Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!

Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    I don't think RIT was completely rebuilding, as many of the top players from last year are still on the team. The biggest question going in, and still seems to be, goaltending. Hopefully, Drackett is going to continue to take the job over.
    Depends on perspective. They're re-building to what they had prior to last season from last season's disappointing finish, not so much re-building to what they had last season. Yes, much of last season's leadership is still here (aside from Rotolo), but that group proved it needed more to get back to the top of the heap.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

We'll be revealing new black jerseys on Friday...hopefully they have more luck in them than our home whites have the past few years

https://twitter.com/RITMHKY/status/924661057905455104
    RIT Tigers
    2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
    2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

New York Maritime '85
    /Earth/North America/USA/New York/West Point/Tate Rink
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Depends on perspective. They're re-building to what they had prior to last season from last season's disappointing finish, not so much re-building to what they had last season. Yes, much of last season's leadership is still here (aside from Rotolo), but that group proved it needed more to get back to the top of the heap.
    Agree with this. I like how coach mixed the lines this weekend. Also like how Valenzuela seemed to have a more prominent role in the offense. Iíve always looked at him as being a Mitchell feeding a Garbowsky and Gabe has done that well feeding Kerins. Gabe was out there Saturday night without Liam and he seemed to be a little more O minded. Letís not forget the contributions Willet made as well, especially on that second goal on Saturday night. He sees the ice very well as another mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    I don't know who's calling the play-by-play in this video, but he's fantastic, especially on Abt's second goal: "Oh my god they killed Kenny! Abt with his second of the period!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Eqd1y_kw

Powers &8^]
    Nikolai Busko. I watch a few extra Army games a year because of him.

New York Maritime '85
    Quote Originally Posted by Leather Lungs View Post
    If you watch this weeks NCAA top five plays you will hear Nikolai on play #5, Army's Michael Wilson scoring their second goal of the first period last Friday Night after skating through the RIT defense. Don't have the link but over on the RPI thread Ralph posted the link as RPI had a top five play too.

WITR "Plan Z" Color Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Leather Lungs View Post
    I was near him when he called the Army/Air Force Semi-Final at blue cross. My ears were ringing after the game, and it was an empty arena...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Patron Saint of Defunct Teams

Is the Time Warner station missing from Rochester's lineup? It's gone from the Albany lineup. No more Niagara or RIT games for us here.

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CornwallAce View Post
    Is the Time Warner station missing from Rochester's lineup? It's gone from the Albany lineup. No more Niagara or RIT games for us here.
    Time Warner is gone, but you can stream it online for free here: https://www.rit.edu/sportszone/

You need to catch up reading this thread....

Crazy season this is

Rochester has them on their CW16 station. The Friday game was advertised on TV during the World Series.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Quote Originally Posted by komey1 View Post
    Rochester has them on their CW16 station. The Friday game was advertised on TV during the World Series.
    My guide has them showing the game at 10PM tonight for some reason with reruns of Family Feud and then Jane the Virgin on at 9. Which isn't a huge deal (I don't get home from work til 11:30 anyway, and it's hardly difficult to avoid spoilers), but seems....odd nonetheless.

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    My guide has them showing the game at 10PM tonight for some reason with reruns of Family Feud and then Jane the Virgin on at 9. Which isn't a huge deal (I don't get home from work til 11:30 anyway, and it's hardly difficult to avoid spoilers), but seems....odd nonetheless.
    Well I'll be ****ed. Tape delay! I knew this would be a problem.

This isn't really acceptable. I realize RIT might not have had many options since Spectrum screwed them over, but tape delay to 10pm is just silly. Now I have to set up streaming somehow?

Powers &8^]

Well I'll be ****ed. Tape delay! I knew this would be a problem.

This isn't really acceptable. I realize RIT might not have had many options since Spectrum screwed them over, but tape delay to 10pm is just silly. Now I have to set up streaming somehow?

Powers &8^]
    It's a free stream at ritsz.com...
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01
    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Quality of the video is pretty good, too. Although I could not get it to work through a gaming system (PS4 and PS3)... had to watch on my computer monitor.

However, I have since invested in a Display output to HDMI cable so I can now plug-in to the big TV.

Cheers!!!
    ~TTF

Me thinks Drackett plays too far out from the pipes. Glad they won but lucky they didn't end up in a tie

New York Maritime '85

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Me thinks Drackett plays too far out from the pipes. Glad they won but lucky they didn't end up in a tie
    Plays with a lot of energy, maybe trying to do too much in front of the hometown fans, made some big stops towards the end though, glad they sucked it up and got the win, giving up late goals at the end of periods will make any coach go gray fast, let's not let that become our Achille's heel. Still have nightmares from last season.... AIC will want points tomorrow so hope we can play 60 minutes of hockey tomorrow.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Crazy season this is

Their backup/second goaltender really kept AIC in it after he came in. The concern I have was that the third period was mostly all AIC. Luckily Dracett shook off the 3rd goal to make enough saves to get the win. Hopefully the team will realize you need to play a full game against the Jackets and do so tomorrow.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet

Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Yes indeed, but my "Smart" TV couldn't do it. Not sure what the problem was; the video player came up but no content showed. It's just not the same on a 24-inch monitor compared to a 60-inch TV.

Powers &8^]

Yes indeed, but my "Smart" TV couldn't do it. Not sure what the problem was; the video player came up but no content showed. It's just not the same on a 24-inch monitor compared to a 60-inch TV.
    Powers &8^]
    Watched on my very smart TVs browser, worked well

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    I don't really have a problem with that, as he tracks the puck well and he's generally on the angle. He made a rookie mistake on the 2nd goal when he bit on the cross-crease fake when he had a defender there to take that away - which opened up the near post - but largely I don't have a problem with his positioning.

Where he needs to improve is that he seems to fight the puck. At it's best it looks like attacking the puck and that the puck never ends up in a dangerous area, but when he's not playing well it manifests in pucks bouncing off his chest into the slot or at it's worst stabbing at a puck going high and deflecting it into the net, like we saw against RPI. And a lot of this is stuff that very well could get better just from experience. You'd think he's still feeling nerves playing his first few D-1 hockey games. I could certainly see fighting off pucks that are coming into your chest and biting on an early deke as symptoms of that. He really does seem to track the puck and read the play when the other team is established in our zone very well.

And RIT needs to give a set amount of free tickets to students like tonight all the time. It creates such a great atmosphere which in turn will draw more people from the community. 3,500 for AIC (1,000 were free student tickets) is a great crowd.

Thread Information