Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...dd634cc70.html

Comment

Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.
      What academics?
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Make it 14. Picked up forward Adam Goodsir. Was committed to Denver.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

We've got 15, my question is where are all these going to end up? We don't have room for them, as of now.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Yup, 4 flips to MSU in a single year. I can't ever remember more than one in a year in the past. Looks like these are guys who liked MSU, but not the previous coach...along with the promise of more playing time sooner here. This looks to be shaping up to a bigger change year than many of us expected (but hoped for)...a goaltender, 3 (or 4?) defensemen, and 2 (or 3?) forwards to fill 3 (at this time) outgoing positions. Cole said last year he was a couple of forwards short from what he'd like, but was holding the spots for better players. I expect 1-2 current players to be cut to give MSU a roster of 8 defensemen, 15-16 forwards, and 3 goalies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              We've got 15, my question is where are all these going to end up? We don't have room for them, as of now.
              Hockey recruiting media isn't nearly as robust as football or basketball so my only idea is that a number of players listed as current commits have moved on or pushed back a year but the info was never updated. It would appear to me that neither Cole nor Pearson are afraid to replace commits with better ones if the opportunity arises. Or perhaps the new coaches are wasting no time shuffling as many of their players in as possible.

Comment

Wow. This is going to be a very different roster in October, if I were a wagerer. Besides the 'O', need to pick up a goalie in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Wow. This is going to be a very different roster in October, if I were a wagerer. Besides the 'O', need to pick up a goalie in the near future.
                  I can't wait for the official release from the university on what new players are coming...

Comment

Goodsir, the Krygier twins, and Stachowiak are officially coming to EL.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050918aak.html

Isn't Brind'Amour supposed to be in this class?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

College Hockey Inc spreadsheet has him as a 2019 recruit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Ah, some news! That puts us at 3 defenseman for 2 that have departed. Wishman and that Swedish kid are still out there. Are they coming or did the Krygier twins replace them? I suppose current roster attrition may happen as well and this could be moot.

It also seems like Cole is targeting quite a bit of size in future classes.

As for Brind’Amour, I am not sure but as previously noted it would seem he is scheduled for a 2019 arrival. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt, though. CHN also says DeRidder will arrive in 2019 and we know that is false. Brind’Amour will be 19 this summer so I guess he could swing either direction. He may round out our forwards if no unexpected roster spots open up.

Lebster has already spent 2 full seasons in the USHL. I’d guess he has a good chance of coming in this fall.
                        Last edited by Pirateasaur; 05-09-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

MSU will bring in 7 this year. One more forward is on the way. While Cole can’t comment on who he is...it’s almost certainly Matson. So this class will have one excellent goaltender, 3 defensemen with Cesana a Krug type, and 3 talented forwards. Things are looking good....
                          Last edited by wsummers; 05-09-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

We also know our non-conference opponents for next year. LSSU and MTU/Mich at Great Lakes Invite, at Arizona State, at Cornell, home against NMU, and h andh against Ferris.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                              We also know our non-conference opponents for next year. LSSU and MTU/Mich at Great Lakes Invite, at Arizona State, at Cornell, home against NMU, and h andh against Ferris.
                              Only 3 non con games at Munn? A bit of a bummer there.

At Cornell and ASU is certainly interesting, though.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                                College Hockey Inc spreadsheet has him as a 2019 recruit...
                                Heisenberg had him as a 2018. But a couple forwards leaving next year so there'll be room if he ends up coming in '19.

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                                Only 3 non con games at Munn? A bit of a bummer there.

At Cornell and ASU is certainly interesting, though.
                                Got a bit spoiled with the CCHA reunion tour at Munn last year. That was probably the perfect non-con schedule with the home and homes.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X