Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 337

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

  1. #301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    334

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s
    Thanks for posting the link. Looks to me like Master was trying to pull up, not launch through the goalie. Neither goalie hits warranted a misconduct or a suspension as they obviously weren't intentional or particularly dangerous. Primeau should have been called for embellishment. Acted like he'd been shot by a gun instead of bumped by an elbow. I fell for it as he laid motionless even saying to my daughter "Oh no, he's out cold, I hope he's OK." 5000 Lowell fans were genuinely concerned for him but no one around me knew exactly what happened. Now I've seen the replay for what it was: drama show.

  2. #302

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,067

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Did you watch? Even Jimmy Connolly, a UML grad, wasn't giving him an excuse in his commentating. That is how people get really hurt. .
    After seeing the replays I have no problem with either call. Sodergren sticks his elbow/shoulder out and catches Primeau head. Master makes no attempt to avoid Primeau. Bad decisions by both players.

  3. #303
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28,335

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Well, this is how come eyewitness accounts are so useless in court. 2 different people watching the same thing, seeing totally different events. The overhead views are pretty tellingfor the first hit. I thought the first one was acting but mr les says the overhead view was ugly to watch and it was a nasty elbow. Watching I would concur. Not sure how you could think Master tried to pull up. He looked like he was out to cream the goalie. Which he did.

  4. #304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Well, this is how come eyewitness accounts are so useless in court. 2 different people watching the same thing, seeing totally different events. The overhead views are pretty tellingfor the first hit. I thought the first one was acting but mr les says the overhead view was ugly to watch and it was a nasty elbow. Watching I would concur. Not sure how you could think Master tried to pull up. He looked like he was out to cream the goalie. Which he did.
    There is a reason why Sodergren wasn't suspended by Hockey East

    The Masters hit sure like I said the jump is a little much. Still not faulting anyone for going hard to the net that's hockey. I like forwards that play with a little edge to their game. Shame because Masters and Dimo had been clicking this past weekend,

  5. #305

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,067

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Still not faulting anyone for going hard to the net that's hockey. I like forwards that play with a little edge to their game.
    I think this is something that has been lacking. I would like to see a little more physical play from the team. It seems like the Hawks don't win many battles along the walls or behind the net.

  6. #306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I think this is something that has been lacking. I would like to see a little more physical play from the team. It seems like the Hawks don't win many battles along the walls or behind the net.
    I would agree with that statement up until this past weekend. This past weekend I thought they won the battle on the boards and both nights they seemed like they had a skip in their step on 50/50 pucks. Both nights I felt like the forwards were very aggressive in going hard to the net, but I still do feel there is improvement to be made on the forecheck. We are finally getting pucks deep into zone which is a start but improvements in retaining those pucks is needed.
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  7. #307
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,620

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Interesting stat to think about regarding Tyler Wall's save percentage, Lowell's margin of defeat, and what it means pertaining to Lowell's future prognosis:

    https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...evens-mirageas

  8. #308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Interesting stat to think about regarding Tyler Wall's save percentage, Lowell's margin of defeat, and what it means pertaining to Lowell's future prognosis:

    https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...evens-mirageas
    Nice read, thanks! Hopefully it will talk a few fans back from the edge of the cliff.

  9. #309
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    8,944

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Guillaume Leclerc has left school and signed with Grenoble in the French League.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  10. #310
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Guillaume Leclerc has left school and signed with Grenoble in the French League.
    Au Revoir

    Sad that it didn't work out for him
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  11. #311
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Does anybody know if UCONN streams for free?
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  12. #312
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Who's heading down to Hartford for the Saturday game?
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  13. #313

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,067

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Guillaume Leclerc has left school and signed with Grenoble in the French League.
    Sorry to hear that, but I guess it's not a total surprise with his lack of ice time. The best of luck to Guillaume in France.

  14. #314

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,067

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch


  15. #315
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

    Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  16. #316
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

    Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
    The Lowell sun went to devens it was all done

  17. #317

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,067

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

    Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
    It is sad, I saw that too. it's the same way for most local papers now. You have to wonder how much longer some of these papers will be around.

  18. #318
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    The Lowell sun went to devens it was all done
    They print The Sun up in Portsmouth at Pease AFB now. The paper stock they use is much better, but the content is predictably the same. Makes for a good fire starter when I light up the smoker. They never built a subscription base in the Greater Lowell "suburbs" and the paying the price for it currently. Look at the Eagle-Tribune still a somewhat viable news paper serving the Suburbs of Lawrence. They do actual journalism and their local sports coverage is pretty good.
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  19. #319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    They print The Sun up in Portsmouth at Pease AFB now. The paper stock they use is much better, but the content is predictably the same. Makes for a good fire starter when I light up the smoker. They never built a subscription base in the Greater Lowell "suburbs" and the paying the price for it currently. Look at the Eagle-Tribune still a somewhat viable news paper serving the Suburbs of Lawrence. They do actual journalism and their local sports coverage is pretty good.
    And the Sun burnt a lot more bridges with the ridiculous stand they took on trying get the high school out of downtown instead of fully rehabilitating and expanding the current facility so some unnamed buddies could potentially profit by redeveloping the site down the road. All at the expense of the city's taxpayers and students who would be forced to pay for a more expensive project and make it harder for many students to get to the new school at a sitethat was partially in Tewksbury. Many now presently walk due to the central location in the community and the proposed new location on the outskirts of the city was inequitable on many levels.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  20. #320
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    66

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Does anybody know what end the Hawks shoot at twice at the HCC?
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •