Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 682

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    With one game in the bunker in the books, I think a lot of guys will come out less nervous and ready to play tonight in GF. Looking forward to a different look and a lot more SOG from the Gopher offense. And relatively the same Schierhorn would be perfect.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,986

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    With one game in the bunker in the books, I think a lot of guys will come out less nervous and ready to play tonight in GF.
    But how motivated will the Fhawks be tonight? Gophers better be ready from the opening faceoff.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  3. #83
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hockey Mecca
    Posts
    26,511

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    But how motivated will the Fhawks be tonight? Gophers better be ready from the opening faceoff.
    And in the handshake line.

    Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


    Vote Bullwinkle J. Moose For President in 2016

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Diving can be pretty discretionary, but it looked to me like Sheehy just lost his balance when blindsided by Bast's stick on the interference call. MG and Lucia were pretty livid about it. Then again, a career in acting may be in his future. Agreed the Norman hook was a joke. Terrible.
    Exactly, there shouldn’t be a legit penalty called on one guy and the other gets diving, that should never happen. If a guy commits a penalty call it on him, period.

    And yes the Norman phantom call plus Romanko being tackled no call... FFS.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    11,797

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Hobey level game for Schierhorn.

    Criticism of Gopher play in the first part of the game is warranted. But the gophs put up a great defensive game and sometimes you can't have both - a great defensive and offensive game. Overall, I'd put it at a fairly good gopher game overall because they found a way to win against a very good hawks team and very bad reffing.

    Again, Schierhorn. Period.
    Go Gophers!

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Hobey level game for Schierhorn.

    Criticism of Gopher play in the first part of the game is warranted. But the gophs put up a great defensive game and sometimes you can't have both - a great defensive and offensive game. Overall, I'd put it at a fairly good gopher game overall because they found a way to win against a very good hawks team and very bad reffing.

    Again, Schierhorn. Period.
    It definitely looked like packin' around the net was the D game plan for most of the third. Berry commented it was hard to get pucks through. Plus they blocked a ****load of shots...29 BLK's (UND/6). Nanne took 6 of those stingers. Braveheart.

  7. #87
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,511

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Didn't see/hear the game, due to a beerfest last night, but thankfully some people in the group I was in gave me updates. Made my night even better.

    Now let's sweep the leg.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Didn't see/hear the game, due to a beerfest last night, but thankfully some people in the group I was in gave me updates. Made my night even better.

    Now let's sweep the leg.
    Here are the HIGHLIGHTS Brent. Enjoy.

  9. #89
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,466

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    The Fighting Halos have taken CM out of the lineup tonight. I'm sure the brutal crosscheck last night several seconds after the whistle didn't help.

  10. #90
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,511

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    MN sh* themselves, although the bullsh* reffing didn't help, either.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  11. #91
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22,968

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Hard to blow the whistle when you have co ck that far down your throat.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    I thought the Gopher offense looked much more competitive tonight, but the fake CFB Major really changed the momentum of the game. Horrible officiating favoring UND this weekend. I'm ok if the Gophers don't go up there for another 5 yrs.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,828

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    MN sh* themselves, although the bullsh* reffing didn't help, either.
    Gophers got jobbed on the major, IMO, but UND adjusted to the shot blocking scheme, which made a big difference. UM probably outplayed them 5x5, but they seem shy to shoot on the PP. They each deserved a win this weekend.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Gophers got jobbed on the major, IMO, but UND adjusted to the shot blocking scheme, which made a big difference. UM probably outplayed them 5x5, but they seem shy to shoot on the PP. They each deserved a win this weekend.
    It makes a big difference when the refs are biased. That's the tainted story of the weekend.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,828

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    It makes a big difference when the refs are biased. That's the tainted story of the weekend.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    640

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Not one bad call on UND all weekend. I can cite at least 4 on the Gophers. Guaranteed the crew will hear from the Gopher coaching staff this week.

  17. #97
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22,968

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Seriously?

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,828

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Seriously?
    Well, yeah, I guess--to the extent you can be serious about a game other people's kids are playing.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    Horrific officiating.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,113

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18

    According to the Minneapolis paper, even before this game MN was second highest in the country in penalty minutes per game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •