Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    I also noticed RIT has been getting bigger recruits size-wise. However, either they were slower in general or just slow to react in transition from offense to defense.

To me, the big key for next year is how much improvement Drackett and Andriano make over the offseason. Drackett clearly showed flashes of being very good, but was not consistent. The defense will be need to play better as well to minimize breakaways.
    The trick with bigger guys is their skating skills. Hard for a school like RIT to get both. Someone who is 6'2, 200 lbs, and is a smooth skater is probably getting a lot of looks from schools in more attractive conferences and/or schools with scholies. I do joke with one of my friends the standard RIT recruit announcement is 5'11 165 lbs

I agree with you on goalie development. When Drackett started the BCA game I was like wow we got a freshman starting here must be something special and then he ran into some struggles early on. I am hoping its just taking him longer to adjust to the college game and he can find consistent footing
    RIT Tigers
    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
    Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
      I haven't posted in a while I forgot how picky everyone is around here
      It wouldn't be any fun to just let it go.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• For any RIT fans local to the Rochester area, are you planning on attending any of the games next weekend (16th-17th) at BCA? I know the RIT students will be coming back from spring break so I will be curious as to what attendance will be like given no RIT in the final four plus any casually interested RIT students might be out of town. I’ve only been to the BCA for homecoming games so I can’t imagine what a sparsely populated BCA might feel like. I still have one last hurrah this weekend at Tate Rink where Army will be hosting AF, so two games, maybe three.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          For any RIT fans local to the Rochester area, are you planning on attending any of the games next weekend (16th-17th) at BCA? I know the RIT students will be coming back from spring break so I will be curious as to what attendance will be like given no RIT in the final four plus any casually interested RIT students might be out of town. I’ve only been to the BCA for homecoming games so I can’t imagine what a sparsely populated BCA might feel like. I still have one last hurrah this weekend at Tate Rink where Army will be hosting AF, so two games, maybe three.
          Any time RIT has made it downtown I tend to go early enough to watch the end of the early game. Even with RIT scheduled to play that day, the arena is always emptyyyyyy. It's a very sad atmosphere, to be honest. Very quiet.
          RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            Any time RIT has made it downtown I tend to go early enough to watch the end of the early game. Even with RIT scheduled to play that day, the arena is always emptyyyyyy. It's a very sad atmosphere, to be honest. Very quiet.
            I guess once the contract is finished between BCA and Atlantic Hockey maybe the playoffs including the championship should always be hosted at the higher seed given pretty much every team is or has upgraded their home ice.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• And Myles Powell gets an ATO with the Amerks. Congrats Myles!
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                For any RIT fans local to the Rochester area, are you planning on attending any of the games next weekend (16th-17th) at BCA? I know the RIT students will be coming back from spring break so I will be curious as to what attendance will be like given no RIT in the final four plus any casually interested RIT students might be out of town. I’ve only been to the BCA for homecoming games so I can’t imagine what a sparsely populated BCA might feel like. I still have one last hurrah this weekend at Tate Rink where Army will be hosting AF, so two games, maybe three.
                When RIT is not in it, it will only take a minute to count the attendance in your head... And that was last year when Canisius was in it.

Even when RIT is in it, the attendance is kind of dismal.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

When it comes to college sports in Rochester it really begins and ends with 'Cuse basketball. But really going to watch Canisius play Holy Cross (for example) hockey isn't high on my list either
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    When it comes to college sports in Rochester it really begins and ends with 'Cuse basketball. But really going to watch Canisius play Holy Cross (for example) hockey isn't high on my list either
                    But nobody is traveling for these games either. Canisius is an hour away, and nobody bothered making the trip last year.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                      When it comes to college sports in Rochester it really begins and ends with 'Cuse basketball.
                      This is very true but it doesn't have to be like this. Rochester is the largest city without a D1 College program... It's pretty amazing actually how none of our universities and colleges hasn't tapped into the Rochester market which is craving a decent team to follow... RIT is perfect, so is St. John Fisher to go D1 across the board...
                      R I T HOCKEY
                      Frozen Four
                      Elite Eight
                      NCAA Tournament
                      2010-2015-2016
                      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Powell in the lineup tonight for the Amerks. I'd love to see him stick around in the AHL, but given that Garbowsky couldn't I suspect that Powell's signing has more to do with the injury/call-up situation among forwards in Rochester than the organization thinking Powell has some long term upside beyond the ECHL level...

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                          Powell in the lineup tonight for the Amerks. I'd love to see him stick around in the AHL, but given that Garbowsky couldn't I suspect that Powell's signing has more to do with the injury/call-up situation among forwards in Rochester than the organization thinking Powell has some long term upside beyond the ECHL level...
                          Garbo wasn't really ever given a chance. They stuffed him on the 4th line and made him a penalty killer, even though the team was pretty bad and could have used a spark.
                          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            Garbo wasn't really ever given a chance. They stuffed him on the 4th line and made him a penalty killer, even though the team was pretty bad and could have used a spark.
                            Oh I agree. I just think Powell will get similar treatment and isn't quite the player Garbowsky was anyway. I hope Matt gets another chance in the AHL next year. He's been one of the best players in the ECHL for a couple years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                              This is very true but it doesn't have to be like this. Rochester is the largest city without a D1 College program... It's pretty amazing actually how none of our universities and colleges hasn't tapped into the Rochester market which is craving a decent team to follow... RIT is perfect, so is St. John Fisher to go D1 across the board...
                              Besides the fact that SJF is small, they also have a football team. No way they go D1 with a football team (way too expensive these days), and no way are they dropping their football team.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

I believe the rule is that you have to go DII for a set number of years before you go DI. That would prohibit the Rochester area colleges since you would need to find leagues.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X