Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 293

Thread: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

  1. #241
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,552

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    For sure DeRidder, Cesana, Mattson.
    Very likely Wishman
    And probably 1 or 2 more forwards. Stachowiak and Lombardi might be the most likely, but there are several more possibilities to fill very few spots.
    Is this the Stachowiak that if you tried to sound out his first name like it's spelled, it would never be right, but if he says it, sounds perfectly normal? That one? Never saw that he committed but OK cool.

  2. #242
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,552

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    MSU's 4th 2021 recruit is D David Gucciardi from Don Mills Academy.

  3. #243
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Team awards:

    Distinguished Spartan Award – Jim Slater
    Ron Mason MVP – Taro Hirose
    Spartan Shield Award – Butrus Ghafari
    Bill Burgess Outstanding Senior – Carson Gatt
    Outstanding Offensive Player – Taro Hirose
    Dr. John Downs Outstanding Defensive Player – Carson Gatt
    Amo Bessone Award – Brennan Sanford
    Most Improved Player – Patrick Khodorenko
    Outstanding Rookie – Mitchell Lewandowski
    Spartan Fitness Award – Patrick Khodorenko, Logan Lambdin, Zach Osburn
    Steve Swistak Memorial Scholarship – Sam Saliba
    Blue Line Club President’s Award – Carson Gatt
    Goofus Award – Jake Smith
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  4. #244
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I'm hoping to get 3 seasons out of him.

    I'm curious to see who shows up as freshmen next year. There are far more recruits slotted for 2018 than spaces available.
    According to College Hockey Inc, there's seven commits for four spots. Heisenberg has 11.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  5. #245
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Is this the Stachowiak that if you tried to sound out his first name like it's spelled, it would never be right, but if he says it, sounds perfectly normal? That one? Never saw that he committed but OK cool.
    Wojciech Stachowiak..I’ll let you do the pronouncing of the first name. Switched from the DNL to Central Illinois in USHL. 6’1” 187 from Poland. Had 9 goals in 38 games after dominating in DNL.

    Heisenberg has him coming this year...we should know soon...

  6. #246
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,552

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Team awards:

    Distinguished Spartan Award – Jim Slater
    Ron Mason MVP – Taro Hirose
    Spartan Shield Award – Butrus Ghafari
    etc ...
    Thanks! I wandered in here looking to see who went to the banquet. How was the food?

  7. #247
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,552

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    Wojciech Stachowiak..I’ll let you do the pronouncing of the first name. Switched from the DNL to Central Illinois in USHL. 6’1” 187 from Poland. Had 9 goals in 38 games after dominating in DNL.

    Heisenberg has him coming this year...we should know soon...
    So my Polish colleague says it's Vo-Check. OK, good hockey name.

  8. #248
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Thanks! I wandered in here looking to see who went to the banquet. How was the food?
    Oh, I didn't go. That was just copied from the Athletics website.

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    How was the food?
    I'm guessing the typical Hooters fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    466

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Sparty gets a commitment from the Krygier twins. Both had been committed to Wisconsin. They plan to enter school this fall

  11. #251
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
    Sparty gets a commitment from the Krygier twins. Both had been committed to Wisconsin. They plan to enter school this fall
    That's 13 commits now. We're gonna have to scratch ten guys a night at this rate.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  12. #252
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    That's 13 commits now. We're gonna have to scratch ten guys a night at this rate.
    With the addition of Christian and Cole, there is no way there will be room for every verbal. Cole’s recruiting style certainly appears much different from Anastos. Cole looks to be loading up with lots of prospects, but only taking some each year that he feels will help improve the team...the others can wait or more likely go elsewhere. Defense should be deeper and stronger next year.

    Now, if we can put together a second scoring line we can be a pretty good team.

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by wsummers View Post
    With the addition of Christian and Cole, there is no way there will be room for every verbal. Cole’s recruiting style certainly appears much different from Anastos. Cole looks to be loading up with lots of prospects, but only taking some each year that he feels will help improve the team...the others can wait or more likely go elsewhere. Defense should be deeper and stronger next year.

    Now, if we can put together a second scoring line we can be a pretty good team.
    Cole definitely will have to dish out some hard truths to both commits and possibly current players. We are way, way overloaded right now.

    While Anastos' vow to stay committed to Comley recruits was admirable I think we can all agree it was not the best way to build a program. Cole looks willing to be far more business-like which while seeming a little callous is probably the best route to getting back to winning hockey.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 04-26-2018 at 06:29 PM.

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
    Sparty gets a commitment from the Krygier twins. Both had been committed to Wisconsin. They plan to enter school this fall
    I'm curious as to why they flipped. They look pretty young. Perhaps Granato wanted another year of juniors out of them and they want to start their college career? Maybe MSU is just so hot right now?

  15. #255
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I'm curious as to why they flipped. They look pretty young. Perhaps Granato wanted another year of juniors out of them and they want to start their college career? Maybe MSU is just so hot right now?
    Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  16. #256

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,358

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...dd634cc70.html

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.
    What academics?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  18. #258
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Make it 14. Picked up forward Adam Goodsir. Was committed to Denver.

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Make it 14. Picked up forward Adam Goodsir. Was committed to Denver.
    We've got 15, my question is where are all these going to end up? We don't have room for them, as of now.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  20. #260
    Section T since 1978
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    DeWitt, MI, USA
    Posts
    935

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Make it 14. Picked up forward Adam Goodsir. Was committed to Denver.
    Yup, 4 flips to MSU in a single year. I can't ever remember more than one in a year in the past. Looks like these are guys who liked MSU, but not the previous coach...along with the promise of more playing time sooner here. This looks to be shaping up to a bigger change year than many of us expected (but hoped for)...a goaltender, 3 (or 4?) defensemen, and 2 (or 3?) forwards to fill 3 (at this time) outgoing positions. Cole said last year he was a couple of forwards short from what he'd like, but was holding the spots for better players. I expect 1-2 current players to be cut to give MSU a roster of 8 defensemen, 15-16 forwards, and 3 goalies.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •