No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

totally spaced on the start time. Tuned in to hear the post game- oops. They sounded happy anout how we played. Was it a real too many men or catching us cheating on the change?

Comment

Just got back from Hartford

Hernberg is the star today saw a lot of tough shots and stood tall when they needed him the most. D men gave him a lot of support

Didn't see too many opportunities but their best opportunity they buried and that was all we needed
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
        Just got back from Hartford

Hernberg is the star today saw a lot of tough shots and stood tall when they needed him the most. D men gave him a lot of support

Didn't see too many opportunities but their best opportunity they buried and that was all we needed
        Very happy to see that the Hawks were able to pull out the win yesterday. It must have been a pretty stressful 2nd and 3rd period for the Lowell fans. That's a pretty ugly box score regarding shots and faceoffs. I believe that's the Hawks first win at the XL Center.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...-at-uconn.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Very happy to see that the Hawks were able to pull out the win yesterday. It must have been a pretty stressful 2nd and 3rd period for the Lowell fans. That's a pretty ugly box score regarding shots and faceoffs. I believe that's the Hawks first win at the XL Center.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...-at-uconn.aspx
          Game moved pretty swiftly to be honest. But the last ten minutes of the 3rd was on edge. UCONN took the kitchen sink approach and Lowell hunkered down and tried to get out of town with 2 points.

They don't ask how they ask did you get it done?
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Game moved pretty swiftly to be honest. But the last ten minutes of the 3rd was on edge. UCONN took the kitchen sink approach and Lowell hunkered down and tried to get out of town with 2 points.

They don't ask how they ask did you get it done?
            Thanks, I was busy yesterday and couldn't make the trip to Hartford. As Monty mentioned, it's too bad they have a bit of a break in the schedule now that they're playing better.

I noticed Göransson did not play again yesterday. Is he injured? I assume Folin is ready to go as he was out for warm ups on Friday night but did not make the lineup.

Comment

Hernberg is the HE player of the week. Well deserved. Listening on the radio Saturday, Bob and Andy said Hernberg looked on top of his game early, and the way the game was going at the time they felt like it would be a one goal game going either way.

The Bentley game, on a Tuesday after 10 days off, does concern me some. I was thinking Norm might give Wall another shot in that one, but maybe not if he wants to keep Hernberg on his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Hernberg is the HE player of the week. Well deserved. Listening on the radio Saturday, Bob and Andy said Hernberg looked on top of his game early, and the way the game was going at the time they felt like it would be a one goal game going either way.

The Bentley game, on a Tuesday after 10 days off, does concern me some. I was thinking Norm might give Wall another shot in that one, but maybe not if he wants to keep Hernberg on his game.
                Ughhh tough call but I wouldn't want to put Chrissy on the bench with BU coming to town 10 days after Bentley. Now is not the time to throw him off before a yuuuugeee Hockey East weekend.

My .02 cents I would give T Wall a start during the Catamount Cup possibly the St. Lawrence game...
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

I can understand not playing a full weekend on Thanksgiving but they should have a scheduled a non-conference game for Saturday night
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

I can understand not playing a full weekend on Thanksgiving but they should have a scheduled a non-conference game for Saturday night
                    Against who? All of the other teams on their non-conference schedule this season already have games that night except St. Lawrence, and they had to play them and Clarkson up there this season, so that was out too.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Against who? All of the other teams on their non-conference schedule this season already have games that night except St. Lawrence, and they had to play them and Clarkson up there this season, so that was out too.
                      I sympathize a bit about no game this weekend but it’s mostly because I’m home.

However, scheduling isn’t an easy thing to do.

—-

That being said... what does the future non-conf lol like? Any details or does norm keep that to himself?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        I sympathize a bit about no game this weekend but it’s mostly because I’m home.

However, scheduling isn’t an easy thing to do.

—-

That being said... what does the future non-conf lol like? Any details or does norm keep that to himself?
                        I just hope Arizona State is out of the picture

Anyone else remember the year Lowell tried to host a holiday tournament in 99-00? I think the UCONN game was actually the last time I went to a game before I transferred back to go ULowell later in the decade. IIRC Lowell put up 10+ goals on UCONN

They should try that again
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

I just hope Arizona State is out of the picture
                          I would imagine the Hawks are done with ASU, Omaha, Clarkson & St Lawrence after this season unless they have an agreement for more than a home and home. I thought Denver still owed Lowell a visit? I wonder if they'll continue to play AIC and Bentley on a regular basis?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

For selfish reasons I am glad there is no game this weekend. First time in years we have Thanksgiving where mr les is home on Thanksgiving morning.

Also- we have been pretty banged up. A little down time can't hurt that.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              I would imagine the Hawks are done with ASU, Omaha, Clarkson & St Lawrence after this season unless they have an agreement for more than a home and home. I thought Denver still owed Lowell a visit? I wonder if they'll continue to play AIC and Bentley on a regular basis?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                              I heard when Denver changed coaches that deal went away (we got paid off)
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                I heard when Denver changed coaches that deal went away (we got paid off)
                                What is Jim Montgomery so salty about? They came out east this year to play BC/BU

Happy Thanksgiving!
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X