No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Given the feeling on this thread and the merrimack thread, both sides seem to expect their team to lose this weekend :-)
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
      Given the feeling on this thread and the merrimack thread, both sides seem to expect their team to lose this weekend :-)
      I am excited about this weekend's series. While it was not over the top, the animosity developed by these teams this past weekend is bound to surface this weekend especially now that the stakes are higher. This thing is going 3 games.
      University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
        I am excited about this weekend's series. While it was not over the top, the animosity developed by these teams this past weekend is bound to surface this weekend especially now that the stakes are higher. This thing is going 3 games.
        I'm hoping the Hawks can put together a solid weekend of hockey. I feel like I've been saying that all season long. It looks like the weather will be nasty tomorrow which may keep some folks home.

Comment

Lowell Sun article on the senior defensemen.
          http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_317...riends-off-ice

Comment

If UML can get by Merrimack, then they take on either Northeastern (if ME beats UNH) or Providence (if UNH upsets ME). Which would be the preferred team to face in the 2nd round? I am leaning towards the Huskies.

Comment

If UML can get by Merrimack, then they take on either Northeastern (if ME beats UNH) or Providence (if UNH upsets ME). Which would be the preferred team to face in the 2nd round? I am leaning towards the Huskies.
              Northeastern as well. Especially since I can pregame at Conor Larkin's nearby and get tater tots smothered with with chili and cheese, yum!

On a sour note, Vermont was the recipient of a classic Gravellese/Hansen officiating cluster that aided in Amherst coming from down 2-0 to win 3-2 in OT. The Vermont thread is on fire.

See folks tonight, pregaming at Worthen starting around 3pm.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Hats off to Merrimack. They wanted it and they took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sigh. And to make the evening even more pleasant the Merrimack band was the next section over. They have to be the most horrifyingly bad band that has ever been in that arena. (Including elementary school bands). Good gravy. How hard is it to hit the base drum in unison during a piece of music? It was like sitting next to someone who was scraping their nails on the chalkboard all night.

Comment

Hats off to Merrimack. They wanted it and they took it.
                    That was one ugly hockey game. I'm amazed only 3 goals were scored with all the brutal turnovers by both teams. Merrimack stepped it up and the Hawks looked like they ran out of gas. Merrimack was playing to win and the Hawks were playing not to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Sigh. And to make the evening even more pleasant the Merrimack band was the next section over. They have to be the most horrifyingly bad band that has ever been in that arena. (Including elementary school bands). Good gravy. How hard is it to hit the base drum in unison during a piece of music? It was like sitting next to someone who was scraping their nails on the chalkboard all night.
                      GET OFF MY LAWN!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

well boys. do you want it? I don't think you do. two games, 120 minutes. Play your *** off. ND did that last year in the regional finals. things aren't given. Leave a legacy. Leave 60 minutes on the ice tonight. Leave it all over the rink.

Well...?
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          well boys. do you want it? I don't think you do. two games, 120 minutes. Play your *** off. ND did that last year in the regional finals. things aren't given. Leave a legacy. Leave 60 minutes on the ice tonight. Leave it all over the rink.

Well...?
                          This group doesn't have it in them. I'd be shocked if we win tonight. No desire, heart, or urgency. With the exception of Hernberg, Dmowski, and a couple others, I see nothing. And we're utterly doomed tonight if Wall comes out first.

Also amazed at the lack of conditioning. I'd throw out whatever they've been doing and start over this offseason.
                          Last edited by riverchief1; 03-03-2018, 07:48 AM.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            A travesty. Perhaps the UML bass player could join in and keep them on the beat? "Yeah, that's right, UML's band has a bass!"
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              GET OFF MY LAWN!!

Who gives a rats *** about the band

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                Who gives a rats *** about the band
                                Moi, for one. Year in year out the UML band is a joy to hear, regardless of the game quality. Plus, I get it, but an on going peeve is allowing the visitor's band to play in the home team's building during the playoffs. Screw that, the home team earned the right to have their band represent.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X