Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Fan of the New York State Thruway
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Yes, because the way this season has gone for RIT, you do NOT want to give yourselves more chances to lose.
    Well then, we need an Army loss and at least an RIT tie tomorrow night . Or If Army ties then RIT needs a win.. An Army win tomorrow night and It doesn’t matter what RIT does. RIT needs to at least finish tied with Army to get the bye as RIT holds the tiebreaker by sweeping Army earlier in the season.. so it comes down to the final regular season game.

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Well then, we need an Army loss and at least an RIT tie tomorrow night . Or If Army ties then RIT needs a win.. An Army win tomorrow night and It doesn’t matter what RIT does. RIT needs to at least finish tied with Army to get the bye as RIT holds the tiebreaker by sweeping Army earlier in the season.. so it comes down to the final regular season game.
    An Air Force win leapfrogs them into third place, which also solves the problem.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Hate to sound like a broken record, but I did say we're not going anywhere with this goaltending.

Brownie makes an incredible effort to give RIT the lead late and then Short gives up two unacceptable goals in less than a minute. Just not good enough.
    To be fair, Brubacher must have thought Jack Riley had a force shield around him, because he didn't get within two feet of Riley the whole time Riley had the puck skating to the front of the net.

This is way I say soft defensive play has been RIT's biggest problem.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    It wasn't really a whack, what it was, Brown is in the crease and his glove really prevents the goaltender from coming up to make the Save. I don't think Erik meant to he was trying to deflect the puck , but from how the rule been explained to me that's the correct call even if the ref did a poor job of explaining it. If there is any contact that prevents the goaltender from making the Save they are going to wash the goal. I think the rule needs a tweaking, but it is the rule we are living with for now...

Not to mention he is in the blue as the puck comes towards the net, another rule I hate, but...
    It was a clear no goal. I don't want to watch a sport where they allow a goal like that. He clearly interfered with the goaltender's ability to make the save inside the crease. Any contact that the goaltender initiated was while Brown was still inside of his crease.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Drackett tomorrow. Short didn't make the saves, and got caught swimming on the GTG.
    Last edited by jflory81; Today at 02:04 AM.

As for tomorrow, a win, Army tie, and Air Force loss still gets RIT a bye and home ice.

An Army loss means the best RIT can do is 5th, and an Army win means RIT will be hosting someone at the Polesseni next weekend, regardless of what RIT does tomorrow.

Thread Information