Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Whatever happened to the new practice rink they were trying to build? Apparently we're having to have some practices in Tewksbury?
    I would imagine it will only increase as the basketball teams play more and more games at the Tsongas.

Marty left. That is all the info we need

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Whatever happened to the new practice rink they were trying to build? Apparently we're having to have some practices in Tewksbury?
    That's why I never understood why Lowell fans wanted D1. Merrimack and Lowell both better off as D2 athletic departments so hockey remains #1. No other program at either school stands any chance of national relevancy on same scale.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    That's why I never understood why Lowell fans wanted D1. Merrimack and Lowell both better off as D2 athletic departments so hockey remains #1. No other program at either school stands any chance of national relevancy on same scale.
    Shhhhh. That's supposed to be a secret..... altho the XC team can do alright- they don't need a facility.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Yeah, mens soccer last year sure was irrelevant...

By your logic outside of the P5 schools no one else should be D1.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Marty left. That is all the info we need
    ????

where?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    ????

where?
    He is now the head of all the State. When he was just at UML he was pulling the strings like mad

Ugh, not much to say as evident by the lack of people chiming in. Better get on track tonight or the season is indeed looking bleak.

Lowlights - the entire game on the ice offensively and defensively. No consistency, no flow, no anything. Passes to nowhere, sticks not on the ice, and so on. You'd think they hadn't practiced the entire week as these were some of the same problems last weekend.

- still no nacho cart, must be gone. Same with the Rowdy's menu, stripped down. Concessions at Tsongas leave something to be desired overall but these two things at least made it better the last couple of seasons.

Highights - Hernberg. He better start tonight as he was a stabilizing force once he entered the game.

- the deep fried oreos
    - the drunken idiot UML student late in the third who decided to climb Omaha's bench glass and proceed to take on the entire team, ignoring the refs and staff. Finally came down and proceeded to argue with the ushers and was eventually wisked away by university police. Hope he enjoys expulsion or at the very least, suspension and a very difficult conversation with his parents and university disciplinarians.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Avni Berisha should not be seeing the ice he can't skate and can't throw around his weight around. He is dead weight out there. What the hell happened to Croix Evingson? Why is he sitting up in Section 114?

I haven't seen a good 30-45 seconds of zone time in which Lowell has been buzzing the net. We can't breakout well and I have to think this has a lot to with losing Zink and Kapla to graduation. They were great at setting the pace of play and we don't have ANYONE in the backend who can do that this year.

I'm hoping Erik Zohov's upside can be seen come 2nd semester.

Opposite Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post

- the deep fried oreos
    Wait....what??

Saw the drunken fan thing on Twitter. What caused that?

The idiot climbing the glass messed up anything kind of mindset coming into that face off.
    I thought the end of the game was hopeful. Lots of new faces and we play a weird system. I think we will start to gel soon. Last time we had this start we made it to the Playoffs (Bob Ellis made this comment )

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Wait....what??

Saw the drunken fan thing on Twitter. What caused that?
    Drugs? Who knows. Climbed the glass like a toddler trying to go over a gate.

The idiot climbing the glass messed up anything kind of mindset coming into that face off.
    I thought the end of the game was hopeful. Lots of new faces and we play a weird system. I think we will start to gel soon. Last time we had this start we made it to the Playoffs (Bob Ellis made this comment )
    No surprise it looked like he was put in handcuffs once they got him to the concourse. I was amazed at how long it took to get rid of that clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Wait....what??
    Yes, deep fried Oreos at fried dough cart.

Yay! Looked much better tonight.

Yay! Looked much better tonight.
    Agreed! Hernberg was solid in net and Evingson finally made it out of Section 114 and on to the ice with a goal and an assist (#1 star).
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Game highlights and post game interview. Norm mentions only playing 5 defensemen. Did someone get hurt?
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...es-finale.aspx

'bout time!

He is now the head of all the State. When he was just at UML he was pulling the strings like mad
    ah. so he got the billy bulger chair? perfect

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Game highlights and post game interview. Norm mentions only playing 5 defensemen. Did someone get hurt?
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...es-finale.aspx
    I didn't see Baxter out there for much of the 3rd.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Thread Information