Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 859

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

  1. #781
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,446

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    You know, I thought that name sounded familiar...

    https://www.democratandchronicle.com...wchl/22469085/


    Powers &8^]

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Thanks West, that is indeed the same article that I read.

    Good for RIT to make a change and mix things up a bit in the coaching staff to shore up the goaltending.
    You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah😁

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    20

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah��
    Yes goaltending was not consistent. But what/how much can a volunteer goalie coach can do with limited time on the ice and from I can see limited talent? Either these players are good enough or they are not. Coaching or wrong players? We have had good, average and not so good. We may be in the not so good area and need a good goalie very quick or another long season is waiting!!!!
    Last edited by Hockeyplayer82; 06-05-2018 at 11:38 PM.

  4. #784
    Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah😁
    Finishing 11th out of 11 teams with a 3.35 goals per game average is a pretty good sign that the barricades need to be shored up...

    Not one players fault.. watching the Stanley Cup you see Holtby give up juicy rebound after juicy rebound but you also see the defense cleaning up the majority of those rebounds. For those rebounds that are picked up by Vegas you then see Holtby making great saves. Not apples to apples but you know what I mean. We need to improve on those goals per game numbers this upcoming season..

  5. #785
    R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    Either these players are good enough or they are not.
    That depends on where their faults lie. Maybe more than other positions, a goalie with a wealth of skill but poor techniques and positioning will not succeed. Maybe the coach is just what they need, and maybe it isn't. At the very least, it certainly couldn't hurt. How much worse could it get? ... Wait... Don't answer that.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Finishing 11th out of 11 teams with a 3.35 goals per game average is a pretty good sign that the barricades need to be shored up...

    Not one players fault.. watching the Stanley Cup you see Holtby give up juicy rebound after juicy rebound but you also see the defense cleaning up the majority of those rebounds. For those rebounds that are picked up by Vegas you then see Holtby making great saves. Not apples to apples but you know what I mean. We need to improve on those goals per game numbers this upcoming season..
    My sarcasim just boarded the fail boat.

    The goal tending last year was a good light/bad light situation. I long for the days when there was a dependable goalie, night in and night out. The defense was no help last year either so there much improvement needed in both areas. Hopefully the goalie coach can help in both.

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    20

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Lost the 2 best dmen, most effective forward/leader and there is no clear cut #1 goalie. The dzone coverage and mistakes were mind boggling. I have no idea where this team gets better in net, better defense and who can score besides Brown. How about the real coaches? They need to do something quick. I do not think the new Prez will accept another disappointing season. On paper recruiting class looks good, hopefully something will click.

  8. #788
    R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    I do not think the new Prez will accept another disappointing season.
    If he even cares.
    The athletic director on the other hand...
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
    Yes goaltending was not consistent. But what/how much can a volunteer goalie coach can do with limited time on the ice and from I can see limited talent? Either these players are good enough or they are not. Coaching or wrong players? We have had good, average and not so good. We may be in the not so good area and need a good goalie very quick or another long season is waiting!!!!
    All I can say is Geneseo has had some pretty darn good goaltending at the D3 level for the past several years. How much did Perno play a role in that? I don't know. I just lay that out as a data point.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    20

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    All I can say is Geneseo has had some pretty darn good goaltending at the D3 level for the past several years. How much did Perno play a role in that? I don't know. I just lay that out as a data point.
    29 games, 600 shots, just over 20 shots a game and on a really really good team, Geneseo won because the team is a top 4 team in the country. I am sure he will be fine. Its the players on the roster, I think you misinterpreted the quote. Nothing against a new coach or the old coach. Recruiting, RIT needs players!

  11. #791
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,895

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    I honestly welcome new thinking for goaltenders in the program. There were a lot of goaltending decisions that the logic of escaped me. A fresh approach is needed, so to me this is a good move.

    To me where the key is next year for the Tigers is going to be leadership and in the room. This team got sloppy after back to back AHA Championships and if anything got more talent. Look at what these kids did in Juniors and you can tell they are no bums off the street. Coaching staff has seem to do about all it can, the lesson has to be learned in the room. It has not been a large number of mistakes as much as just horrible gasps at the worst moments. We saw them up and down the line up. This team cuts out the sloppy play and gets solid goaltender then they will be right back at the top of the league. Talent is there, it's the heads that are not on straight!
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    20

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Head coach decides who plays not volunteer.

    Goalies/defense need huge improvement from last year.

    Leadership will be interesting, good point.

    I agree with the horrible mistakes and there were a lot. Coaching?? Division 1 players cannot make those mistakes, we have not seen those mistakes, maybe ever. Coaches or players?????

    Recruiting class last year was well below average. 2 players were effective. Recruiting class this year looks good.

    The season is months away and it just does not seem like there are strengths to discuss with the team.

  13. #793
    R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    I know the Tigers schedule has yet to be released, but I did see this on the ASU schedule:
    FEB 1 (FRI) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY
    FEB 2 (SAT) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY

    I'm sure the coaches and players (and fans willing to travel) kind of wish this one were on the road, eh? Hockey in Phoenix (technically Tempe, but whatever) in February? What could be better? AIC gets to go to Tempe on Feb 15/16. Lucky them.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    I know the Tigers schedule has yet to be released, but I did see this on the ASU schedule:
    FEB 1 (FRI) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY
    FEB 2 (SAT) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY

    I'm sure the coaches and players (and fans willing to travel) kind of wish this one were on the road, eh? Hockey in Phoenix (technically Tempe, but whatever) in February? What could be better? AIC gets to go to Tempe on Feb 15/16. Lucky them.
    We also know:
    Sat 10/20 vs Colgate @ Blue Cross (Brick City Homecoming)
    Sat 11/24 @ Northeastern
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    I know the Tigers schedule has yet to be released, but I did see this on the ASU schedule:
    FEB 1 (FRI) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY
    FEB 2 (SAT) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY

    I'm sure the coaches and players (and fans willing to travel) kind of wish this one were on the road, eh? Hockey in Phoenix (technically Tempe, but whatever) in February? What could be better? AIC gets to go to Tempe on Feb 15/16. Lucky them.
    There are usually reciprocal agreements with these type of NC arrangements. So, wait a year...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  16. #796

    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    578

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    FlagDUD08 pieces together a composite schedule as various schools release information. It can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Oa3mdIjMgeea8/

    The known RIT dates so far are:
    Oct. 12 - @UMass Lowell
    Oct. 13 - @UMass Lowell
    Oct. 20 - Colgate (Brick City @ BCA)
    Nov. 24 - @Northeastern
    Feb. 1 - Arizona State
    Feb. 2 - Arizona State

    This concludes the non-conference schedule for RIT. Atlantic Hockey has not released the official league schedule to fill in the other dates.

    As Russell mentioned, there will be reciprocal trips concerning UMass Lowell, Colgate, and Arizona State during the 2019-2020 season.
    Scott Biggar
    WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
    Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Biggar View Post
    FlagDUD08 pieces together a composite schedule as various schools release information. It can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Oa3mdIjMgeea8/

    The known RIT dates so far are:
    Oct. 12 - @UMass Lowell
    Oct. 13 - @UMass Lowell
    Oct. 20 - Colgate (Brick City @ BCA)
    Nov. 24 - @Northeastern
    Feb. 1 - Arizona State
    Feb. 2 - Arizona State

    This concludes the non-conference schedule for RIT. Atlantic Hockey has not released the official league schedule to fill in the other dates.

    As Russell mentioned, there will be reciprocal trips concerning UMass Lowell, Colgate, and Arizona State during the 2019-2020 season.
    Thanks - I somehow missed the UML release - I follow FlagDUDE08's thread/spreadsheet also. For some shameless self-promotion, I also have been keeping my own AHC composite spreadhseet since the 2008-2009 season - I color it based on game results as the season progresses. Link is: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp (also in my signature)
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    We should be seeing a schedule fairly soon...

    Previous schedule releases:
    June 14 2017 (Wednesday)
    June 14 2016 (Tuesday)
    June 23 2015 (Tuesday)
    May 29 2014 (Thursday)
    June 10 2013 (Monday)
    May 22 2012 (Tuesday)
    June 20 2011 (Monday)
    June 12 2010 (Monday)
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,300

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    We should be seeing a schedule fairly soon...
    Should have just waited about 30 minutes more...we have an official schedule!

    http://ritathletics.com/news/2018/6/...-schedule.aspx

    Interesting to see some 5:05pm starts on Saturdays...
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Interesting to see some 5:05pm starts on Saturdays...
    More post-game drinking time!
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •