Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

I haven't been on here in a long time. Has RIT announces any future out of conference games for the future season(s)?

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by dpdc77 View Post
    I haven't been on here in a long time. Has RIT announces any future out of conference games for the future season(s)?
    I posted details from the radio on February 2: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6597186

Powers &8^]

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    I posted details from the radio on February 2: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6597186

Powers &8^]
    There's one pair of games to add in 2019-2020: UMass-Lowell at RIT for two. When we first listed the games, we weren't clear on the fact that the Icebreaker games do not count against your total, so RIT will get 36 NCAA games that season.

Recruiting is the key. Getting very difficult to ask players/parents to pay $200k plus to play hockey. Soon the tuition cost will out weight the desire to play D1 hockey. I believe we are seeing a small taste of it now. When Sacred Heart comes into the GP, has more determination, grit and desire to win then the home team. That's a problem, a big one.

High tuition costs, Lowest league in Division 1 , 2 losing seasons with 1st round home playoff loses....Game day environment at GP-Friendly and fun for visiting team......at Ritter-Intimidating, threatening and an advantage.

A lot of money goes into the program....if there is not a change in wins.... then there needs to be some sort of a change else where.....

Going back to D3 should not be an option....Something with cost of attending the school, scholarship, endowment $ towards finacial aid which player does not have to pay back (Union does this), different league.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    endowment $ towards finacial aid which player does not have to pay back (Union does this)
    Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.

Powers &8^]

Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]

Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]
    I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.

Quote Originally Posted by jstadts View Post
    I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.
    Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01

Cool Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.
    I know of one fine gentleman, a current student and non-athlete, who would be more-than-happy to "take one for the team", and accept an award of equal value offered to a talented recruit.
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
    Thanks Turk, He has lived,breathed and slept RIT hockey for the past four years and still managed to clutter my refrigerator door with Deans list letters.

An Answer or Opinion for Everything

Powers &8^]
    I'm sure they will get to him. His name is still in there with, I think both Chris and Ed have not received it yet. The AD, Coaches, players, and administrators all apperciate the many people who give so much for RIT hockey.

All in good time...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Don't pray for yesterday tonight

Saw this tweet. The Tigers have some work to do.

Cawlidge Hawkey Ins.
    4/22/18, 8:11 PM
    Atlantic Hockey goals against per game

1 Air Force 2.03
    2 Army 2.43
    3 Robert Morris 2.59
    4 AIC 2.77
    5 Holy Cross 2.78
    6 Canisius 2.82
    7 Mercyhurst 2.86
    8 Bentley 2.97
    9 Niagara 3.11
    10 Sacred Heart 3.33
    11 RIT 3.35
    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 04-25-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    His name is still in there with, I think both Chris and Ed have not received it yet.
    Chris, Ed, and Randy were the first recipients of the award in its inaugural year. Scott got it last year.

Powers &8^]

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

Announced this morning: next year's captains are Erik Brown and Abbott Girduckis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    Announced this morning: next year's captains are Erik Brown and Abbott Girduckis.
    I wonder what the odds are to see Abbott taking a shot against RMU and his brother is playing for RMU trying to block it. EP lists Aidan also at 190lbs as Abbott is listed but Aidan is 6’4”, Abbott is 6’1”. Going to be some fun times for that family. Hope we get to see them on the ice at the same time this year. Congrats Erik and Abbott on the “C” sweaters.
    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 05-08-2018 at 02:38 PM.

An Answer or Opinion for Everything

Started to break down AHA Recruiting classes. Found some nice video of incoming recruit Zach Salloum. May your eyes enjoy. Try and throw some tidbits on the board as I breakdown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpE-_HdSW9Y
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Count down to schedule release... Will it be in June or July?

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Count down to schedule release... Will it be in June or July?
    And RIT has announced the hiring of a volunteer goalie coach. Don’t have the link handy perhaps one of you can post it.

Len Perno joins RIT men's hockey staff as volunteer goaltending coach
    ROCHESTER, NY – Head Coach Wayne Wilson announced that Len Perno will join the RIT men's hockey staff as volunteer goaltending coach for the 2018-19 season.

Perno comes to RIT after serving as an assistant coach at nearby SUNY Geneseo for the last five seasons. The Knights won two SUNYAC titles and made three trips to the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament during his tenure. Perno worked with Geneseo's goaltenders, while assisting in day-to-day practice and game preparation.

"Len has great qualifications and will be a great addition to our stuff," said Wilson. "He will help in all facets of our game, in particular with our goaltenders. I look forward to working with him on our staff."

A Rochester native, Perno played three seasons for the Rochester Junior Americans before heading to Oswego State. He played two seasons for the Lakers, earning the Oswego State Fan's Choice Award in 1992-93. Perno received his bachelor's degree in public justice and a minor in athletic coaching from Oswego in 1995.

From there, Perno played three seasons at the professional level with the Reno Renegades of the West Coast Hockey League (WCHL), Knoxville of the ECHL and the Binghamton Rangers and hometown Rochester Americans of the America Hockey League (AHL).

Perno is also a USA Hockey Level 4 Certified coach.

Thanks West, that is indeed the same article that I read.

Good for RIT to make a change and mix things up a bit in the coaching staff to shore up the goaltending.

Thread Information