Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
    As much as I hope we put up a dozen on you guys both nights this weekend, I also hope that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible and your guys get back to the business of representing an historic hockey program. Many of us fans of the team up the road secretly root for you all but a few days a year.
    I think regardless of the animus that exists when we play each other............both school's fans support the North Country teams and want to see them do well. Over the year's we've also loved it when everyone else feels a road trip to the North Country has and was a hellish trip...... not just for the bus ride, but, for the thrashing they got on the ice. Sure would like to get back to that.

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I'm with CU13 on the matter, SLU deserves better. Looked like a barnburner at Cheel last night and 3500 fans !
    It was a very good game.........as has been the case with our team all year long. When we put the other team up a man and we are in the box..........it costs us dearly. No difference last night. Thought the boys played well and with spunk. The time off served them well and getting Marnell and Cusinato back certainly helped. However.....we are still short players and I hope that doesn't come back to bite us tonight.
    SLU

Comment

Are you going to sweep this weekend? Vermont and now UML? What are you folks smoking? Eating? Drinking? Can we get some of that? Nice Work !!!! Looks like I spoke too soon. Jumping the gun here a little. Its just the start of the third period. I thought it was the end of the third period. Anyway good luck !!! No, wait, I had it right the first time ... good job this weekend. Make the ECAC proud again.
      Last edited by Dutchman; 12-30-2017, 05:13 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Congrats on Catamount Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Are you going to sweep this weekend? Vermont and now UML? What are you folks smoking? Eating? Drinking? Can we get some of that? Nice Work !!!! Looks like I spoke too soon. Jumping the gun here a little. Its just the start of the third period. I thought it was the end of the third period. Anyway good luck !!! No, wait, I had it right the first time ... good job this weekend. Make the ECAC proud again.
          What he said. Congrats on a great weekend.
          . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Probably sandbagging...

Comment

@JeffCoxSports

Hearing puck-moving, offensive defenseman Ben Finkelstein is leaving St. Lawrence to pursue other opportunities. Florida Panthers draft pick is a KUA alum.
              Big Loss for SLU
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

69 (th highest paid public employee)
                Gregory Carvel
                $308,869.82
                Athletic Coach
                UMass system
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Finkelstein to BC...the rich get richer while SLU loses even more. Good luck to Ben at BC, win a National Championship.
                  Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Thank god! Now can we get back to the game? More hockey, less witch hunt please!

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Wrongdoing.php
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints '17-'18

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      They are not unsubstantiated. They are very well substantiated, in fact. The problem is figuring out how to use them to achieve the NECESSARY outcome. The school is already open to huge liability. IF they don't act, it is going to be much, much worse. He didn't wait. Some of the most major abuses go back to November 2016. It's appalling and disgusting and anyone that allowed it to happen should be relieved of their positions of responsibility at SLU.
                      *crickets*
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        *crickets*
                        I wouldn't say "crickets" so fast.
                        I think although disappointing that the "investigation" didn't reveal anything the University was willing to take action on.........I think the issue is far from done. Some people cover their tracks better than others. I'm not sure who the investigators talked to or if as alleged by some, there was a conflict of interest. You can chalk it up to whatever you want.....players being soft or mamby pamby, but: some players do the talking and walking with their feet. Two of them did in Hayton and Benny Fink. They were arguably two of the most talented players on the roster and they got out of dodge.
                        I think several others are in a pickle. They have scholarships and that's tough to walk away from....particularly if you are injured and because of it have no options on the table. I would not be surprised if we don't see more players depart.
                        Something up there is fundamentally wrong. Maybe the investigation didn't reveal it, but the record of the team sure says something....and marquee players leaving says something.
                        It is likely to be crickets on this website as precious few follow or post on USCHO anymore..........all of the SLU action is on the Fan Page on Facebook. Over there it is crickets from the dissenting crowd (myself included) as I'm not sure what to say at this point.
                        SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          I think although disappointing that the "investigation" didn't reveal anything the University was willing to take action on.........I think the issue is far from done. Some people cover their tracks better than others. I'm not sure who the investigators talked to or if as alleged by some, there was a conflict of interest. You can chalk it up to whatever you want.....players being soft or mamby pamby, but: some players do the talking and walking with their feet. Two of them did in Hayton and Benny Fink. They were arguably two of the most talented players on the roster and they got out of dodge.
                          I think several others are in a pickle. They have scholarships and that's tough to walk away from....particularly if you are injured and because of it have no options on the table. I would not be surprised if we don't see more players depart.
                          Something up there is fundamentally wrong. Maybe the investigation didn't reveal it, but the record of the team sure says something....and marquee players leaving says something.
                          It is likely to be crickets on this website as precious few follow or post on USCHO anymore..........all of the SLU action is on the Fan Page on Facebook. Over there it is crickets from the dissenting crowd (myself included) as I'm not sure what to say at this point.
                          To add to this, Adam Wodon also believes there will be more departures at the end of the season, and that this story isn't over just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                            Players departing following a coaching change is common, expected and not the least bit unusual. RPI has seen plenty of departures since Appert got canned-- a few by players choice (Nanne, Melanson) and a few more by the new coach's choice, with even more departures expected this spring following the season. By comparison, In case you hadn't noticed, RPI is in a dead heat with SLU for DFL.

After an in-depth investigation which included numerous interviews and review of electronic records, the single "violation" was a lengthy video session? Wow. I'll guarantee you far more serious violations happen weekly in D1 hockey.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the player who's delicate ego was bruised by "harsh language" by the staff. LMAO.

It's obvious many SLU backers are still butt hurting over the Carvel betrayal and are stuck in victimhood mode. You don't like the new coach, then so be it , but hiding behind the vast coverup story is pathetic IMO.

Sadly, folks are so busy witch hunting they can't bring themselves to credit the team and yes, the STAFF for being a very hard team to play against in the 2nd half. I sure as heck wouldn't want to see the Saints coming into my barn for a first round series.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 02-08-2018, 01:56 PM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Players departing following a coaching change is common, expected and not the least bit unusual. RPI has seen plenty of departures since Appert got canned-- a few by players choice (Nanne, Melanson) and a few more by the new coach's choice, with even more departures expected this spring following the season. By comparison, In case you hadn't noticed, RPI is in a dead heat with SLU for DFL.

After an in-depth investigation which included numerous interviews and review of electronic records, the single "violation" was a lengthy video session? Wow. I'll guarantee you far more serious violations happen weekly in D1 hockey.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the player who's delicate ego was bruised by "harsh language" by the staff. LMAO.

It's obvious many SLU backers are still butt hurting over the Carvel betrayal and are stuck in victimhood mode. You don't like the new coach, then so be it , but hiding behind the vast coverup story is pathetic IMO.
                              Not hiding behind any cover up story. I agree with you completely about coaching changes and I'll admit to being devastated when Coach Carvel left. Any school is going to have players leave or not be happy when a new coach comes in. (Particularly when the style change goes from one stressing speed and skill, to the present one that is about being big, tough, size and sandpaper.)
                              And I agree that your parallel with RPI is apropos. But Appert got canned for putting horrible teams on the ice that were not competitive year after year. What the investigation was about was very different from that. I was a part of the Investigation. I was interviewed. I know what I said.....I know what I presented and frankly I'm shocked that it wasn't corroborated enough to arrive at a different conclusion. I haven't and never will be able to read the results of the Investigation. And that's a fact. For all we know it could have said some really bad things and SLU isn't obligated to say a word about it. They've just said "no further action is being taken."
                              SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                                Not hiding behind any cover up story. I agree with you completely about coaching changes and I'll admit to being devastated when Coach Carvel left. Any school is going to have players leave or not be happy when a new coach comes in. (Particularly when the style change goes from one stressing speed and skill, to the present one that is about being big, tough, size and sandpaper.)
                                And I agree that your parallel with RPI is apropos. But Appert got canned for putting horrible teams on the ice that were not competitive year after year. What the investigation was about was very different from that. I was a part of the Investigation. I was interviewed. I know what I said.....I know what I presented and frankly I'm shocked that it wasn't corroborated enough to arrive at a different conclusion. I haven't and never will be able to read the results of the Investigation. And that's a fact. For all we know it could have said some really bad things and SLU isn't obligated to say a word about it. They've just said "no further action is being taken."
                                Damage is done. What recruits will come? The coach has been cleared, but the investigation still happened. What do the coaches say to potential recruits? 2 players have left and more are expected to leave. The damage will be felt for years. Good luck trying to get high-end recruits to come to SLU.

Comment

Working...
                                X