UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    The game is on NESN tonight. Here's the link to the NESN stream.

https://nesngo.nesn.com/
    Wow
    Mookie thought he’d be sol with that, but he is now watching Charlie Moore

Gracias
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Awfully quiet here after a nice win. I got a kick out of the giant “fathead” pictures of Norm and Dana Skinner that the students were holding up tonight.

I think one of those faces was the husband of a frequent poster here.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        Awfully quiet here after a nice win. I got a kick out of the giant “fathead” pictures of Norm and Dana Skinner that the students were holding up tonight.

Hahaha! yes, that was mr les. I got a great pic of him walking the guy off with his fathead pic looking on. Hysterical. The kid holding it recognized mr les walking across the ice and went nutso. I wish I had a better zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

I was wondering who the "other" fathead pic was - thanks for clearing that up!

Only 3 takeaways for me from that game:
          1. Glad to see the kids rebound and put together a solid effort
          2. The first UML goal when they were on the PP is one of my all-time faves. Crisp passing around the perimeter and a solid one time blast that was dead on.
          3. Never like to diss an opposing player, but #18 is a complete goon.
          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

All is fogiven for the Bentley loss and let us never talk of it again

I've said it before and I'll say it again

FEED FORNEY!

Norm splits up Kenny and Ryan good to see him do that neither has been playing spectuclar as of late. Can I ask what happened to Nik Folin? Is he hurt or just a healthy scratch?

Chucky Levsque making some plays again last night that make me think he is posied for big things. Sodergren as well he is still growing on me. The kid wants to play that is for sure loving the hop in his step last night and not shying away from taking a run at Greenway.

Tkachuk like the Tkachuks that have come before him are just guys you love to hate if they are not on your team. Hickey should have gotten 5 on that boarding call that was really reckles on his part. Was great to see the student section get on him the rest of the game. Jordan Greenway is impressive as always from a talent standpoint but wow what a punk. I guess Quinn likes his kids young and undiscplined.

Davy Boy looked like he was going to cry walking off the ice after the 3rd.

YOU **** OLD LOWELL BOYS BEATING UP ON MY 18 YEARS OLDS!!!!

HOW DARE YOU!!!

And I thought my hate for Dickie Umile would never be topped....
            Tully Rink Rat
            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              All is fogiven for the Bentley loss and let us never talk of it again

Davy Boy looked like he was going to cry walking off the ice after the 3rd.
              A quote from Quinn's post game press conference.

“We need to capitalize on our chances and we can’t take this many penalties. They had seven power plays and we had two and a half. Unreal what goes on out there that doesn’t get called and the crap that gets called. It’s unreal to me. Don’t get me going. Absolutely absurd.”
              BU offers a free feed for tonight's game.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/bu/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Quinn has the stones to complain about the refs even though that puke Hickey got away with just a minor when he should have got 5 for that hit from behind.

Typical.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Does anyone know if the bu player led off the ice at the end of the game for fighting will face any further consequences?

Comment

I'm not a fan of how far Greenway takes his rough stuff either but his biggest problem is that BU doesn't have the scorers to take advantage of the room and opportunities his style creates. As for Tkachuk, he's got to rein in his antics, too. They aren't helping his team and sooner or later someone will give him a dose of his own medicine.
                    Besides that, What did you Lowell fans have for lunch today?

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                      Does anyone know if the bu player led off the ice at the end of the game for fighting will face any further consequences?
                      No penalties were called at the end of the game.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbu_uml1.d08

Comment

BU offers a free feed for tonight's game.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/bu/

That surprised me. For sure they should have called something. Our Capt was a bone head last night. What has gotten into him? What ever it is it needs to get out. He is not showing well recently.

I can't get used to the punk (used same adjective chatting with someone last night) type stuff from BU players. Old enough to remember when they changed our laundry and don't remember that kind of stuff happening. If you are good you dno't need to do that BS. They have some really skilled players but I won't remember them for the skill so much as cheap sh1t that was happening, esp between play. (not saying our guys are angels- see above- the man wearing the C was an idiot- just I am not used to BU doing that kind of stuff).
                        Last edited by leswp1; 12-09-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

BUT BUT BUT THE REFFSSSSS!!!!!!

Guy is just full of excuses
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                            BUT BUT BUT THE REFFSSSSS!!!!!!

Guy is just full of excuses
                            Well, he started up under the tutelage of Jackie- master of ref manipulation- but I don't think he understands the skill of nuance like Jackie did

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post

EDIT: Should clarify that both of these penalties were for boarding during the game, not any scrum after.
                              Last edited by Tater; 12-09-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I couldn't believe hickey only got 2 minutes. That play is usually a guaranteed 5 in college hockey. Considering he wasn't tossed, probably why he got the game suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X