MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Always feels better to win the 2nd one, right? I did not see it but it sounds like we played well enough to win that game. Held OSU to only 21 shots. A pity they still managed 4 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Always feels better to win the 2nd one, right? I did not see it but it sounds like we played well enough to win that game. Held OSU to only 21 shots. A pity they still managed 4 goals.
      The 3rd goal was a pity indeed. One of those slow leakers that Lethemon could have had a better handle on. Also taking a penalty with under 2 minutes is never very helpful.

Comment

I thought Ohio State during Friday's game had long lapses where they allowed your guys to execute well and take advantage of what we gave them and tonight we were even more absent the first two periods while I though the Spartans adjusted well from yesterday and wanted it worse.
        Only in the third did OSU start putting the proper energy and intent into it and missed some great scoring chances but overall it was too little too late.
        Congrats on the win, it provided a lot of enthusiam for your guys!

Comment

Didn't get to see either game thanks to BTN Plus, but I'm almost glad KHL was largely absent from the box score this weekend. Usually when we win or stay competitive you can count on those three names littering the scoresheet, but this weekend we put together two strong games and KHL was a combined -3.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Agreed. There were multiple heroes last night, including in the scoring sheet. Ghaffari with his second, Kamer with his first.
            And how about Apap winning 2 of 3 faceoffs in MSU's d-zone after MSU iced the puck 3 times, a key reason MSU was able to keep OSU from scoring with the extra attacker.

Comment

Was messing around a bit checking out stats and Lewandowski is tied for highest scoring player in the B1G in terms of goals scored. He is tied with Calderone at 15. He's having an outstanding year but that still surprises me.

Hopefully he sticks around for a while.

Comment

Why can't your school learn how to sync-up the game clock with the video feed? Wow that was annoying.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Why can't your school learn how to sync-up the game clock with the video feed? Wow that was annoying.
                  Why can't you learn to stop being a pain in the tuchis? Get off your ***, shovel off your driveway make the drive. Sheesh.

(No segue) I guess if the OHL calls, you have to answer, Mitch. Will be hilarious to see him age out and end up being nailed against the boards here in a meaningless October game.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    Why can't you learn to stop being a pain in the tuchis? Get off your ***, shovel off your driveway make the drive. Sheesh.

(No segue) I guess if the OHL calls, you have to answer, Mitch. Will be hilarious to see him age out and end up being nailed against the boards here in a meaningless October game.
                    Very weird move. I could see leaving at winter break once the semester is done, but midway through the year is just odd, especially when the season is almost over. He mentioned continuing his education, but unless he's taking all online classes I'm assuming he withdrew in the middle of the year and will enroll somewhere else.

Looks like Jake Smith is out tonight after last night's hit to the head.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Nah, just figure out the difference and go from there. It's like when my friends complain when I don't change the clock in my car after daylight savings. I tell them "We know my clock is an hour behind, therefore, we know what time it is."

Comment

https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/02/0...former-player/

Woo boy, sounds like Mr. Eliot won't be using Cole for a reference any time soon.

Strange departure. The timing and the fact that playing time is certainly not a factor. Nevertheless, we have capable defenseman and this opens up a scholarship for a Cole recruit. We'll be just fine.

As for the game, it was a sloppy, grinding affair and I think it could have easily swung for either team.

It's amusing our goal was scored by Gatt after a nice set up. I thought we were fighting the puck all night and Gatt seemed to have an especially tough time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          Nah, just figure out the difference and go from there. It's like when my friends complain when I don't change the clock in my car after daylight savings. I tell them "We know my clock is an hour behind, therefore, we know what time it is."
                          But it varied....
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post

I DO NOT want to contribute any money to an Athletic Department that had a known pedophile on staff for 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              I DO NOT want to contribute any money to an Athletic Department that had a known pedophile on staff for 20 years.
                              Well, jackhole, if you understood that the doctor in question was NOT and NEVER WAS on the athletic department staff, you wouldn't continue to Foster your reputation as a complete buffoon. He was a doctor in the Sports Medicine clinic, which was contracted to provide medical services to the athletic department. He never received a dime directly from MSU athletics. But you as another dog-whistle attacker have no desire to get actual facts because they distract from your agenda-driven narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Well, jackhole, if you understood that the doctor in question was NOT and NEVER WAS on the athletic department staff, you wouldn't continue to Foster your reputation as a complete buffoon. He was a doctor in the Sports Medicine clinic, which was contracted to provide medical services to the athletic department. He never received a dime directly from MSU athletics. But you as another dog-whistle attacker have no desire to get actual facts because they distract from your agenda-driven narrative.
                                Not trying to troll but I have to side with UMICH on this. All evidence in the public eye seems to unerringly show those in the employ of the Athletic Department were directly involved with the cover up which ultimately makes the Athletic Department and University as a whole culpable regardless of the details of his employment. At least I believe that will be the final court rulings as the various lawsuits come to their conclusion down the road.
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-11-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X