MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

I be happy. Great start to the season. PP at 25%. Need to work on the PK. Goal scoring is up. Goals against is down.
    Have a player in the top 25 of scoring in the country. Lethamon's save percentage is around 0.910. Good sweep. Just sorry it was against Whitten and York.
    Go Green!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      That would explain it. Even better that we still out shot them and kept the shutout.
      He said so on radio interview after the game. I didn't notice during the game either. Made sense to me when he explained it.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
        I be happy. Great start to the season. PP at 25%. Need to work on the PK. Goal scoring is up. Goals against is down.
        Have a player in the top 25 of scoring in the country. Lethamon's save percentage is around 0.910. Good sweep. Just sorry it was against Whitten and York.
        Go Green!
        Two of them in fact! The H and L of the "KHL" line ... and with fewer games in than most of the country. I just hope the "H" sticks around for another couple years .

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Two of them in fact! The H and L of the "KHL" line ... and with fewer games in than most of the country. I just hope the "H" sticks around for another couple years .
          It's still early but I think if they stick together for another year the can be one of the best lines in the B1G. Maybe THE best? Hard to imagine after the chronic offensive drought this program has been through.

Comment

As for this weekend, Minny is only 5-3 so far but they've played a pretty tough schedule. I anticipate this being one of the toughest tests for this team the entire year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              It's still early but I think if they stick together for another year the can be one of the best lines in the B1G. Maybe THE best? Hard to imagine after the chronic offensive drought this program has been through.
              Heck, they're already on pace to top Kennedy-Abdelkader-Crowder of 2007-08 . Those guys couldn't even register a point a game .

Oh yyyyeeaaaahhh - there's still the Big 10 competition to come.

Comment

Just picked up our first 2020-21 D-man commit: Michael Feenstra from the Fox Motors U16 team. These guys keep getting bigger; as a 16-year-old, he's 6'2 168#

Comment

Just picked up our first 2020-21 D-man commit: Michael Feenstra from the Fox Motors U16 team. These guys keep getting bigger; as a 16-year-old, he's 6'2 168#
                  By my count that’s 13 future Spartans recruited by Cole so far. On the other side at least 4 players commited to the A team are no longer coming.

For next year, scheduled incoming: 1 goaltender, 2 dmen, 5 forwards to replace 3 players to graduation, plus a possible player or two leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    Not sure if they will be the best line, but after a few years of 3 third lines, it’s nice to have a line that actually is a threat to score when they are on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                      By my count that’s 13 future Spartans recruited by Cole so far. On the other side at least 4 players commited to the A team are no longer coming.

For next year, scheduled incoming: 1 goaltender, 2 dmen, 5 forwards to replace 3 players to graduation, plus a possible player or two leaving.
                      Joe Exter must really know how to recruit. Cole has said many times he is the head guy when it comes to recruiting.

Also interesting to see guys committed to Anastos no longer coming. Is it Cole no longer wanting those guys? Or those guys not wanting to play for Cole?

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Joe Exter must really know how to recruit. Cole has said many times he is the head guy when it comes to recruiting.

Also interesting to see guys committed to Anastos no longer coming. Is it Cole no longer wanting those guys? Or those guys not wanting to play for Cole?
                        That is typical as I understand it.

The first one to jump ship was Noah Lalonde, who is a 2018 commit to LSSU. I see that Bederka (D) and Moyle (F) are no longer committed and have not announced to another school. Are there others?

Comment

That is typical as I understand it.

The first one to jump ship was Noah Lalonde, who is a 2018 commit to LSSU. I see that Bederka (D) and Moyle (F) are no longer committed and have not announced to another school. Are there others?
                          Ty Farmer is also now uncommitted even though he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            Ty Farmer is also now uncommitted even though he signed.
                            Geez, yes there it is. I assume because he's waiting for at least 2018-19 to land a spot on an NCAA team (if NCAA is his thing), it's no "major penalty" to him.

EliteProspects.com last showed him as a 2018-19 freshman for MSU. Way back when he was on track as a 2016-17 freshman, his development suffered a setback with an injury, and the previous regime rightly asked him to work on his game another year. I can then imagine that DC over the summer asked him to work on his game for an additional year, and TF had had enough.

Comment

We hardly have any roster spots opening up the next two years. I'm not sure how Cole will manage the roster in the future because chronic lopsided class sizes do not promote program consistency.

Also, if we snag any points in Minneapolis this weekend I will be happy.
                              Last edited by Pirateasaur; 11-03-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The effort was good tonight, except Schierhorn was unhumanly good. The KHL line whew! But I'm pretty sure Schierhorn is an alien. Lethemon's not bad either. In fact, how do you take the job away from him right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X