Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 293

Thread: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

  1. #201
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,757

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Was that the reason it wasn't called? I figured it was because the puck was in the air and not physically on the crease, but it certainly looked like he grabbed the puck and threw it out.
    It's the second straight week that one of their defensemen grabbed and threw a puck. They readily admitted they're coached to do that after the Friday night win over Wisconsin.

  2. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    There are instances where there were people ignored, and that's definitely on the department. But it is wholly inaccurate to call the doctor an employee of the department. And with HIPAA rules, by law the department could not find out about it unless the patient waives those rights. That's the very difficult thing to deal with. Unfortunately, in the instances where they WERE informed, nothing happened to stop it.


    In essence, this would be the same as a worker for a construction company hired by the athletic department committing crimes. To blame an entire department for all of that is nothing but vindictive and opportunistic.
    You're wrong and you know it. Most people on spartys campus knew that Nassar was a creep. Still they did nothing about it, even when his crimes were reported. It was all conveniently swept under the rug. Just like a Penn State. I am in no way trying to make you feel worse about this occurrence, just the Nassar thing itself was bad enough. I'm telling you, and have been telling everyone for years that sexual deviance is in the climate in east landfill. Nassar was fine after he graduated from Michigan, it's only after he received his D.O. (I am not a fan of D.O.'s but I do believe in "parts" of their philosophy) and became an EMPLOYEE of sparty when he turned creepy. I mean look at the 16 or 17 sparty football players who were involved in sexual cases since Dantonio took over. Look at how the Appling/Payne rape "disappeared" after Izzo got involved. Look at, I think it was Rucker, who absolutely destroyed one of your hockey players because he was talking to his girl. Look at Rather Hall. Etc.

    Yes things will unfortunately happen on college campuses. I'll even name a few of Michigan's more high profile incidents. Steven Kampher being body-slammed outside of the Residence Hall by a wrestler. The wrestler whose name escapes me at the moment but was from the state of ohio, was immediately booted out of The University. As a side note Kampher was later attacked by two sparty hockey players (Corey Tropp and Andrew Conboy- I'm sure that you remember) a couple of months later. There was, I think Boubacar Cissoko (not entirely sure) who committed multiple crimes but was later booted off of the team. Frank Clark who was also dismissed. Actually Hoke brought several bad news guys to Michigan. But closer to the Nassar epidemic was Gibbons, still nowhere near it but not good the same. I fully blame Rich Clod for not revealing what had actually happened back when he was here. Hoke later found out about it, looked for more information, apparently the administration dropped the ball on the incident because Rich Clod covered it up, and then Hoke finally took action. I still partially blame Hoke for letting Gibbons play in the Iowa game but at least he did take action. I'm also ashamed of the Admins review process for these types of incidents but the good news is policie have been adjusted for the better.

    But simply saying that it happens everywhere is not an excuse. It is unforgivable regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    It's the second straight week that one of their defensemen grabbed and threw a puck. They readily admitted they're coached to do that after the Friday night win over Wisconsin.
    You are allowed to do that in the defensive zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  4. #204
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,757

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    You are allowed to do that in the defensive zone.
    Flat out wrong.

    Rule 618 | Handling Puck with Hands
    (a) Play shall be stopped and a last play face-off shall occur anytime a player (except the goalkeeper) closes his hand on the puck and does not immediately drop the puck to the ice.

  5. #205
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,757

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Most people on spartys campus knew that Nassar was a creep. Still they did nothing about it, even when his crimes were reported.

    Nassar was fine after he graduated from Michigan, it's only after he received his D.O. and became an EMPLOYEE of sparty when he turned creepy.
    You've said some ridiculous stuff before, but this has to be the topper. So he was fine there, but it was his move to East Lansing that turned him? You are sick and warped.

  6. #206
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,219

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Just ignore him. He's either a troll or someone who so fully embodies the stereotype that there's no sense in trying to have a discussion. Heck, he even annoys other UM posters.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Flat out wrong.

    Rule 618 | Handling Puck with Hands
    (a) Play shall be stopped and a last play face-off shall occur anytime a player (except the goalkeeper) closes his hand on the puck and does not immediately drop the puck to the ice.
    But hands were never closed on the puck, batting and closing your hand on the puck are two totally different things. I was at both games in question (admittedly I didn't see Saturday's play in person as my vantage point was obscured by players.) I was on that Blue line where the Wisconsin play occured. Dancs batted the puck out of the zone as he was on the blue line which we all know is in when exiting the zone. Both replays confirmed this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wypcnPTPcc

    1:44:00


    I couldn't locate the Dancs (at least I think it was Dancs) bat against Wisconsin but trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  8. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    You've said some ridiculous stuff before, but this has to be the topper. So he was fine there, but it was his move to East Lansing that turned him? You are sick and warped.

    Prove me wrong. I typed a full explanation. Prove me wrong. Covering your ears and screaming I'm not listening doesn't make it untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  9. #209
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Who's ready for awkward senior night?

    ok maybe save one

    At any rate, looks like we're going back to the pre-game ceremony format. We'll see how important it is for DC to play the two guys that don't normally get the call.

  10. #210
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,219

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Who's ready for awkward senior night?

    ok maybe save one

    At any rate, looks like we're going back to the pre-game ceremony format. We'll see how important it is for DC to play the two guys that don't normally get the call.
    Game is sold out, hopefully it's a good environment.

    I would think Minney gets the nod. It's not the last game of the regular season so it's not going to kill momentum going into the playoffs if things go wrong. On the other hand, we have ND next weekend, so maybe it could. I guess we'll see.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  11. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Game is sold out, hopefully it's a good environment.

    I would think Minney gets the nod. It's not the last game of the regular season so it's not going to kill momentum going into the playoffs if things go wrong. On the other hand, we have ND next weekend, so maybe it could. I guess we'll see.
    I think Minney gets the nod. It's not as if he's unproven. He has struggled this season but it's not entirely his fault.

    We played a fantastic game tonight, by the way.

  12. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    A Squared
    Posts
    165

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I think Minney gets the nod. It's not as if he's unproven. He has struggled this season but it's not entirely his fault.

    We played a fantastic game tonight, by the way.
    Nice win tonight. Michigan fans appreciated it as well. You guys have played Penn State tough this year.

    I really can't wait for the time when MSU and UM are both top 10 again and the games are must see. Those were the days.
    Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

  13. #213
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I think Minney gets the nod. It's not as if he's unproven. He has struggled this season but it's not entirely his fault.

    We played a fantastic game tonight, by the way.
    Was a great effort, pretty much start to finish. Penn State was the team winless in 7, but MSU came out looking ornery. Began with defense, which looked solid.

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    369

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Well, Saturday was a mixed bag. That 2nd period was terrible. We were getting beat everywhere. But, momentum and game flow are curious things and the 3rd was a complete 180. It's strange one team can look so much faster one period and so much slower the next. We didn't win but I am glad we went out swinging hard. It was very exciting. If not for the most ill timed too many men penalty I think there was a good chance we were tying that game.

    I have some gripes regarding the senior night ceremony . I feel that they are spending less time and energy on these every year. I remember years ago, players used to skate all the way around the boards and they wouldn't start the next bio until they finished their skate and got to center ice. Now they haven't even passed the student section before the next bio begins. What's the rush? There were 3 this year. It finished in literally 5 minutes. They also didn't play Shadows for them to conclude the ceremony. That part always felt the most touching. I guess it just felt to me as if it was treated as a formality as opposed to an actual celebration of our seniors.

    Oh, also, it was good to see Minney finish strong at home. He didn't get the win but he held us in that thing with several huge and timely saves.
    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-19-2018 at 09:57 AM.

  15. #215
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,219

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    I'd have to guess we go Lethemon tonight since we'd want to give him some confidence going into the playoffs, but Minney has put together a decent game and a half.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  16. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    369

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Solid end to the regular season, I'd say.

  17. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Any thoughts on first round playoff down here?
    Only a fool wouldn't think your team isn't dangerous and you've certainly proved yourself against us the last time we met but now we have a best of 3 on our ice.
    We'll be playing to keep a favorable Pairwise and will most likely have a postseason regardless while Michigan State is playing for their only chance to continue their season. If that isn't enough to motivate your team then I don't know what is.

  18. #218
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    Well, Saturday was a mixed bag. That 2nd period was terrible. We were getting beat everywhere. But, momentum and game flow are curious things and the 3rd was a complete 180. It's strange one team can look so much faster one period and so much slower the next. We didn't win but I am glad we went out swinging hard. It was very exciting. If not for the most ill timed too many men penalty I think there was a good chance we were tying that game.

    I have some gripes regarding the senior night ceremony . I feel that they are spending less time and energy on these every year. I remember years ago, players used to skate all the way around the boards and they wouldn't start the next bio until they finished their skate and got to center ice. Now they haven't even passed the student section before the next bio begins. What's the rush? There were 3 this year. It finished in literally 5 minutes. They also didn't play Shadows for them to conclude the ceremony. That part always felt the most touching. I guess it just felt to me as if it was treated as a formality as opposed to an actual celebration of our seniors.
    Curiously, Mr. Cole didn't seem to recall Shadows being an integral part of Spartan hockey tradition. Whether this translates to the band's program or not, hard to say.

  19. #219
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

    Wonders if 55 will be back.

  20. #220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    Wonders if 55 will be back.
    Boy, I hope so. That line is going to be dynamite next season if they stick together.

    Overall, I'm pleased with how the season went. I saw a number of improvements from a team younger and less experienced than any of Anastos'. This will definitely be a process, likely years long. I think this roster could possibly catch fire as the majority become upperclassmen but building a stable, consistent winner is going to take a while. The old shine our program had is pretty tarnished and will likely be of little help to Cole at this point but I think he is the guy to get it done.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •