Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    BC just got shutout on Monday, I expect they will come out flying Friday.
    The same for Amherst on Saturday night. They looked fast and quick when they played at Lowell. They'll be tough on the big ice and I'm sure they'll be determined to finally get a win against the Hawks. Both teams will be playing their third game in five days.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    The same for Amherst on Saturday night. They looked fast and quick when they played at Lowell. They'll be tough on the big ice and I'm sure they'll be determined to finally get a win against the Hawks. Both teams will be playing their third game in five days.
    Ya them river hawks are one fast team

2 time Pick-em contest winner

Amherst looked fast that game but the main thing for them is they do not play any defense.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Just because I find stuff like this interesting ...

Since December started, Lowell is 6-0 on Friday nights, outscoring opponents 24-8 in that time frame. On Saturday's, they are 1-5, outscored 30-16.

In that same stretch (now including AIC), they're 5-0 at home, 24 GF 7 GA. On the road, they're 2-5, 15 GF 26 GA, and they're 1-1 in neutral site games (5-5 goals).

Basically, we win at home and on Friday nights. Saturday nights apparently aren't for fighting anymore. This doesn't bode well for two road games.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Just because I find stuff like this interesting ...

Since December started, Lowell is 6-0 on Friday nights, outscoring opponents 24-8 in that time frame. On Saturday's, they are 1-5, outscored 30-16.

In that same stretch (now including AIC), they're 5-0 at home, 24 GF 7 GA. On the road, they're 2-5, 15 GF 26 GA, and they're 1-1 in neutral site games (5-5 goals).

Basically, we win at home and on Friday nights. Saturday nights apparently aren't for fighting anymore. This doesn't bode well for two road games.
    Let's hope the next class is an improvement

Tonight's game at BC can be seen online at ESPN3 at 7:00 pm.

Other Hockey East games on TV tonight:
    UConn @ Northeastern - NESN - 7:00 pm
    Maine @ Providence - NESN Plus - 7:00 pm

Unbelievable....two brutal turnovers cost Lowell tonight. BC wins it with 6 seconds left in overtime 3-2.

Quite the gift at end of ot...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Quite the gift at end of ot...thanks
    The gift on the second BC goal wasn't bad either.

Lowell down to 7th place in the Hockey East standings as UConn moves ahead of them with a win over Northeastern tonight.

Game highlights:
    https://youtu.be/NEAb-HY5CCo

A tough way to lose as the team played well and deserved better. A bad penalty by Nick Master tonight resulting in 5 minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Hopefully he'll be available tomorrow night.
    Last edited by boblav1; 02-09-2018 at 10:48 PM.

The gift on the second BC goal wasn't bad either.
    Plenty of gifts with this team let's hope for the best

BC controlled the OT but nobody saw that ending coming. Certainly appeared the game was over.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    BC controlled the OT but nobody saw that ending coming. Certainly appeared the game was over.
    Yes. Lowell had the momentum until BC tied it up on the first turnover. After that I thought BC carried the play. Woll made some huge saves in that first period to keep the game scoreless.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Plenty of gifts with this team let's hope for the best
    Let's hope the team can get over last night's tough loss and take care of business tonight.

Let's hope the team can get over last night's tough loss and take care of business tonight.
    So much for taking care of business. I didn't see the game, how bad was it?

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

So much for taking care of business. I didn't see the game, how bad was it?
    UMass gives up more goals per game than anyone in Hockey East, and they shut Lowell out tonight. Need I say any more?
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

that's why they play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    UMass gives up more goals per game than anyone in Hockey East, and they shut Lowell out tonight. Need I say any more?
    Now we know why so many d coming this group of seniors poop

Ugly. Just f'in ugly.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Go 'cats!

You guys are killing me. UMA, seriously? On the bright side, if the season ended today, you's be hosting UNH in the first round.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Thread Information