Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Also known as the Southern Dandaaay

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

The official misses a blatant handball in the box against Albany during regulation and then Lowell loses in 2OT.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    The official misses a blatant handball in the box against Albany during regulation and then Lowell loses in 2OT.
    Personally I was more impressed with the take-downs and grabbing I saw without a call. Last time I watched soccer you weren't supposed to do that. I guess when you grab a shirt but don't complete the act of taking it off the person it doesn't count. They should have rip away shirts. No one would have been dressed by the end. (only fair. Girls are wearing less and less.)

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Personally I was more impressed with the take-downs and grabbing I saw without a call. Last time I watched soccer you weren't supposed to do that. I guess when you grab a shirt but don't complete the act of taking it off the person it doesn't count. They should have rip away shirts. No one would have been dressed by the end. (only fair. Girls are wearing less and less.)
    Ref allowed a lot of stuff that he shouldn't have. He also didn't seem to know all the rules, which was disappointing.

Good season for the boys. Really excited about what this program is setting itself up for. Last season, win the Regulation season title. This year, lose in the Conference Title game. Remember, we're still seeing this team compete (and will for 2 more years) with kids that committed to the program knowing that there would be portions of their eligibilty wasted in regards to NCAA chances. Onward and upward Lowell soccer!

In regards to hockey, good couple of results. Still frustratingly sloppy for large chunks of the game Saturday night. I know NU is good, but passes to no one or just blind passes to no one ... yuck. Hopefully this is starting to set the stage for a turnaround for the season though.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

It really is remarkable how quickly UML's Men's soccer has ramped up to become a serious D1 program. I still can't understand how the Huskies managed to deal with your guys. We haven't had a lot of luck with our program for a while now. What exactly did your coach do to get the kind of players that he has or did he take overlooked players that he skillfully coached up?

Yes I know this is a hockey thread, but (1) it's only Monday and (2) We don't have to play you again until the semis at the Garden (hopefully in the finals).

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    It really is remarkable how quickly UML's Men's soccer has ramped up to become a serious D1 program. I still can't understand how the Huskies managed to deal with your guys. We haven't had a lot of luck with our program for a while now. What exactly did your coach do to get the kind of players that he has or did he take overlooked players that he skillfully coached up?

Yes I know this is a hockey thread, but (1) it's only Monday and (2) We don't have to play you again until the semis at the Garden (hopefully in the finals).
    And 20 minutes till we find out if they got an at large bid

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Good question. Whatever he's doing, kids are buying into the program. Including those that knew they'd never have a chance to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. He's also an alum, so that helps his recruiting I'd think.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    And 20 minutes till we find out if they got an at large bid
    Bummer, no at large bid. UNH joins Albany from the AE in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Good question. Whatever he's doing, kids are buying into the program. Including those that knew they'd never have a chance to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. He's also an alum, so that helps his recruiting I'd think.
    I have to think thereís a strong luck element in the recruiting and the northeast schools have been pulling their weight in recent years. Hockey is hard enough with the international recruiting... soccer must be mind boggling.

We want people who are going to put in the effort at all levels. You may not succeed but as long as we arenít willing to settle then we will push forward.

It also helps that thereís an ethos in the school that believes in itself... when you believe in yourself so will others

Master suspended one game, will miss Friday's home game vs. UConn.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...1/nov13hea.php
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post

Very smart

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post

..its the right decision. Hard enough sport to play as is... that elbow has gotta stay away from the head.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    ..its the right decision. Hard enough sport to play as is... that elbow has gotta stay away from the head.
    I didn't realize Master hit him with an elbow to the head.

Correct me if I'm wrong here Masters went to the box in the 3rd for Charging and ends up with the 1 game suspension

Sodergren who got the major in the 2nd for Contact to the Head is not suspended

Did I get that right?
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

i may have the 2 mixed up.. yes i believe sodergren got the elbow up.. the other kid i did not catch the replay.. but you gotta charge at the goalie with something right.. body, high stick what have you. it can only get worse. we already have 1 goalie with concussion (the guy that beat you guys twice) suffered with elbow to his head in another league gm prior.

league is trying to send a message, regardless of team.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    i may have the 2 mixed up.. yes i believe sodergren got the elbow up.. the other kid i did not catch the replay.. but you gotta charge at the goalie with something right.. body, high stick what have you. it can only get worse. we already have 1 goalie with concussion (the guy that beat you guys twice) suffered with elbow to his head in another league gm prior.

league is trying to send a message, regardless of team.
    I'm all for protecting the goalie. But if they are going to suspend someone suspend the right person.

I've always taken charging as a call they make when they have nothing else to call a.k.a he got hit too hard

But I'd like to see a replay of both. The Masters penalty happened right in front of me my seats are in that section low to ice but it looked he ran him and that was it, but I'd still like to see the actual replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I'm all for protecting the goalie. But if they are going to suspend someone suspend the right person.

I've always taken charging as a call they make when they have nothing else to call a.k.a he got hit too hard

But I'd like to see a replay of both. The Masters penalty happened right in front of me my seats are in that section low to ice but it looked he ran him and that was it, but I'd still like to see the actual replay.
    Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s

Edit - Here is the Sodergren hit as well: http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h15m31s
    Last edited by Middle Street; 11-13-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
    http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s
    That kind of goonery is not what Lowell hockey is about. Disgusted.

They got the call wrong to begin with- one of the few times I actually agree with the punishment afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    That kind of goonery is not what Lowell hockey is about. Disgusted.
    He was playing the puck which was still in the crease and went to the net hard. I'm never going to fault one of our guys for that, the jump is a little much

Looking at the Sodergren replay I don't think Primeau gets the benefit of the doubt that was a sell if I have ever seen one.

But I think the bigger issue is how do we get on the ESPN3 bandwagon. If the basketball team and soccer team are showing their games on there. Why not Hockey? Are we really that desperate for revenue steams?

He was playing the puck which was still in the crease and went to the net hard. I'm never going to fault one of our guys for that, the jump is a little much

Looking at the Sodergren replay I don't think Primeau gets the benefit of the doubt that was a sell if I have ever seen one.

But I think the bigger issue is how do we get on the ESPN3 bandwagon. If the basketball team and soccer team are showing their games on there. Why not Hockey? Are we really that desperate for revenue steams?
    Did you watch? Even Jimmy Connolly, a UML grad, wasn't giving him an excuse in his commentating. That is how people get really hurt. .

Thread Information