Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    .....and he’s replaced today by former UND committ, Mitchell Mattson (currently w/Sioux Falls in USHL).
    This is really interesting. Originally committed to UND in 2014, picked in the 5th round by Calgary in 2016, and will be presumably taking over Pavelek's roster spot next October.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      This is really interesting. Originally committed to UND in 2014, picked in the 5th round by Calgary in 2016, and will be presumably taking over Pavelek's roster spot next October.
      He’s a big centerman at 6’4”. He will probably be on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Assuming no one leaving early, It is looking like 5 incoming for next year. A goalie, 2 dmen, and 2 forwards. I’d expect one of the two recent dman commits next year and BrindAmour as the other forward.

If that is correct it would give MSU a top goalie, a smaller offensive dman, a big dman, and two big talented forwards.

Comment

All year I didn't care that the game against the U-18 team was in Plymouth but last night I was disappointed I could not attend it at Munn. It doesn't count but no one wants to lose to those kids. Now for a well deserved break.

The win against UM was a fantastic time. The team was obviously thrilled in the post game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          All year I didn't care that the game against the U-18 team was in Plymouth but last night I was disappointed I could not attend it at Munn. It doesn't count but no one wants to lose to those kids. Now for a well deserved break.

The win against UM was a fantastic time. The team was obviously thrilled in the post game.
          I am sorry you could not be there. The place was packed and it was an enthusiastic crowd.

Actually despite the fact that this was exhibition, it couldn't have worked out much better for our program. Cole started and stuck with Minney for the duration against his old program, and his shutout may have been a confidence booster, something he can use should he be called upon in the second half. He got the second star and Khoderenko (another former NDTP'er) the first star. MSU's special teams got a big workout and that always helps. And for the team, the weekend provided a chance to keep tuned up between Michican week and the Holiday tournament.

I suppose if there is a distraction, its the large contingent of pro scouts and I'm sure there were plenty eyes (and notes) on #55. Gotta wonder if that's the next Spartan to give up some eligibility.

Comment

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
              Hope everyone has a merry Christmas!
              Yeah! I finished my shopping yesterday, which is a personal record. I guess this is growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                I really think we can put it all together in '86!
                Yes I'm old, I admit it. But even after 32+ years, I'm still ****ed about 1985. Can't let it go.

Comment

• Hard to put this one behind them, but they have to. Very short turnaround before aOSU comes to town.

Get Apap back and stop it already with the silly mistakes.

Comment

Certainly not what I was hoping for this weekend. I did not see either game but 11 goals suggests defense and goaltending struggled. I also heard we suffered some strange goals. I checked the score at work and we were up 2-0. I then had to spend the rest of the day in the lab so the next time I checked it was 5-3 UM and I was very disappointed. A win or two this weekend would fix that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                      Certainly not what I was hoping for this weekend. I did not see either game but 11 goals suggests defense and goaltending struggled. I also heard we suffered some strange goals. I checked the score at work and we were up 2-0. I then had to spend the rest of the day in the lab so the next time I checked it was 5-3 UM and I was very disappointed. A win or two this weekend would fix that feeling.
                      Vs. umaa there were two goals off of Spartan players not named Lethemon.

Comment

Looking forward to this weekend's series. OSU has a better road record than at home this season but of course it depends as always which team shows up, the ones who bring their A game other the other one.
                        Associate Head Coach Miller won't be with the team this weekend as he won't be back from the World Juniors in time.
                        Nothing against Coach Rohlik but the team has a different feel and drive when both are there.

Comment

Well, that game happened. I do not know if the team is still feeling the GLI schedule but they looked as if they lacked energy and focus. I mean REALLY lacked energy. I do not believe OSU is that much faster than MSU.

Not sure if another game 24 hours later will help. There was nothing positive about MSU's performance last night other than Minney playing well In a game that was doomed far before he entered.
                          Last edited by Pirateasaur; 01-06-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

I know it hurts for now but your team is making positive strides.
                              I predict with the new coaching staff, your young team getting experienced and some good recruiting MSU hockey will get strong again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I know it hurts for now but your team is making positive strides.
                                I predict with the new coaching staff, your young team getting experienced and some good recruiting MSU hockey will get strong again.
                                Thanks. We're pleased with what we have seen so far and understand the team is very young and likely outgunned in every B1G game. It is a little frustrating after such a good Non-con but we're seeing that the B1G really is a different beast this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X