Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Dave Quinn's haircut costs BU more than I paid in tuition to Lowell for 4 years and a degree
    Jerry York is a nice person
    No one cheats on faceoffs as nicely as UConn
    Maine was good once
    Amherst is awful, and that isn't going to change
    Merrimack is in North Andover, so thats gotta be boring
    Northeastern still can't find a goalie
    Providence is nice people, alliance still on
    JCarter is the smartest person to graduate from UVM (let that sink in for a minute)

UNH won't win 14 games because they will lose in the (fake) first round of the playoffs to Maine.

There is a game tomorrow and we still don't have a season thread.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

According to the Concord Monitor UNH will be without Patrick Grasso this weekend.

Missing from the ice was Patrick Grasso, one of the top freshman forwards in the country last season with 20 goals and 13 assists. Grasso is dealing with a shoulder injury and has already been scratched from the lineup for the opening weekend.
    http://www.concordmonitor.com/Univer...owell-12922184

I am planning my first trip to Tsongas. Any advice/information/recommendations for seats and arena layout (sight lines, best rows, etc)? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    I am planning my first trip to Tsongas. Any advice/information/recommendations for seats and arena layout (sight lines, best rows, etc)? Thanks in advance
    I recommend the green center ice seats in either section 106 or 118 (I think they start row 5 or 6 and above). They are a little more comfortable as they are wider and cushioned. They have cup holders too. I'm not sure if the other seats in the arena have cup holders. I prefer being higher up above the glass, but I've been told sitting in the lower part of 118 you can get a good view of the video the referees review for questionable goals, etc. There's no additional charge to sit in these sections.

Are you a Maine fan? The visitor's section is in 115 and the surrounding sections. These are in a corner facing the team benches. Honestly I don't think there is a bad seat anywhere except each end if the safety net bothers you.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 10-06-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I recommend the green center ice seats in either section 106 or 118 (I think they start row 5 or 6 and above). They are a little more comfortable as they are wider and cushioned. They have cup holders too. I'm not sure if the other seats in the arena have cup holders. I prefer being higher up above the glass, but I've been told sitting in the lower part of 118 you can get a good view of the video the referees review for questionable goals, etc. There's no additional charge to sit in these sections.

Are you a Maine fan? The visitor's section is in 115 and the surrounding sections. These are in a corner facing the team benches. Honestly I don't think there is a bad seat anywhere except each end if the safety net bothers you.
    All good advice. If I were a Maine fan going to Tsongas I'd try for seats in Sec 117, rows 11-14, low # seats on the blue line in the end where Maine shoots twice.

Ryan Lohin got robbed

Croix and T Wall made the cut

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...aa-this-season

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    All good advice. If I were a Maine fan going to Tsongas I'd try for seats in Sec 117, rows 11-14, low # seats on the blue line in the end where Maine shoots twice.
    Middle Street and Fishhawk your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you!! I am looking forward to my first Tsongas experience. I have heard so many good things about the arena and unfortunately have always had something pop up that prevented me from visiting when Maine has played there. Do the sections flanking 106 & 118 also have the nicer cushioned seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Middle Street and Fishhawk your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you!! I am looking forward to my first Tsongas experience. I have heard so many good things about the arena and unfortunately have always had something pop up that prevented me from visiting when Maine has played there. Do the sections flanking 106 & 118 also have the nicer cushioned seats?
    They do not, but the all plastic seats are still comfortable in my opinion. The Tsongas also has good legroom.

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Dave Quinn's haircut costs BU more than I paid in tuition to Lowell for 4 years and a degree
    Jerry York is a nice person
    No one cheats on faceoffs as nicely as UConn
    Maine was good once
    Amherst is awful, and that isn't going to change
    Merrimack is in North Andover, so thats gotta be boring
    Northeastern still can't find a goalie
    Providence is nice people, alliance still on
    JCarter is the smartest person to graduate from UVM (let that sink in for a minute)

UNH won't win 14 games because they will lose in the (fake) first round of the playoffs to Maine.

There is a game tomorrow and we still don't have a season thread.
    lol@ the title thread. I just noticed it.

Granted he's a transfer, but Chris Schutz will be a 23 year old Freshman when he takes the ice next semester.

Wilson makes it 1-0 on what sounds like a mediocre powerplay

Well that sounded heartbreaking

Also known as the Southern Dandaaay

Woof.

Some good. More bad. Lots to work on.

Can't disappear for an entire period and expect to win. We're gonna see some lineup changes tomorrow.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Well that sounded heartbreaking
    A tough way to lose but I think the correct team won tonight. Give UNH credit they played well and looked quicker and faster than the Hawks. Wake up call for the team. They'll have their hands full tomorrow night at the Whitt.

Game highlights and postgame press conference:
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...on-opener.aspx
    Last edited by boblav1; 10-07-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Where my dogsies at?

Season's over people*. They lost to UNH... let that sink in. And here's an idea, how about we stop with the banner ceremonies. Last time they had a big ceremony, Lowell was #1 in the country and they lost to Sacred Heart. UNH was faster and stronger all night, Lowell's D was just standing around in their zone for most of the night.

*I reserve the right to swap to saying Lowell's going to Minneapolis if they win tonight.

Is anyone heading to Durham tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I am considering it.

BTW, that highlights package was very good. I hope the school keeps it up.

Few takes from last night

1 stretch pass the entire game Lohin couldn't corral it, but they seem to be moving away from the reliance on the stretch pass. Or, it could be related to the fact they struggled to establish their transition game which has always been a quality of the Bazin era Hawks. Entering and establishing the zone during Power Play time was a significant problem last night. As was puck retention in the attack zone. Not having man sitting at the top of zone along the boards during the 3rd period Power Play showed a lack of discipline. But I do think a big part of that is due to the loss of Zink and Kapla and their offense first mentality.

Did it feel like Norm was skating a 4 man roto on the D lines? Matty G. was a -3 and Tyler was a -2 not a good look for our "top" pairing.

On the sheet they won faceoffs 42-34 but I felt like Lowell lost A LOT of draws in the attacking zone.

More physicality is going to be needed in the Lowell zone in regards to clearing out opposing players from the front of the net

I think Connor Wilson is in for a YUUUGE year and Lohin is going to turn heads around the league, but I was most encouraged but Levesque has high skill offensively and made a great play along the boards last night stripping UNH of the puck in their own zone, more of that please.

I see you guys must have a soft spot for the Umile quest for 600. Such good sportsmanship....

Where my dogsies at?

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Nah, the game is on ESPN3

Thread Information