Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    I just was notified by the RIT sports information department that the games at Mercyhurst this weekend have been postponed. Dates for rescheduling them are TBD, but it is likely that they will be made up as two single midweek games.
    Wow but not unexpected. Lots of logistics involved hosting a weekend series of hockey, and lots of support personnel many whom are dealing with massive amounts of snow at home. Would be nice if RIT could host this weekend and the Tigers go out to Erie at the end of the year but there is probably more to it then I would know. Stay warm folks. Chilly out even down my way near NYC.

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Wow but not unexpected. Lots of logistics involved hosting a weekend series of hockey, and lots of support personnel many whom are dealing with massive amounts of snow at home. Would be nice if RIT could host this weekend and the Tigers go out to Erie at the end of the year but there is probably more to it then I would know. Stay warm folks. Chilly out even down my way near NYC.
    Yeah, not sure why they don't do that. RIT's women are already hosting the Mercyhurst women that weekend in February, which means the women's games are in the afternoon before the men's games. Moving the men's games to Erie would be easier on RIT rink staff that weekend.

Powers &8^]

Edit: It occurs to me that changing the date of RIT's Senior Night might be inconvenient for the families.
    Last edited by LtPowers; 12-28-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Postscript

An Answer or Opinion for Everything

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Edit: It occurs to me that changing the date of RIT's Senior Night might be inconvenient for the families.
    Also not to mention media (TV and Radio), all though we know the WITR Guys are ready to go any day or night! The biggest issue would be travel with all that snow which Mercyhurst would still face in trying to get out of Erie. So that solution probably would not have worked. Will be interested to see how this shakes out, there are no weekend dates available for RIT before the end of the season, so they will end up playing 4 games in 7 days.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

100 % chance of lake effect snow until Sunday morning in Erie. Safety first boys and girls, safety first!

Make up games with Mercyhurst will be Tuesday, January 16th and Monday, February 12th.

Now let's hope they can get down to Niagara this weekend!

R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Make up games with Mercyhurst will be Tuesday, January 16th and Monday, February 12th.

Now let's hope they can get down to Niagara this weekend!
    As long as the roads have been cleared, they should be fine. Only an inch or two of new snow expected in Buffalo / Niagara Falls this weekend.

It will be COLD, though. Thank goodness they don't play outdoors.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

To call it a shame to completely outplay a team for 39 minutes and then let them back into the game with two silly, selfish, and stupid plays is an understatement. Deserves a lost for that one minute of play...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    To call it a shame to completely outplay a team for 39 minutes and then let them back into the game with two silly, selfish, and stupid plays is an understatement. Deserves a lost for that one minute of play...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    This team, with so much talent, has found more ways to surprise me than many of the previous RIT teams Iíve followed. It would be nice to get a split. Anything less would be yet another surprise. Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow.

This team, with so much talent, has found more ways to surprise me than many of the previous RIT teams Iíve followed. It would be nice to get a split. Anything less would be yet another surprise. Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow.
    Been this way for the last couple of years. Don't seem capable of putting together a win streak for some reason

At least that came back from two down to get the tie. Going to be a bumpy road to the post season if they keep this up.

Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Been this way for the last couple of years. Don't seem capable of putting together a win streak for some reason
    RIT has had inconsistant goaltending the last couple years. Rotolo and Ruby got us to the NCAA but they were basically playing hot hand and Ruby got hot at the right time. Rotolo was been inconsistent through most of his career. Drackett started great in conference play but didn't play well for a couple games while Short got hot. Now the question is did Short get cold after giving up his 4 goals, or was that a team effort. Drackett recovered enough to get a tie.

I think RIT really needs to get at least a split against Air Force, but that won't be easy.\
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    RIT has had inconsistant goaltending the last couple years. Rotolo and Ruby got us to the NCAA but they were basically playing hot hand and Ruby got hot at the right time. Rotolo was been inconsistent through most of his career. Drackett started great in conference play but didn't play well for a couple games while Short got hot. Now the question is did Short get cold after giving up his 4 goals, or was that a team effort. Drackett recovered enough to get a tie.

I think RIT really needs to get at least a split against Air Force, but that won't be easy.\
    There was really were no soft goals this past weekend, but also really was lacking that key save at the critical moment. Good news is Drackett played much better than he has. I still think he is the guy, but it will be key for Short to have some good starts.

RIT played a much better game Friday than Saturday. Niagara was much better Saturday. Was was inexcusable for the weekend was the last 1:15 of the second. Problem two it was a Senior who made a terrible decision at a critical time after the first goal that lead to the second goal. This team needs leadership and smart play from the veterans on the team. Poor decisions by Juniors and Seniors have been a theme the last two years. Their play needs to be a lot cleaner.

This weekend really gives me pause, we are getting down to the part of the season where the rubber meets the road. We shouldn't need any more team meetings to get guys to play hard, but there are a some guys who need to be less selfish and go out there and play hard or we will see a similar result of last season...

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

There was really were no soft goals this past weekend, but also really was lacking that key save at the critical moment. Good news is Drackett played much better than he has. I still think he is the guy, but it will be key for Short to have some good starts.

RIT played a much better game Friday than Saturday. Niagara was much better Saturday. Was was inexcusable for the weekend was the last 1:15 of the second. Problem two it was a Senior who made a terrible decision at a critical time after the first goal that lead to the second goal. This team needs leadership and smart play from the veterans on the team. Poor decisions by Juniors and Seniors have been a theme the last two years. Their play needs to be a lot cleaner.

This weekend really gives me pause, we are getting down to the part of the season where the rubber meets the road. We shouldn't need any more team meetings to get guys to play hard, but there are a some guys who need to be less selfish and go out there and play hard or we will see a similar result of last season...

Hopefully Big Foot and the Easter Bunny are at GPC this weekend.

https://twitter.com/af_hky/status/949508730759954432
    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Fixed the Link above, now that I'm at a keyboard rather than an iphone...

I have to admit the longer I watch AHC hockey the more I've come to respect some of the other coaches, especially Coach Serratore, the guy definitely says whats on his mind (although I hope he and AF get swept this weekend)!
    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-11-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Here we go

I didn't say there were soft goals this past weekend, but was speaking more in general about a reason that RIT has difficulty getting a long winning streaks. I think you will agree that is something that is lacking this year.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    I didn't say there were soft goals this past weekend, but was speaking more in general about a reason that RIT has difficulty getting a long winning streaks. I think you will agree that is something that is lacking this year.
    Was just supplying a summery for those who did not see the game. Wayne said in the Alumni event that the goaltending has been inconstant this year and they are still searching for the guy.
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-12-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

Fixed the Link above, now that I'm at a keyboard rather than an iphone...

I have to admit the longer I watch AHC hockey the more I've come to respect some of the other coaches, especially Coach Serratore, the guy definitely says whats on his mind (although I hope he and AF get swept this weekend)!
    This was one of the best Serratore presser!

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/col.../?media=518354

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule

Hey has anybody seen that pesky panic button. It may be time? What happened to that freshman goaltender with all the confidence. You know the one where it seem like he was fly paper and there were no rebounds or if there were he put them high on the glass in the corners. Well enough about tonight what do you say Short's first home shutout on Saturday, since this RIT team seems to play much better on Saturdays than on Fridays, at least on a scoreboard. As those Lottery commercials
    say hey you never know. Go Tigers
    Last edited by 35TH40TH; 01-12-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Can't have that 2nd goal the way the first period went. When you're off your angle on the first goal and the defense limits shots the way they did you have to come up with that save. You can't spot good teams two goals on three shots and expect to win. Drackett was the better goalie last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Short again tomorrow.

If they can get to .500 over the 7 game Canisius-Mercyhurst-Air Force-Niagara stretch they'll be in pretty good shape for a bye. At 0-2-1 so far they have some work to do. Tomorrow really seems like a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Can't have that 2nd goal the way the first period went. When you're off your angle on the first goal and the defense limits shots the way they did you have to come up with that save. You can't spot good teams two goals on three shots and expect to win. Drackett was the better goalie last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Short again tomorrow.

If they can get to .500 over the 7 game Canisius-Mercyhurst-Air Force-Niagara stretch they'll be in pretty good shape for a bye. At 0-2-1 so far they have some work to do. Tomorrow really seems like a must win.

Agree that RIT needs a split. The parity is such in the league that I see the rest of the season for RIT resulting in close wins and losses the rest of the way with no real winning or losing streaks. Will that get them a bye? Probably not. I think back to the AIC series where AIC pulled their starting goalie for a freshman goalie, Durante. That decision earned them a split of the weekend and a wild ride up the standings as they have enjoyed a tremendous season so far on the back of their hot freshman goalie who might be the hottest goalie in Atlantic Hockey. Absent of that hot goalie, I think RIT will be bunched with the majority of teams in the league come playoff time, not at the top, not at the bottom. The question is will we see a new face representing Atlantic Hockey this year at the NCAA's or will a familiar team with a crafty coach (think Wilson, Serratore, Gotkin) get hot at the right time and find a way to win the Atlantic Hockey Championship?
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Thread Information