No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Lowell got some help on the out-of-town scoreboard tonight with Merrimack beating Maine in overtime and Vermont beating Providence.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Lowell got some help on the out-of-town scoreboard tonight with Merrimack beating Maine in overtime and Vermont beating Providence.
      Vermont took 3 out of 4 points from Providence this weekend. The league is crazy this season.

Former River Hawk Carter Hutton with a 1-0 shutout over Scott Wilson and the Sabres tonight.

Comment

Not giving up on home-ice for the playoffs yet. Just realized we haven't played a road playoff game since Bazin started here. That's pretty amazing.

The standings are a cluster right now. 4-6 is separated by 2 points, with BU at 22 (19 played), Maine at 21 (19) and Lowell at 20 (18). BU and Lowell have 10 wins currently, Maine has 9, which is important because Lowell split the season series against both those teams, so the next tie-breaker is wins in league play.

League games remaining:
        BU: UMass, @ UConn, @ Merrimack, UVM (2)
        Lowell: @ BC, @ UMass, @ PC, PC, @ Mack, Mack
        Maine: @ PC, @ UNH, BC, @ BC (2)

BU has the easiest remaining, Maine the toughest.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

is the school website down for anybdoy else?
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            is the school website down for anybdoy else?
            I had no problem getting in.

https://www.uml.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              I had no problem getting in.

https://www.uml.edu/
              the other one

www.goriverhawks.com

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Does anyone feel good about tonight's game?

Comment

No?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    No?
                    We can beat everybody, we can lose to everybody

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

This tweet may indicate Sean Cleary is going to be the goaltender for tonight's game:
                      https://***********/RiverHawkHockey/...14120987070465

Comment

I know it is short notice, but I have an extra ticket for tonight. If interested text me at 603 997 1989. I get to the arena at 5:30.

Comment

It wouldn't shock me if they play to the level of Almost In College
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            This tweet may indicate Sean Cleary is going to be the goaltender for tonight's game:
                            https://***********/RiverHawkHockey/...14120987070465
                            The tweet has no relevance to anything. They've put pictures of players in those tweets who were out with injuries before (Folin and Berisha earlier this season to name two). They just pick a different player to use each game.
                            Last edited by ScottK; 02-06-2018, 02:19 PM.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              The tweet has no relevance to anything. They've put pictures of players in those tweets who were out with injuries before (Folin and Berisha earlier this season to name two). They just pick a different player to use each game.
                              Good to know

Comment

Pretty blah game overall. AIC had a lot more odd-man rushes than I think Bazin would have liked. We did have a couple of breakaways of our own though.

But always good to get a win. If it wasn't for the win by UMass last night, we could have played the best and worst teams in Hockey East this weekend, instead it's #1 and #10, both on the road.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X