UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
    The Lowell sun went to devens it was all done

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      Levesque leaves: After practice Tuesday, Bazin said sophomore Guillaume Leclerc has left school and returned to his native France, where he will play pro hockey.

Do they even have a sports editor at the Sun anymore? Their ULowell coverage is abysmal
      It is sad, I saw that too. it's the same way for most local papers now. You have to wonder how much longer some of these papers will be around.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
        The Lowell sun went to devens it was all done
        They print The Sun up in Portsmouth at Pease AFB now. The paper stock they use is much better, but the content is predictably the same. Makes for a good fire starter when I light up the smoker. They never built a subscription base in the Greater Lowell "suburbs" and the paying the price for it currently. Look at the Eagle-Tribune still a somewhat viable news paper serving the Suburbs of Lawrence. They do actual journalism and their local sports coverage is pretty good.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

They print The Sun up in Portsmouth at Pease AFB now. The paper stock they use is much better, but the content is predictably the same. Makes for a good fire starter when I light up the smoker. They never built a subscription base in the Greater Lowell "suburbs" and the paying the price for it currently. Look at the Eagle-Tribune still a somewhat viable news paper serving the Suburbs of Lawrence. They do actual journalism and their local sports coverage is pretty good.
          And the Sun burnt a lot more bridges with the ridiculous stand they took on trying get the high school out of downtown instead of fully rehabilitating and expanding the current facility so some unnamed buddies could potentially profit by redeveloping the site down the road. All at the expense of the city's taxpayers and students who would be forced to pay for a more expensive project and make it harder for many students to get to the new school at a sitethat was partially in Tewksbury. Many now presently walk due to the central location in the community and the proposed new location on the outskirts of the city was inequitable on many levels.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Does anybody know what end the Hawks shoot at twice at the HCC?
            Tully Rink Rat
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

Stub Hub has tickets for half price for Saturday afternoon

See you in Hartford
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

2014 was the last time we beat UConn? ***?
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  2014 was the last time we beat UConn? ***?
                  Hoping for better results this weekend now that pita Tage Thompson is gone.
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Does anybody know what end the Hawks shoot at twice at the HCC?
                    Unless something changed recently, Lowell should be shooting twice in front of sections 121 & 122. The place is huge and I've had little trouble moving to other empty seats around the arena.

Comment

A few stretches of sloppy play tonight, but they beat a team they should beat

Levesque's goal is now in the running for best goal of the year talk about a snipe shot
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

• A nice win as Lowell continues to get their act together, making steady progress in their climb up the HE standings.

Levesque continues to impress while it's great to see Dmowski starting to really assert himself and Edwardh get two goals as he's been snake bit as of late. Hernberg is the clear #1 until circumstances dictate a change. Wall probably starts the Bentley game but other than that, stick with Hernberg.
                        Last edited by riverchief1; 11-18-2017, 10:56 AM.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Wooohooo! Paul Hogan- XC- ran in DI Nationals today. Proud alum who was here when we had no track and were DII.

There was a pile up in front of him at the start and he still ran 80th with ahuge PR (if the stats online are correct)

Comment

Great job by Paul Hogan. So much fun to start seeing Lowell on the national stage outside of hockey.

Speaking of ... after tonight, Lowell has only one game in the next 20 days till they play BU. We've played the most HE games so far, so fourth place isn't bad, but teams have some games in hand on us. Remarkable that we're in mid-November, and have played almost half the Hockey East schedule already.
                            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Still scoreless in the second, but Lowell has picked up their 2nd Too Many Men penalty tonight, and that makes three for the weekend. I hate taking dumb penalties, and this is definitely that.

And while I was typing that, Lowell scored. Wilson with the goal.
                              Monty

Comment

1-0 is nice, but two too many men penalties is not so good
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X