MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Oof, sounds like we had a rough night. I think we'll play well at home tonight but I feel that this team needs the holiday break.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Oof, sounds like we had a rough night. I think we'll play well at home tonight but I feel that this team needs the holiday break.
      I'm hoping for an MSU goal, just as a pick-me-up. I don't know if any witnesses will chime in here, but it sounds like Lavigne and Boka were poor winners. I'm sure Marody was a piece of **** too, but that's just the kind of great guy he is.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        I'm hoping for an MSU goal, just as a pick-me-up. I don't know if any witnesses will chime in here, but it sounds like Lavigne and Boka were poor winners. I'm sure Marody was a piece of **** too, but that's just the kind of great guy he is.
        What do you mean by poor winners? I shut the stream off when it got to 3-0... Something happen?

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
          What do you mean by poor winners? I shut the stream off when it got to 3-0... Something happen?
          The radio play-by-play went something like this:
          1. Looking to salvage some pride in the waning seconds of the game, some smallish MSU forward (I think Lambdin) puts the puck in the net - but it's just after the horn sounds. Lavigne retrieves the puck, then chucks it at said forward.
          2. Boka uses his 5-inch advantage in the handshake line to prove his toughness to Osburn, who naturally takes offense, and the dancing begins. Whatever it was, in earned Boka a 10-minute game misconduct.

But as they say ya know "to the victors go the spoils". Or is that "spoiled"?
          Last edited by owslachief; 12-08-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

The radio play-by-play went something like this:
            1. Looking to salvage some pride in the waning seconds of the game, some smallish MSU forward (I think Lambdin) puts the puck in the net - but it's just after the horn sounds. Lavigne retrieves the puck, then chucks it at said forward.
            2. Boka uses his 5-inch advantage in the handshake line to prove his toughness to Osburn, who naturally takes offense, and the dancing begins. Whatever it was, in earned Boka a 10-minute game misconduct.

But as they say ya know "to the victors go the spoils". Or is that "spoiled"?
            I was there last night, the Spartan player flipped it into the net about three seconds after the horn went, he definitely heard it and chose to put it in anyway. There was a mini-scrum in the corner as a result, but cooler heads prevailed. I then saw Boka in the handshake line definitely making his point. As he was the only one who earned the misconduct and game misconduct he clearly was at fault at that time.

Should lead to some interesting emotions tonight at Munn
            Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
              I was there last night, the Spartan player flipped it into the net about three seconds after the horn went, he definitely heard it and chose to put it in anyway. There was a mini-scrum in the corner as a result, but cooler heads prevailed. I then saw Boka in the handshake line definitely making his point. As he was the only one who earned the misconduct and game misconduct he clearly was at fault at that time.

Should lead to some interesting emotions tonight at Munn
              I appreciate the eye-witness account. Although it's strange that Mr. Moore's description of Lavigne's classy move seemed to happen as the horn echo was just dying. OK.

I hope Lewandowski uses the break to heal. Apap as well.

Nice game tonight, btw.
              Last edited by owslachief; 12-08-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Great bounce back. And we win the weekend on aggregate 5-4!

Now a good three week break (with the U18 thrown in) and rest up for the lamest GLI of all time.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Great bounce back. And we win the weekend on aggregate 5-4!
                  I really think we can put it all together in '86!

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    I really think we can put it all together in '86!
                    07 might be pretty good, too

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                      07 might be pretty good, too
                      By then (alas) the aggregate method was done away with for NCAA tournament purposes.
                      Last edited by owslachief; 12-12-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Former MSU commit Ty Farmer who seems not to have fit into Cole's plans has commited to U Mass.

Comment

Former MSU commit Ty Farmer who seems not to have fit into Cole's plans has commited to U Mass.
                          I think Cole (or fellow Rhode-Islander Joe Exter) must have seen something with Cesana that (t)he(y) didn't with Farmer. Same shooting hand and build, with about the same offensive numbers.

Need a little help: When most recently (before Farmer) did a player who signed an LOI for MSU hockey back out and head to another D1 program?
                          Last edited by owslachief; 12-14-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Honoring a ten-year anniversary, how about some home-grown musical super-group stuff (front-man Zak McClellan)?

Piece of My Heart
                            Break My Stride
                            Walk This Way
                            Behind the Story
                            You Make My Dreams

Comment

Honoring a ten-year anniversary, how about some home-grown musical super-group stuff (front-man Zak McClellan)?

Piece of My Heart
                              Break My Stride
                              Walk This Way
                              Behind the Story
                              You Make My Dreams
                              These were the best. If only this was an annual thing the players put together.. Granted I don't think you get a Zak McClellan personality every year.

Also anybody with some in's with the student section know why they no longer do the "big go green" chant anymore? Now they just try to do go green, go white within the student section which is NOT the same.

Comment

.....and he’s replaced today by former UND committ, Mitchell Mattson (currently w/Sioux Falls in USHL).
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X