No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    That info is not completely accurate. He signed with the KRS junior team, which is in the MHL, not the KHL, and is only for players 20 years and younger. Yes, a lot of the MHL teams are affiliated with the KHL, but not all of them.

Kunlun Red star is also the team that former UML defenseman Nick Schaus currently plays for.
    Boy what a roller coaster ride for Zohovs and the Hawks. He was in Lowell this past summer for the STH cookout getting ready for the season. Then questions about his eligibility appeared in the local paper and just before school started he's dropped from the roster and was off to the USHL. Then there was talk of him arriving in Lowell for the second semester. Now he's off to the MHL and based on the reports he's no longer NCAA eligible.

Comment

IT appears there will be a free video feed of the Lowell games this weekend. The Hawks will take on Harvard and then St Lawrence, both games start at 4:00 pm.
      https://portal.stretchinternet.com/vermont/

Comment

Finally, hockey tonight!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          IT appears there will be a free video feed of the Lowell games this weekend. The Hawks will take on Harvard and then St Lawrence, both games start at 4:00 pm.
          https://portal.stretchinternet.com/vermont/
          This is exactly the news I was looking for thank you sir
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Hello Lowell hockey fans, I have been in contact with a tour group inquiring about a day trip to the Grand Canyon for those of you who are going out to Arizona in a couple of weeks. The price is $179 per person and includes a box lunch, Fees into the Park and unlimited Bottle water. It is about a four hour drive from Tempe with a couple of sight seeing spots along the way. We get to spend about three or so hours in the park being able to take pictures at different spots. We would be leaving between 6-7 in the morning and arriving home between 7:30 and 8:30pm. This would be on Thursday the 11th of January. If any one is interested please let me know asap so I can make the reservations. Hope many of you can join me. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!! P.S. YOU can contact me at beachockey@Comcast.net
            Last edited by Hockeyfan0862; 12-29-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Only caught a few minutes of the game on the free video feed, it was nice to hear Bob Ellis with the play by play. How did the team look? How about Chris Schutz who was a +3? A nice win to start the second half.

Comment

Only caught a few minutes of the game on the free video feed, it was nice to hear Bob Ellis with the play by play. How did the team look? How about Chris Schutz who was a +3? A nice win to start the second half.
                With regard to Schutz, the word I got was that "he had hustle."
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

They played a fantastic 3rd period. Shots were 13-1 a little more than midway through the 3rd, and ended 14-2. The first was so-so, as you'd expect in the 1st game after break, and the 2nd was pretty good.

Schutz never really stood out to me, but he was a +3, so obviously he was doing something right.

The video feed was originally going to have no audio, but when Bob found out, he "volunteered" to let them use his audio.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I was flipping between Lowell and the WJC so my attention was not all there

My one take away

Passing looked a lot crisper as the game went along

Still not sure how Dimo buried that one in the 3rd very nice finish by him

Also anyone know why Lohin got the misconduct in the 2nd?
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      I was flipping between Lowell and the WJC so my attention was not all there

My one take away

Passing looked a lot crisper as the game went along

Still not sure how Dimo buried that one in the 3rd very nice finish by him

Also anyone know why Lohin got the misconduct in the 2nd?
                      I forgot to ask. I wondered too.

I loved having Bob on the feed except it kept buffering so I ended up just going with the radio feed which did that a bit less.

Comment

0 for 7 on the PP with a SHG against a 2 win team?

Comment

I believe the word is hideous

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                            Thsts the season in a nut shell

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                              That included a 5 minute PP in the 2nd period. I didn't see the game so I was wondering what happened. One step forward, one step back.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                Thsts the season in a nut shell
                                Pretty much you never know what team is going to show up
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X