Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Brown, Brubacher, Insalaco represent RIT at NHL development camps: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...ent-camps.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Because you and Russell are big drinkers apparently! 😁

What Ed said!
      Ok, who is giving away our secrets?

Oh yeah the 25th is Christmas Not Thanksgiving. I'm off, I promise I'll get it together before the season starts...

I like the idea of 5pm games as a father and may use them to take my daughters to more games. It does help me having an hour drive home after the game (one of these days I need to compare driving mileage to the radio guys). Not sure if the two hours will have that big effect on the average fan.

Did someone say they have beer here?
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Maybe they didn't want to conflict with Nazareth?
        Well the hot ticket in town is always Manhattanville Vs. Brockport... I'll buy a beer to anyone who gets the WITR reference...

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

So it looks like we might get to see Mario Lemieux's son when Arizona State comes to town in February:

https://triblive.com/sports/penguins...-son-its-great

Comment

• 2018-2019 Tickets

2018/2019 Ticket Sales Announcement

Some key dates:
            • Current Season Ticket Holders can renew their seats Monday, July 9
            • Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Students can purchase new Season Tickets July 23
            • Season Ticket Packages go on-sale to the general public on July 27
            • Single Game, Group Tickets, and Flex Packs can be purchased starting August 6

Also, in honor of RIT's 50th anniversary of moving to the Henrietta campus, all Student season tickets will be $50, and five designated games having free admission for RIT students.

Many additional details in the news released linked-above.

Cheers!!!
            ~TTF
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Big AHA News...

Les Lancaster is leaving Erie for Denver next year. Reports are that he will be able to play next year, have no idea how and no reason has been giving yet... Shocking

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...070218aaa.html

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                Big AHA News...

Les Lancaster is leaving Erie for Denver next year. Reports are that he will be able to play next year, have no idea how and no reason has been giving yet... Shocking

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...070218aaa.html
                He can play next year because he's a graduate transfer.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Yep I forgot about that rule, interesting how it helped Canisius and hurts Mercyhurst.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule

Comment

Not directly related to the men's program, but interesting nonetheless - Scott MacDonald has "stepped down" as the women's hockey coach: http://ritathletics.com/news/2018/7/...key-coach.aspx
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      Not directly related to the men's program, but interesting nonetheless - Scott MacDonald has "stepped down" as the women's hockey coach: http://ritathletics.com/news/2018/7/...key-coach.aspx
                      Sad to see Scott go. I wonder why now? Was he being treated fairly? Saw the deficits of the program as un avoidable? Is something coming soon that we do not know about? The same would be for the men's side as well. Curious!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

An interesting read on WITR's (and USCHO's) Ed Trefzger, how he got started with WITR, and his other professional life: http://pucksandrecreation.com/ed-tre...c-sports-news/
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
                          Sad to see Scott go. I wonder why now? Was he being treated fairly? Saw the deficits of the program as un avoidable? Is something coming soon that we do not know about? The same would be for the men's side as well. Curious!!!!!!!!!!
                          I'm sure that nothing will ever come out publicly about it, but it sure feels like a quick and muted send off for a guy who won you a national title and was the first ever endowed coach.
                          RIT

Comment

I'm sure that nothing will ever come out publicly about it, but it sure feels like a quick and muted send off for a guy who won you a national title and was the first ever endowed coach.
                            The timing is weird, too, since we're not that far away from the new season. It sounds like it wasn't totally amicable, though not completely contentious either.

Powers &8^]

Comment

NCAA has approved new methods of ending overtime for hockey. I want to believe Atlantic Hockey will implement one of these options, but my cold cynical heart expects them to do nothing and continue forth with ties.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ocols-approved
                              RIT

Comment

NCAA has approved new methods of ending overtime for hockey. I want to believe Atlantic Hockey will implement one of these options, but my cold cynical heart expects them to do nothing and continue forth with ties.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ocols-approved
                                See, I'm hoping Atlantic Hockey sticks with ties. I don't mind games ending in ties at all. In fact, I despise the shootout for determining a "winner." - I don't understand why after playing 65 minutes of a team sport, the game gets decided in a 1 on 1 skills contest.
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X