• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Pretty sad !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Morris has always been a hard coach to play for and he is not looking to be your friend, it used to work back when he was at Clarkson, now it does not. As a Clarkson fan I'm obviously loving our best start in 20+ years but at the same time I always love to see the two NC teams do well and potentially create a Lake Placid showdown which would really bring back some good memories.

I was always in the boat who thought Carvel was not only one of the best coaches in the ECAC but the NCAA, he is personable, he's youthful and energetic, he has shown he can develop pro and college talent, he understands the recruiting game as he built a top notch staff that produced extremely talented recruits to consider SLU over the nations elite programs, he seemed to be great with the community and the fan base.

Just to compare, Morris obviously had a proven track record of being hard-nosed, he's changed to an extent but he will never be a players best friend or anything like that, player development has always been his strong suit but currently with the injuries there's not much talent left although full strength I still saw SLU finishing anywhere from 4-6 so I don't think the seasons done, you just aren't going to win D1 hockey games with 8-9-10 forwards, he's also nearing the end of his coaching career and is getting up there in age, he brought in a solid coach with him who's a good recruiter but you have to show the recruits something in order for them to be interested and if the on ice product isn't there (just like Clarkson for years) then it's a tough sell to get them to come to the NC. It seemed like a fine hire at the time and over time I do believe he could right the ship within a 2-3 year period but these are serious problems that are being thrown out there and I don't think he deserves the time, if they are proven true of course.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUfan442 View Post
        The Alumni need to really step up now, and pressure the school to get Morris and the AD, who hired Morris, removed. The school needs to investigate these accusations, in a unbiased and comprehensive manner, because I’ve heard from several parents that Morris is extremely abusive to his players. I also know for a fact, this is the only reason Hayton left. The players, the coaches and all the parents know this. It’s absolutely not the way our hockey program should be run. Everything Coach Carvel was building has now gone down the toilet, and your left with a total train wreck. Winning 5 games this year, at this point, will be a real achievement ! Two summers ago this program was at a crossroads between taking this thing to another level, or falling into mediocrity. It’s pretty obvious what direction the athletic department decided to go with it. With every action there needs to be consequences, and the people responsible for this need to answer for the extremely poor decisions they’ve made, without the school covering for them any longer.
        Wow. There are a number of completely unsubstantiated accusations in this post.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
        7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
          That seems to be going around these past few days. The same people who were completely against Morris being hired in the first place are the exact same people who are now out to get him it appears. When others have asked for them to provide facts to their claims they state that they can't. Well, that makes these claims unsubstantiated as you mentioned because they cannot be backed by anything factual and if they could be then they would be shared to back up their claims. It's obvious what the goal is here, anyone can see it from a mile away.
          Last edited by Saints#1; 11-19-2017, 05:05 PM.
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I can absolutely assure you on my honor, none of these accusations are unsubstantiated in the slightest. There's actually a whole lot more than this. When the time is right, the people in the know here will be going public with this. If you really think I'm going to waste my time posting a load of BS on this thread, your quite mistaken, I've got a whole lot better things to do than spread a bunch of rumors and lies on a hockey website. I care for the program and the players greatly, that's all. All will be coming out soon enough and people will be horrified to hear the truth, as to what has actually transpired, I promise.

Comment

Why wait ?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                That seems to be going around these past few days. The same people who were completely against Morris being hired in the first place are the exact same people who are now out to get him it appears. When others have asked for them to provide facts to their claims they state that they can't. Well, that makes these claims unsubstantiated as you mentioned because they cannot be backed by anything factual and if they could be then they would be shared to back up their claims. It's obvious what the goal is here, anyone can see it from a mile away.
                Saints#1..........You could not be more wrong. If you can't read between the lines I'll spell it out for you as best I can. The people in the know (and with the first hand facts) cannot state them to PROTECT THE PLAYERS and their FAMILIES. It's just like if you had a kid in H.S. and you went to the Principal and complained about a teacher your son or daughter has. The principal talks to the teacher and the teacher then takes it out on your kid. Get it??????

Originally posted by SLUfan442 View Post
                I can absolutely assure you on my honor, none of these accusations are unsubstantiated in the slightest. There's actually a whole lot more than this. When the time is right, the people in the know here will be going public with this. If you really think I'm going to waste my time posting a load of BS on this thread, your quite mistaken, I've got a whole lot better things to do than spread a bunch of rumors and lies on a hockey website. I care for the program and the players greatly, that's all. All will be coming out soon enough and people will be horrified to hear the truth, as to what has actually transpired, I promise.
                This quote is spot on!!!!!!
                SLU

Comment

Ok, I can accept that. I was thinking that all these grumblings were coming from a parent who's son wasn't getting enough ice time. I've seen that happen in the past many times.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Ok, I can accept that. I was thinking that all these grumblings were coming from a parent who's son wasn't getting enough ice time. I've seen that happen in the past many times.
                    Shoot, they're all getting ALL the ice time they want, and then back out for a double shift.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      Saints#1..........You could not be more wrong. If you can't read between the lines I'll spell it out for you as best I can. The people in the know (and with the first hand facts) cannot state them to PROTECT THE PLAYERS and their FAMILIES. It's just like if you had a kid in H.S. and you went to the Principal and complained about a teacher your son or daughter has. The principal talks to the teacher and the teacher then takes it out on your kid. Get it??????
                      So, let me get this straight here, this has been going around for awhile now and there are several people spreading it around to those that they know will receive it well (those that were against Morris from the beginning) and yet when those that want the information out in the public we get that they "cannot state them to protect the players and their families". Ohhh, how convenient, they suddenly can't spread it NOW, but it was okay getting spread from ear to ear to ear before then? Come on now Michael, you're argument of it not being allowed to be released would be valid if it wasn't already being spread around. It's also not just being spread around to people who are "in the know" either. I know several people who now know what these supposed first hand accounts are and they weren't privy to it before hand.
                      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

St. Lawrence commit Moe Acee mentioned in article on top 15 incoming prep defensemen:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...leIdCMS1829576
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Mark Raymond was named NESCAC football COTY.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                            So, let me get this straight here, this has been going around for awhile now and there are several people spreading it around to those that they know will receive it well (those that were against Morris from the beginning) and yet when those that want the information out in the public we get that they "cannot state them to protect the players and their families". Ohhh, how convenient, they suddenly can't spread it NOW, but it was okay getting spread from ear to ear to ear before then? Come on now Michael, you're argument of it not being allowed to be released would be valid if it wasn't already being spread around. It's also not just being spread around to people who are "in the know" either. I know several people who now know what these supposed first hand accounts are and they weren't privy to it before hand.
                            What you don't get Scott is that Morris is abusive and threatens his players and their families. There is retribution when players families "like" things on FB. If the players knew they could get Morris (and Durocher) fired by stepping up to the microphone, it would have happened months ago. They can't. But it is going to come to a head because it is intolerable. And when it does, I hope you will admit that you are wrong and shut up once and for all. The people defending Morris are basically attacking the players. Seriously, why do you think Kyle Hayton left?? There are all sorts of clues right in front of you. Pay attention to who has 'liked' Bruce Carlisle's recent posts. If you can't piece it together based on those clues, and you don't want an outcome that benefits our players who are utterly miserable, you are no fan. Plain and simple.
                            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

They are not unsubstantiated. They are very well substantiated, in fact. The problem is figuring out how to use them to achieve the NECESSARY outcome. The school is already open to huge liability. IF they don't act, it is going to be much, much worse. He didn't wait. Some of the most major abuses go back to November 2016. It's appalling and disgusting and anyone that allowed it to happen should be relieved of their positions of responsibility at SLU.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu
                                I really do feel your pain, I never understood the hiring of Morris, he has not in touch with the college game or recruiting. Morris time has passed him by......and with all the good young coaches out there, you guys go with Morris?....it looked like SLU admin tried to stick it to Clarkson......I really hope that wasn't the case.......... cause the hiring made no sense to me.
                                I just deleted my post, as it was written in a fit of frustration and also was unfair to Greg. I had hoped to delete it before it was quoted, but you beat me to the punch. While it's your call, I'd nonetheless appreciate it, Drewcu, if you would delete your response that includes my post. BTW, CCT is looking very good this season. Good luck except when you play us. Also, I miss the Roundtable Chat Room. I had fun in there with the usual CCT guys, several of whom I've met.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X