Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Results 281 to 293 of 293

Thread: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

  1. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Skyler Brind'Amour no longer committed to Michigan State. Looks like he may be heading to Quinnipiac.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  2. #282
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Skyler Brind'Amour no longer committed to Michigan State. Looks like he may be heading to Quinnipiac.
    Good for QU, bummer for MSU. There seem to be some swings&misses on legacy players.

  3. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,493

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Good for QU, bummer for MSU. There seem to be some swings&misses on legacy players.
    He definitely needs another season of junior hockey whether it be back in the BCHL or try to make the Fargo Force.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  4. #284
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    He definitely needs another season of junior hockey whether it be back in the BCHL or try to make the Fargo Force.
    His development path is rather curious. I don't think I've seen a kid drafted more than two full seasons before his first projected college season. That would normally be a red flag to me that he may not end up here.

  5. #285
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    962

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Add Windsor on October 7 and U18 on December 15

  6. #286
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Haaaaaay Christian Krygier on the board.


    (edit)
    Haaaaaay again Cole
    Last edited by owslachief; 06-23-2018 at 02:58 PM.

  7. #287
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,361

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Along with Mattson, this gives us 3 NHL draftees for this season. Much better than our current number of 0. A little surprised none of the KHL line had their name called.

  8. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Along with Mattson, this gives us 3 NHL draftees for this season. Much better than our current number of 0. A little surprised none of the KHL line had their name called.
    I think Hirose is too old but last season he did skate at Torontoís prospect development camp. Khodorenko may have skated with an organization as well but iím not sure.

    But yes, I suppose it is a little surprising. Iím willing to be selfish and say that if it helps keep them at MSU longer then I wonít lose any sleep over it.

  9. #289
    Hockey fan with an MSU bias
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    According to Danton Cole on Tim Staudt's radio show the other day the KHL line will be intact for next year.

    He also talked about the new overtime rules...Apparently everyone in the NCAA is going to just a 5on5 5 minute overtime next year with no shoot outs. Ties will be a thing again in the Big Ten. Didn't sound like Cole and other Big Ten coaches were too keen on this change. He wanted OT to mimic the NHL I believe.

  10. #290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by gomsuman View Post
    According to Danton Cole on Tim Staudt's radio show the other day the KHL line will be intact for next year.

    He also talked about the new overtime rules...Apparently everyone in the NCAA is going to just a 5on5 5 minute overtime next year with no shoot outs. Ties will be a thing again in the Big Ten. Didn't sound like Cole and other Big Ten coaches were too keen on this change. He wanted OT to mimic the NHL I believe.
    Iím ok with the change but I wish OT would be 4x4 or 3x3. I am fine with ties.

    Shootouts were fun but I do not think they should decide what could be important games. Weíve never really had to worry about it because MSU has been far enough down in the standings consistently that the extra point doesnít matter. Itís dumb to lose out on crucial league positioning because you lost a shootout back in November.

    Also, shootouts made league standings too convoluted.

  11. #291
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Iím ok with the change but I wish OT would be 4x4 or 3x3. I am fine with ties.

    Shootouts were fun but I do not think they should decide what could be important games. Weíve never really had to worry about it because MSU has been far enough down in the standings consistently that the extra point doesnít matter. Itís dumb to lose out on crucial league positioning because you lost a shootout back in November.

    Also, shootouts made league standings too convoluted.
    I'm curious about the new sub rules. Is there going to be a 5-foot line outside the benches? What kind of supersharp-eyed official will be needed to judge 5 feet otherwise? If puck hits sub'd player when he's within 5 feet after subbing player hits the ice, is that too many men?

  12. #292
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,361

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I think Hirose is too old but last season he did skate at Toronto’s prospect development camp. Khodorenko may have skated with an organization as well but i’m not sure.

    But yes, I suppose it is a little surprising. I’m willing to be selfish and say that if it helps keep them at MSU longer then I won’t lose any sleep over it.
    Hirose was at Detroit's camp last weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    I'm curious about the new sub rules. Is there going to be a 5-foot line outside the benches? What kind of supersharp-eyed official will be needed to judge 5 feet otherwise? If puck hits sub'd player when he's within 5 feet after subbing player hits the ice, is that too many men?
    IIHF (and maybe the NHL) has the same rule. It's just an eyeball that seems to get some leeway.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    Go State! Beat Wisconsin
    6-7-1 (2-3-1-1, t-5th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  13. #293
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Hirose was at Detroit's camp last weekend.



    IIHF (and maybe the NHL) has the same rule. It's just an eyeball that seems to get some leeway.
    For sure the NHL. There you have it I suppose leeway is used to determine what is "accidental".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •