St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Morris getting the Schiano treatment. Only thing left to mirror the Tennessee cluster ---- is to hire Marsh to handpick the next victim errr coach.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Are these "allegations" under Morris or under Carvel?
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
      7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        Mark. Though I wonder if SLU had 10 wins right now and Kyle Hayton, the critics would be silent.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

From the outside looking in, it does not look good, no matter who is involved. Odd that they would cite social media as a reason for an investigation though. E-Mails I could see being used as evidence. Hopefully for the program it is something to do with recruiting, rather than an investigation of the current coaching situation. Lord knows the program has taken enough hits as it is.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            From the outside looking in, it does not look good, no matter who is involved. Odd that they would cite social media as a reason for an investigation though. E-Mails I could see being used as evidence. Hopefully for the program it is something to do with recruiting, rather than an investigation of the current coaching situation. Lord knows the program has taken enough hits as it is.
            It isn't alleged recruiting violations. CHN has an article that lays it out for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              It isn't alleged recruiting violations. CHN has an article that lays it out for the most part.
              Just read it, too bad. good luck with all of this.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Adam's article: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...es-Firm-to.php

According to CHN sources, the potential NCAA violations are based upon charges that Morris ran practices and video sessions longer than proscribed NCAA-allowed times and more than the allowed days per week. The perhaps more explosive allegations revolve around threats towards players, verbal and mental abuse, and forcing players to play with injury.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Mark. Though I wonder if SLU had 10 wins right now and Kyle Hayton, the critics would be silent.
                  For the sake of this venerable program, I hope this is nothing more than a case of "oh...that mean coach yelled at me."
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The Snowflakes have commenced the excorcism. They never wanted Morris, never intended to support him.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

UMICH. is probably thinking of some way to let SLU recruit, Martin Pospisil, they’re thinking of him. Just out of concern for the young man, ya know.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Just read it, too bad. good luck with all of this.
                        We all in the SLU family appreciate everyone's concerns and comments. I think the most sane and best thing written about it all was posted on our Facebook Group by one of our Admin's for the Facebook page. Here is what he posted.

Bruce Carlisle
                        Admin · 5 hrs · Larkspur, CA
                        I want to publicly commend President Fox and the SLU Board for doing exactly the right thing in announcing an investigation.
                        There have been serious and credible allegations about the program, notwithstanding the litigation in this forum. These allegations need to be investigated to preserve the long term reputation and integrity of the St. Lawrence hockey program. Period.
                        IMO, this is neither a witch hunt nor is it a white wash.
                        I believe this is exactly the right course of action by the SLU administration. Whatever the result, and notwithstanding any short term hit, I firmly believe that the hockey program will benefit and emerge from this stronger than ever. If the results of the investigation determine that there is nothing in need of correction, you may return here to read my public mea culpa.
                        While I understand the concern that the University's general law firm has been hired, my understanding is that this firm has a specialty practice in college athletics that should serve the investigation well. They have their own reputation to protect. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
                        I'd also add for the benefit of any future D1 college hockey players who might be reading this that if you are looking for an outstanding liberal arts college with a tremendous D1 hockey tradition that has produced recent Stanley Cup winners and plays in a unique, historic building you could not do any better than to take a look at St. Lawrence University.
                        SLU

Comment

As much as I hope we put up a dozen on you guys both nights this weekend, I also hope that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible and your guys get back to the business of representing an historic hockey program. Many of us fans of the team up the road secretly root for you all but a few days a year.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I hope this unfortunate matter gets taken care of swiftly so that the program can focus on the great game of hockey it always produces. My heart is with the SLU community.
                            'Gate fan

Comment

As much as I hope we put up a dozen on you guys both nights this weekend, I also hope that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible and your guys get back to the business of representing an historic hockey program. Many of us fans of the team up the road secretly root for you all but a few days a year.
                              And truthfully, I think most of the SLU faithful probably feels the same. Appreciate the kind words though, hopefully we get a couple good games this weekend.

Same for you, CU13.

Comment

I'm with CU13 on the matter, SLU deserves better. Looked like a barnburner at Cheel last night and 3500 fans !
                                Last edited by sshablak; 12-09-2017, 07:06 AM.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X