• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Frank Cole is his campaign manager.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Thanks 30 years later and I just punched a hole in the wall! That dirtbag shouldn't be allowed to run for town dog catcher.
      Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
        Thanks 30 years later and I just punched a hole in the wall! That dirtbag shouldn't be allowed to run for town dog catcher.
        The ref? I agree.

I totally get the Saint anger, but the premise is Stauber was cheating? How? If you tackle a guy on a breakaway is it cheating? The rules say it's equivalent and anybody can toss the net any time in exchange for a penalty shot, or at the least, a 2 minute minor. While I suppose the honorable thing would have been for the Lakers to call a time out and argue for a penalty on themselves, it's pretty much on the refs to do that job. Refs probably shouldn't run for office.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Today’s elite prospects page is showing both Corriveau & Pritchard have left the program. Was this expected?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Today’s elite prospects page is showing both Corriveau & Pritchard have left the program. Was this expected?
            I'll put it this way... I'm not shocked, and not really surprised.

I'm also not sure the exodus is finished.

Without knowing the schedule next season, I've got to think it will be a struggle to get to this past years 7 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              This was expected for awhile now. No big shock there. They didn't see eye to eye with the Coach, which is to be expected considering they were both Coach Carvel recruits and the two have completely different coaching styles.
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                I'll put it this way... I'm not shocked, and not really surprised.

I'm also not sure the exodus is finished.

Without knowing the schedule next season, I've got to think it will be a struggle to get to this past years 7 wins.
                We had 8 wins this past seasons ... Geez, it was a bad enough year without you taking wins away from us!

Also, I expect next year to be vastly improved. We have a fairly good recruiting class coming in and this past years recruiting class was good as well. One more year of experience will start to show next season. I fully expect to see vast improvements in all areas of the team ... Or at least that's what we should start to see.
                St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                  We had 8 wins this past seasons ... Geez, it was a bad enough year without you taking wins away from us!

Also, I expect next year to be vastly improved. We have a fairly good recruiting class coming in and this past years recruiting class was good as well. One more year of experience will start to show next season. I fully expect to see vast improvements in all areas of the team ... Or at least that's what we should start to see.
                  If I felt they would struggle to get to 7, 8 just gives me more leeway

I just don't see it, again, depending on NC schedule. I know it won't be as much of a firewalk as last year, atleast it shouldn't be, but I still see too much youth and not enough scoring talent/depth to overcome a very young and unproven defensive corps.

There will be just 7 upperclassmen, and that includes Gilmour, who will be classified a JR, despite just entering his 4th semester. And 2 of those are goaltenders.

Best I can tell, given the lack of concrete recruiting info available, there will be 8 skaters coming to replace 7 impact players (5 graduating, 2 departing). I wasn't a math major, but logic says that doesn't end up a net positive.

Comment

Per twitter Jeff Cox is now reporting Gavin Pritchard is using the GRAD Transfer rule.

I for one was thinking people were making something out of nothing. However i have to ask when is enough enough?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                      Per twitter Jeff Cox is now reporting Gavin Pritchard is using the GRAD Transfer rule.

I for one was thinking people were making something out of nothing. However i have to ask when is enough enough?
                      Seems to be the new hotness, given another ECAC school is seeing another player moving on this way.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Seems to be the new hotness, given another ECAC school is seeing another player moving on this way.
                        Hotness? hmmm not sure I follow your wording.

Comment

Meanwhile, up the road a piece....

@ClarksonHockey1: Best wishes to Phil Roy @knightscoach44 in your future endeavors. You have left our program in a great place!
                          https://bit.ly/2LOiDUK
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

@ClarksonHockey1: Best wishes to Phil Roy @knightscoach44 in your future endeavors. You have left our program in a great place!
                            its being reported by a CHN journalist visa issues. Must be part of "make america great again" and the tariffs on Canadian goods

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Comment

https://www.stlawu.edu/news/st-lawre...vation-forward

Long overdue complete overhaul of Appleton gets green lighted. Sounds and looks great, very happy they are finally doing a major complete renovation instead of all the small piece by piece jobs they have been doing over the past 30 years.
                                Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X