MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

No, but I would not like that b/c he wouldn't be the only one leaving (not arriving)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Any rumors floating around up there if Joe Exter is talking with Merrimack about the head coaching job?
      No inside info, but I expect he has submitted his resume and would take the job if offered. I hope they go with someone else and we get to keep him a couple more years.

Comment

Was thinking that last day or so that MSU's 2021-22 commitment list is kinda empty, but now that D Zane Demsey has committed (6'0 as an '01) from Honeybaked, there's one.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Was thinking that last day or so that MSU's 2021-22 commitment list is kinda empty, but now that D Zane Demsey has committed (6'0 as an '01) from Honeybaked, there's one.
          Personally, I think there should be a rule against recruiting any kid before their sophomore year of high school and offering before their junior year. Going after 14 and 15 year olds is crazy. Asking kids to make decisions 3-5 years before college? really?

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
            Personally, I think there should be a rule against recruiting any kid before their sophomore year of high school and offering before their junior year. Going after 14 and 15 year olds is crazy. Asking kids to make decisions 3-5 years before college? really?
            I am with you. I know when I was 14-15 I had no clue what all went into a college decision. It's a big thing to put on a kid that young, especially an athlete.

Comment

The only counter argument is that Major Junior comes after them at that age.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

To that point, I'd bet the track record for MSU doesn't compare favorably with the D1 average when it comes to 14 & 15 yo making it here, much less staying long. (Ty Farmer, Reid Boucher, Austin Czarnik, Nick Boka, Justin Bailey, Brendan Perlini plus others in the last 8 years alone).

Tanner Sorenson is the only one that comes to mind who made up his mind at 14 and actually put in some time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  The only counter argument is that Major Junior comes after them at that age.

GFM
                  They really like to ruin things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    They really like to ruin things.
                    I've talked with D-I coaches about it. I'd like to think that you let a kid who played MJ but left before 17y180d come in to play college hockey if they met all educational requirements for admission to the member school and passing the NCAA clearinghouse, but I don't know how often that would work practically. Also, the coaches I've asked that of have essentially argued that MJ would end up ruining a lot of kids' opportunities in that regard, and that the burden would fall on Tier I and Tier II juniors to not only develop the kids' games but ensure that they get educated.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sad news from the UP. Allen Ammesmaki, AKA Goofus, passed away last night. The team comedian award every season is named for him. If you aren't familiar, the video may jog your memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oynq7qAGTAA

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Sad news from the UP. Allen Ammesmaki, AKA Goofus, passed away last night. The team comedian award every season is named for him. If you aren't familiar, the video may jog your memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oynq7qAGTAA
                        Sad indeed ... thank you for the note.
                        So passes another piece of the glorious past.

Comment

Add David Gucciardi a Dman from Toronto. On the small size (at 15 may not be done growing) at 5’9”.

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/player/david-gucciardi-33928/

Comment

So Joe Exter isn't going anywhere (yet). Let's see if we can get another high-scoring New Englandaa.

Comment

So Joe Exter isn't going anywhere (yet). Let's see if we can get another high-scoring New Englandaa.
                              I'm hoping to get 3 seasons out of him.

I'm curious to see who shows up as freshmen next year. There are far more recruits slotted for 2018 than spaces available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                                I'm hoping to get 3 seasons out of him.

I'm curious to see who shows up as freshmen next year. There are far more recruits slotted for 2018 than spaces available.
                                For sure DeRidder, Cesana, Mattson.
                                Very likely Wishman
                                And probably 1 or 2 more forwards. Stachowiak and Lombardi might be the most likely, but there are several more possibilities to fill very few spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X