Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

I haven't been on here in a long time. Has RIT announces any future out of conference games for the future season(s)?

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by dpdc77 View Post
    I haven't been on here in a long time. Has RIT announces any future out of conference games for the future season(s)?
    I posted details from the radio on February 2: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6597186

Powers &8^]

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    I posted details from the radio on February 2: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6597186

Powers &8^]
    There's one pair of games to add in 2019-2020: UMass-Lowell at RIT for two. When we first listed the games, we weren't clear on the fact that the Icebreaker games do not count against your total, so RIT will get 36 NCAA games that season.

Recruiting is the key. Getting very difficult to ask players/parents to pay $200k plus to play hockey. Soon the tuition cost will out weight the desire to play D1 hockey. I believe we are seeing a small taste of it now. When Sacred Heart comes into the GP, has more determination, grit and desire to win then the home team. That's a problem, a big one.

High tuition costs, Lowest league in Division 1 , 2 losing seasons with 1st round home playoff loses....Game day environment at GP-Friendly and fun for visiting team......at Ritter-Intimidating, threatening and an advantage.

A lot of money goes into the program....if there is not a change in wins.... then there needs to be some sort of a change else where.....

Going back to D3 should not be an option....Something with cost of attending the school, scholarship, endowment $ towards finacial aid which player does not have to pay back (Union does this), different league.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    endowment $ towards finacial aid which player does not have to pay back (Union does this)
    Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.

Powers &8^]

Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]

Award winners for this season: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...d-winners.aspx

I still think Rocky Perrotta deserves the Dr. Albert J. Simone Distinguished Service Award but they steadfastly refuse to give it to him. I wonder if he's refused it or something.

Powers &8^]
    I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.

Quote Originally Posted by jstadts View Post
    I don`t know the situation regarding Rocky but I am sure proud of the young man who won it.He is my son.
    Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01

Cool Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Unfortunately, since such money can't be targeted at athletes, it would have to be available to a much larger segment of the student population. And since Union only has 2,200 students, it's a lot cheaper to do that for them than for RIT.
    I know of one fine gentleman, a current student and non-athlete, who would be more-than-happy to "take one for the team", and accept an award of equal value offered to a talented recruit.
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Congrats to your son. Equip. Mgrs. & such are so vital to every Team. Unsung guys who put in a ton of time.
    Thanks Turk, He has lived,breathed and slept RIT hockey for the past four years and still managed to clutter my refrigerator door with Deans list letters.

Thread Information