Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Originally posted by recruited View Post
    The damage will be felt for years. Good luck trying to get high-end recruits to come to SLU.
    You are over-estimating both memories and ethics. Unless another shoe drops, SLU is one Lake Placid appearance from putting this all behind them.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I sure as heck wouldn't want to see the Saints coming into my barn for a first round series.
      Every 3-5 years there's a team with a deceptively poor record because of a spate of early injuries or extreme youth that takes a while to come together or team-wide food poisoning at the Canton Pizza Hut. SLU gives every indication of being such a team. I want no part of them.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        I wouldn't say "crickets" so fast.
        I think although disappointing that the "investigation" didn't reveal anything the University was willing to take action on.........I think the issue is far from done. Some people cover their tracks better than others. I'm not sure who the investigators talked to or if as alleged by some, there was a conflict of interest. You can chalk it up to whatever you want.....players being soft or mamby pamby, but: some players do the talking and walking with their feet. Two of them did in Hayton and Benny Fink. They were arguably two of the most talented players on the roster and they got out of dodge.
        I think several others are in a pickle. They have scholarships and that's tough to walk away from....particularly if you are injured and because of it have no options on the table. I would not be surprised if we don't see more players depart.
        Something up there is fundamentally wrong. Maybe the investigation didn't reveal it, but the record of the team sure says something....and marquee players leaving says something.
        It is likely to be crickets on this website as precious few follow or post on USCHO anymore..........all of the SLU action is on the Fan Page on Facebook. Over there it is crickets from the dissenting crowd (myself included) as I'm not sure what to say at this point.
        I've always enjoyed watching the SLU programs over the years, hardly ever a down year with exciting players and style spanning a long period of time. And I've always enjoyed reading the SLU posts. I'm perplexed by the conviction and tactics (leaving USCHO) of the SLU fanbase here prior to, and now after the investigation. I'm no fan of Mark Morris, but he's the easiest mark in college hockey. SLU isn't the only program in the ECAC to have their top talent leave, inexplicably. I'm surprised your fanbase has taken a "foil hat" approach to rationalizing what is going on there. Good luck.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by recruited View Post
          Damage is done. What recruits will come? The coach has been cleared, but the investigation still happened. What do the coaches say to potential recruits? 2 players have left and more are expected to leave. The damage will be felt for years. Good luck trying to get high-end recruits to come to SLU.
          I'm pretty sure SLU has 10 or more recruits coming in next year.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I'm pretty sure SLU has 10 or more recruits coming in next year.
            Until they sign the LOI, they're still fair game for anyone.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

...I think although disappointing that the "investigation" didn't reveal anything the University was willing to take action on...I'm not sure who the investigators talked to or if as alleged by some, there was a conflict of interest...Something up there is fundamentally wrong...
              ...I know what I presented and frankly I'm shocked that it wasn't corroborated enough to arrive at a different conclusion...
              OK, I don't have a dog in this fight but quotes like these strike me as arrogant pretention. Presumably, SLU spent some six-figure sum to have a credible independent law firm investigate the allegations and that investigation came up with one very minor violation. Time for some people to get over themselves.

SLU may well lose some recruits in the short term but you can be sure they'll be replaced by others who'll be only too happy to play for this coaching staff.
              Last edited by Split-N; 02-09-2018, 02:11 PM.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                OK, I don't have a dog in this fight but quotes like these strike me as arrogant pretention. Presumably, SLU spent some six-figure sum to have a credible independent law firm investigate the allegations and that investigation came up with one very minor violation. Time for some people to get over themselves.
                Credible yes.......but as others have pointed out elsewhere, it was SLU's own law firm. Yes they are one of the best and have an arm in Kansas City that does the investigation. Having been involved....my opinion was the investigation was more about covering the University's Liability in this whole thing instead of focusing on what the cause of it was and still is. Arrogant pretention? Think what you want but I know what I know. And having first hand knowledge..........the only conclusion I can draw is that the "report" (which we'll never get to read) was more about hiding/covering and preparing the University for any upcoming bad press and law suits that very well could (and I emphasize the could part) follow.

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                I've always enjoyed watching the SLU programs over the years, hardly ever a down year with exciting players and style spanning a long period of time. And I've always enjoyed reading the SLU posts. I'm perplexed by the conviction and tactics (leaving USCHO) of the SLU fanbase here prior to, and now after the investigation. I'm no fan of Mark Morris, but he's the easiest mark in college hockey. SLU isn't the only program in the ECAC to have their top talent leave, inexplicably. I'm surprised your fanbase has taken a "foil hat" approach to rationalizing what is going on there. Good luck.
                We (SLU) never had a ton of posters here.....a couple of diehards who many of you know, left and stopped posting here (and never went to Facebook) just because of the hiring of Morris and their dissatisfaction with the hire, the process, etc. They also stopped following SLU hockey period.
                The Facebook group just mushroomed......far more "casual" fans and a lot of locals, alumni, etc.
                SLU

Comment

Credible yes.......but as others have pointed out elsewhere, it was SLU's own law firm. Yes they are one of the best and have an arm in Kansas City that does the investigation. Having been involved....my opinion was the investigation was more about covering the University's Liability in this whole thing instead of focusing on what the cause of it was and still is. Arrogant pretention? Think what you want but I know what I know. And having first hand knowledge..........the only conclusion I can draw is that the "report" (which we'll never get to read) was more about hiding/covering and preparing the University for any upcoming bad press and law suits that very well could (and I emphasize the could part) follow.

We (SLU) never had a ton of posters here.....a couple of diehards who many of you know, left and stopped posting here (and never went to Facebook) just because of the hiring of Morris and their dissatisfaction with the hire, the process, etc. They also stopped following SLU hockey period.
                  The Facebook group just mushroomed......far more "casual" fans and a lot of locals, alumni, etc.
                  I appreciate and thank you for your participation in the investigation. But, perhaps, for some reason, your first hand knowledge couldn't be corroborated by the investigators. And, there is another conclusion that can be drawn about the report-that it is based upon an objective and thorough investigation and draws accurate and reasonable conclusions.

I would like to read the report, and I don't really understand why it's not being released. But I don't conclude that the fact it's confidential means it's a coverup.

Comment

I agree. Investigations by law firms hired by the institution being investigated almost always have, as their primary motivation, limiting liability to the institution. I've been following the University of Rochester sexual harassment case. Clearly there the hired law firm's report was to limit the U of R's liability, even though its release forced the President to resign.
                    . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: St. Lawrence Saints

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...saints_22.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Quinnipiac inches closer to home playoff series with 3-2 win over St. Lawrence

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...r-to-home.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

3rd SLU team ever to finish in the basement, first since '79-'80.

Looks like a trip to NH next weekend.

Comment

Well the worst season in my lifetime (38 years old) has officially come to the end and I feel bad for the seniors having their careers end like that. Saw enough home games to never doubt the effort from this group all year long, they left it all on the ice night in and night out. Just came down to the fact that we didn't have the horses and talent to get it done this year. Hopefully the off-season is spent getting bigger, faster and with the addition of newcomers we can start winning some of the 1 goal games and start seeing some positive results in the Coach Morris rebuild. Best of luck to the seniors and Go Saints!
                            Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                              Well the worst season in my lifetime (38 years old) has officially come to the end and I feel bad for the seniors having their careers end like that. Saw enough home games to never doubt the effort from this group all year long, they left it all on the ice night in and night out. Just came down to the fact that we didn't have the horses and talent to get it done this year. Hopefully the off-season is spent getting bigger, faster and with the addition of newcomers we can start winning some of the 1 goal games and start seeing some positive results in the Coach Morris rebuild. Best of luck to the seniors and Go Saints!
                              You are absolutely correct in that the effort and drive was there! IMHO, you were short on talent in both D and O zones. You lacked the impact play-maker players although Marnell was very good. Good Luck moving forward.

Comment

Submitted without comment.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X