No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    If I'm a "fuddy duddy" for taking pride in the reputation of the hockey program I've supported for 15 years and the school I send my kids/money to and Tsongas Center as a safe, family-friendly destination then so be it. I don't like Lowell being the butt of jokes.

Tsongas Center isn't private land where you get a pass the 1st time. Your ticket is a revocable license to be in the building. If a representative of Mgt. asks you to leave for disorderly conduct and you refuse, you are trespassing. Read the back of your ticket.

Attributing Saturday's win to this incident in any way is absurd.

Don't be surprised when it happens again since word is out that you can become a social media celeb by acting like an jerk off at Tsongas with no consequences.
    Ok, so do we kick out the kid who on Friday night ran down to the glass in front of my seat . Pulled out a shot of booze. Then drank it with the ice as a backdrop while his buddy recorded it for his Snapchat story? He wasn't 21 he committed a crime. I thought it was funny I laughed.

I agreed that the kid should who jumped on the glass should be banned from Tsongas for good hence the hit him with a trespass. No need to arrest him and throw him in jail for the night. What a god **** waste of taxpayers dollars if that were the case.

Lowell always has and will always be the butt of jokes.....

Low
    Lowest
    Lowell

We should embrace are outsider and castoff image it's how we build the roster why should the fan base not be a little more colorful?

I've heard some language coming out of Section 124 directed toward our own kids from our own fans. Not to mention the Student Chants and the fact that people can get a tad tipsy there. Family Friendly? Yeah sure it's not an NFL game but it can be an interesting experience at the rink. The way it should be.

That incident was not attributed to the win on Saturday, but it did feel like a good release for what was more so than usual chippy game.

\Scene
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Thought the guy was stupid. Was kind of embarrassed for him. There is wild and stupid. He was stupid

Comment

Nice out of conference 3-1 win against Clarkson tonight. Hausinger with 2 goals and Hernberg sounded very strong in net. Another OOC win tomorrow night and they're back to .500 and hopefully have righted the ship.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Hausinger's goal in the 3rd was pretty slick. Him and Lohin slipped behind the D on a turnover Captain T put a stretch pass right on Ryan's stick fed it to Kenny coming through the slot and he buried it back hand with a nice deke of the Clarkson goalie.

I think what impressed me the most though was Hernberg saw about 30+ shots but Clarkson only had about 4 or 5 good scoring opportunities. Lowell doing a great job stacking between the dots in their zone and forcing the SOG's to come from bad angles.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            Hausinger's goal in the 3rd was pretty slick. Him and Lohin slipped behind the D on a turnover Captain T put a stretch pass right on Ryan's stick fed it to Kenny coming through the slot and he buried it back hand with a nice deke of the Clarkson goalie.

I think what impressed me the most though was Hernberg saw about 30+ shots but Clarkson only had about 4 or 5 good scoring opportunities. Lowell doing a great job stacking between the dots in their zone and forcing the SOG's to come from bad angles.
            Agree, the team did a real nice job in their own end last night. I liked the aggressive start which forced Clarkson into multiple turnovers in their own zone. The Hawks had several great scoring opportunities in the first few minutes. A solid win, good energy and urgency.

Game story from the Watertown Daily Times.

Comment

I think Norm should give T Wall the start tonight against the Saints. He needs to build confidence back up. I fully expect one soft goal and then the same result we saw last night....
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

I think Norm should give T Wall the start tonight against the Saints. He needs to build confidence back up. I fully expect one soft goal and then the same result we saw last night....
                SHUT UP TURK YER AN IDIOT

Maybe it was the bad camera angle last night but Lowell made some of the goals look easy like too easy

Friars got swept by Clarkson down the road in Potsdam, Northeastern gets swept by QU

Hmmm early season panic is all for naught
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

Maybe it was the bad camera angle last night but Lowell made some of the goals look easy like too easy

Friars got swept by Clarkson down the road in Potsdam, Northeastern gets swept by QU

Yes, the ship has been fully righted and order has been restored to the universe.

Hernberg now leads all DI goalies with a .971 sv% and a .86 GAA in 4 games.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s7PW2k3GVHg

Highlights from the win^^
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      We should have auto posts in this thread every year at the same time.

X [May be more than one]- we suck. All is doomed
                      y [may be more than one]- no. this has happened before.
                      X- no. we really suck. This isn't like those seasons
                      y- they said that about season [chose one] and it turned out
                      X- no. this is different.

Then we can hit about January and all of a sudden - well, I guess they might be OK

Then end of Feb, beginning of March- Dam n we are really good!! Yay we win.

There may be a few threads to make it all play out.

I may have missed a few options but this is pretty much it~ except now we get some trolls in here once in awhile too

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Yes, the ship has been fully righted and order has been restored to the universe.

Hernberg now leads all DI goalies with a .971 sv% and a .86 GAA in 4 games.
                      January came earlier this year? I fully expect a few more blech games before things settle in.

Comment

No I fully expect a swoon at some point this season it happens to every team. I'm just glad that at this point

1. This team can still find the back of the net

2. Play the aggressive tone setting game displayed both night

3. Display good rebound control in their own zone while locking it down defensively

This weekend was a good step forward setting them up with a little confidence heading into conference play
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

No I fully expect a swoon at some point this season it happens to every team. I'm just glad that at this point

1. This team can still find the back of the net

2. Play the aggressive tone setting game displayed both night

3. Display good rebound control in their own zone while locking it down defensively

This weekend was a good step forward setting them up with a little confidence heading into conference play
                          The team played well this weekend. Waring and Burchett saw their first action as River Hawks last night. Big series with NU coming up.

Comment

The Pittsburgh Penguins have traded former River Hawk Scott Wilson to the Detroit Red Wings.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-scott-wilson/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              The Pittsburgh Penguins have traded former River Hawk Scott Wilson to the Detroit Red Wings.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-scott-wilson/

Poor guy they are hovering around Dead Wings territory right now. Pavel stuck them with a bad deal, never trust a Ruski
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Poor guy they are hovering around Dead Wings territory right now. Pavel stuck them with a bad deal, never trust a Ruski
                                Hopefully Scott will see more ice time and have a bigger role with the Wings. The Pens are loaded and Scott was a healthy scratch the past 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X