St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Done, as per your request. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
      I just deleted my post, as it was written in a fit of frustration and also was unfair to Greg. I had hoped to delete it before it was quoted, but you beat me to the punch. While it's your call, I'd nonetheless appreciate it, Drewcu, if you would delete your response that includes my post. BTW, CCT is looking very good this season. Good luck except when you play us. Also, I miss the Roundtable Chat Room. I had fun in there with the usual CCT guys, several of whom I've met.
      Brian I don't think a whole lot of people saw it .......but I found out the hard way that something that was on our other Facebook thread for only 10 minutes, wound up causing some grief for someone (IMO) not deserving of it. I'm told there are spies and moles out there who screenshot our comments (if they are at all negative) and pass them on to you know who. Some of those who do it think themselves the "most loyal of fans".......but, in the end they are actually helping the cause because it did in fact bring things to a head. I don't think anyone at the University AD or Admin level has the stomach to do what's required (as it will tarnish our program and reputation, but we'll see if someone has the courage to step up.)

And Scott.......I do think everything is pretty much out there now. And, unfortunately it is already detrimental to the program in several areas. But isn't/hasn't that been the main gripe or complaint all along??? That all the good intent, character and caring for the student athletes first......... was and is what SLU was all about and no longer is? Regardless of outcome.......it's all out there, it will hurt recruiting (already has) and, I hope we can recover from it. And for those who were against or questioned the hiring in the first place.....isn't this issue what was at the core of all the discontent from the very beginning? If it plays out and proves any of those allegations are true.......then all that disagreement at the start will have been justified a thousand times over.
      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        And Scott.......I do think everything is pretty much out there now. And, unfortunately it is already detrimental to the program in several areas. But isn't/hasn't that been the main gripe or complaint all along??? That all the good intent, character and caring for the student athletes first......... was and is what SLU was all about and no longer is? Regardless of outcome.......it's all out there, it will hurt recruiting (already has) and, I hope we can recover from it. And for those who were against or questioned the hiring in the first place.....isn't this issue what was at the core of all the discontent from the very beginning? If it plays out and proves any of those allegations are true.......then all that disagreement at the start will have been justified a thousand times over.
        Yes, this is exactly what my main complaint (I do have a few others as well) about the situation has been the whole time. Not as much about what the allegations are and/or whether they are true or not. That is not for me or anyone else in a public forum to determine. My problem was and is still that all of this being posted online is harming the program. We now all know that it is. I never understood and still don't understand the point of doing what some people are choosing to do. They want to get Coach Morris out of there, I get that part, but how about not taking the entire program down with him? It's already done enough damage and I too hope we can recover from it.
        Last edited by Saints#1; 11-26-2017, 04:25 PM.
        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
          Done, as per your request. Hang in there.
          Thanks, Drew. I owe you one. I really miss joining you and the others in the Clarkson Chat Room during games. We get to bust on each other (although I'm totally on my own, the CR loves to temporarily kick me out at least 10-15X per game (are SLU fans censored in there? LOL), and you CCT fans would be having a "field day" with me this season), but it's would have all been in good fun. Are there any plans that you know of for Scott or a designee(s) to get the CR back up and running this season? I hope so.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Brian I don't think a whole lot of people saw it .......but I found out the hard way that something that was on our other Facebook thread for only 10 minutes, wound up causing some grief for someone (IMO) not deserving of it. I'm told there are spies and moles out there who screenshot our comments (if they are at all negative) and pass them on to you know who. Some of those who do it think themselves the "most loyal of fans".......but, in the end they are actually helping the cause because it did in fact bring things to a head. I don't think anyone at the University AD or Admin level has the stomach to do what's required (as it will tarnish our program and reputation, but we'll see if someone has the courage to step up.)

Mike, I had written a similar post for FB that I wrote here but then deleted on FB by asking John M. to not publish it (and I also deleted here on USCHO). Although very unlikely, perhaps the post you are referring to was mine which, again, I asked to be withdrawn and was not censored (not published) based on a decision by the "SLU FB Admin."
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

So, some people are very paranoid if there are indeed spies and moles out there monitoring social media. Said people should be far more concerned with finding ways to fix this instead of (IT APPEARS) covering their butts:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

CCT is tied for 1st and we are dead last at #60. How the mighty have fallen!
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Thanks, Drew. I owe you one. I really miss joining you and the others in the Clarkson Chat Room during games. We get to bust on each other (although I'm totally on my own, the CR loves to temporarily kick me out at least 10-15X per game (are SLU fans censored in there? LOL), and you CCT fans would be having a "field day" with me this season), but it's would have all been in good fun. Are there any plans that you know of for Scott or a designee(s) to get the CR back up and running this season? I hope so.
                Sent an email to Scott asking if he has any plans to resurrect the chat room. Stay tuned and to the SLU faithful, hang in there.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Hey Muskie, no worries at all , being a gentleman is above all. SLU is a rival, but I want you guys at your best (a little below Tech, of course) and wish you guys a quick recovery. I would find it hard to believe that anyone at Clarkson is happy with your struggles.

PS
                  beer is good......payable at the Hoot one day.

Comment

Hey Muskie, no worries at all , being a gentleman is above all. SLU is a rival, but I want you guys at your best (a little below Tech, of course) and wish you guys a quick recovery. I would find it hard to believe that anyone at Clarkson is happy with your struggles.

PS
                    beer is good......payable at the Hoot one day.
                    At 1-12-1, beer is extra good. I'll be there.
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

KHL Red Star fired Mike Keenan ....can a triumphant Canton return be far off? Let the rumors swirl! 😜
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        KHL Red Star fired Mike Keenan ....can a triumphant Canton return be far off? Let the rumors swirl! 😜
                        He's staying with the organization though, I believe as a higher up ops role.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          From the sounds of it...........I don't think it would provide much of a change. Two coaches (current one Morris) and Keenan both old school and of the same "beloved by all their players" school. As Brandon pointed out "Iron Mike" is staying put for the time being, but, you've got to think he'll want to be back in the states soon. From everything I've read.......living over there and not speaking the language are very difficult things.
                          SLU

Comment

@LeifSkodnick

BREAKING: St. Lawrence University has hired Bond, Schoneck, and King to review allegations of violations of NCAA rules and university policies by the men’s hockey program, citing need for fairness in hiring outside firm to investigate. #CawlidgeHawkey
                            @LeifSkodnick

2/ the allegations prompting the investigation were circulated via social media and message boards, and were communicated to the university admin. via email as well, per the memo sent to the SLU community announcing the investigation.

https://twitter.com/LeifSkodnick/sta...97117197258754
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              Sent an email to Scott asking if he has any plans to resurrect the chat room. Stay tuned and to the SLU faithful, hang in there.
                              The CHAT ROOM is BACK !!

Comment

The CHAT ROOM is BACK !!
                                huzzah!!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X