tigers" debate again.

Looks guys, I respect your opinions, but I think your going a little PC overboard here. Which is especially Ironic giving the recent PC change to the Canadian Anthem. I think many who know me would consider me a patriotic guy. And the NFL players anthem protest bother me for the simple fact that they are meant to be disrespectful. Which I don't think any of the kids in the corner crew mean to be. There is kind of a balance here, let us not forget the entire tradition of playing the national anthem before a sporting event was really born out of post World War I, some might even argue propaganda that extended into the cold war. I've always found it nice, but a bit odd that something like that is taken so serious at a game.

Let's be honest, a lot of what the Corner Crew does borders on and ever so often cross the lines of taste, respect, and political correctness. It is the reason why I migrated away after my college days, but I at the same time I can be found at the top crew some days. They are kids, is it really that surprising they are a bit immature? And when they do cross the line, Dave Faas and company does a pretty good of bring the kids back. God I miss Alex Lewis, when people crossed the line he would really get mad and yell at them.

Let's not get over excited over Cornell screaming RED! or Home of the Tigers, or even Home of the Sioux! That really gets them going eh? And with respect to players and coaches, especially considering this season they have better things to worry about...
    Hey, I'm going to (kind of) agree with Tom for the second time this week! I think that's a record.

Is making sounds to mimic instrument parts left out of the arrangement of "O, Canada" disrespectful? I don't think so at all (for example, an a cappella arrangement might include similar sounds), but if it bothers the players and coaches then it should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lerch View Post
    Hey, I'm going to (kind of) agree with Tom for the second time this week! I think that's a record.

Is making sounds to mimic instrument parts left out of the arrangement of "O, Canada" disrespectful? I don't think so at all (for example, an a cappella arrangement might include similar sounds), but if it bothers the players and coaches then it should stop.
    Hockey wise we normally not far apart, politically not so much and that's been two this week. We can celebrate this by having a couple of Buds at Blue Cross.

Just to bring the universe back into balance I will say "Ronald Reagan was the best president ever."

We now return you to Chris Lerch cursing me out

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

We now return you to Chris Lerch cursing me out
    He started already when you suggested he would drink a Budweiser.

R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!

Let's not get over excited over Cornell screaming RED! or Home of the Tigers, or even Home of the Sioux!
    The Cornell and RPI fans are merely accentuating a word that is in the song (kind of like the stomping during O Canada), where ours are screaming their team name over the top of the actual lyrics. A fine line, but a difference nonetheless.
    Either way it is certainly not the worst thing in the world by any stretch. However I wonder why people can't just stand at attention and be respectful for a couple minutes out of their day. How hard is that? The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    The Cornell and RPI fans are merely accentuating a word that is in the song (kind of like the stomping during O Canada), where ours are screaming their team name over the top of the actual lyrics. A fine line, but a difference nonetheless.
    Either way it is certainly not the worst thing in the world by any stretch. However I wonder why people can't just stand at attention and be respectful for a couple minutes out of their day. How hard is that? The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
    Hear, hear! Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    He started already when you suggested he would drink a Budweiser.
    I want to encourage him not to hold back. Better not to have unresolved issues

Oh, and Ed an RIT parent I spoke to was very complimentary of the way you critique the leagues officiating...

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

Here we go

Sacred Heart pulled off the upset, which is good news for RIT in that it keeps Air Force 2 points below them in the standings. It's a good thing RIT and Sacred Heart have the extra day off and play Saturday/Sunday after each team playing 3 games in 5 days. RIT will still have that extra day of rest. It also means that the Tigers can't rest on their laurels and think this is an easy 4 point weekend.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Hey, you SUCK!

Quite surprising to get a 6 point weekend after playing so poorly the last two months. Watching the video highlights from the Mercyhurst game most of the goals on Short were pretty bad goals to give up, and 2 of them were just unacceptable. His stats on the weekend actually got worse from where they were when I made my post a few weeks ago calling out all the goalies on their stats.

Glad we got the win, but I still can't say I feel good about heading into the end of the season with no clear starting goalie and no goalie even north of .890sv% at this point. Having to score 4+ to win every game is not sustainable.
    RIT

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
    See, this is the part I don't get. They didn't die for a flag. Or for an anthem. They fought for our country. And it's only been in the last decade or two that the pre-game anthem tradition has been explicitly tied to the military, at least in most venues. When the tradition started, it had nothing to do with servicepeople AFAIK.

And most of those who died didn't do so to "preserve our freedom". Any particular war may or may not have been a noble cause, but our freedom hasn't been at serious risk in a very long, long time.

Powers &8^]

Just to bring the universe back into balance I will say "Ronald Reagan was the best president ever."
    You're so wrong, it's pathetic.

The greatest President was William Henry Harrison, Sr.

What's that you ask? He only lasted 31 days? Exactly!
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

So Sacred Heart won in OT over Air Force today 2-1. They are also riding a three game win streak.

Keep an eye on the Canisius @ Air Force series this weekend. If Canisius struggles in the thin air and we take care of business in Connecticut (obviously not a given), it could make for a really interesting final weekend.

Sacred Heart is a different challenge than last weekend's games. Mercyhurst and Robert Morris will willingly try to skate with us. Sacred Heart is going to pack it in, make the safe play always, and try to counter-attack.

Thread Information