Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 819

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

  1. #381
    Support UML Hockey
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    315

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Happy Birthday MaryK!
    Thanks Les and Bob!

  2. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,836

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Found this gem on the BU thread from a game recap last weekend when BU/BC played each other. Looks like we'll be in for more of Quinn's whining this weekend. Poor Quinn, corners the market on NHL draft picks yet still complains -

    “It was an exciting BU-BC hockey game,” said BU coach David Quinn. “It was an age-appropriate game for both teams. We’re both a lot of the same age [younger] kids, which doesn’t happen too often. So there’s probably a lot more room [due to mistakes] than either team is accustomed. I think that’s why you saw so much scoring and so many of the chances.”
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  3. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    796

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Found this gem on the BU thread from a game recap last weekend when BU/BC played each other. Looks like we'll be in for more of Quinn's whining this weekend. Poor Quinn, corners the market on NHL draft picks yet still complains -

    “It was an exciting BU-BC hockey game,” said BU coach David Quinn. “It was an age-appropriate game for both teams. We’re both a lot of the same age [younger] kids, which doesn’t happen too often. So there’s probably a lot more room [due to mistakes] than either team is accustomed. I think that’s why you saw so much scoring and so many of the chances.”
    He won't whine about it if they sweep Lowell.

  4. #384
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Found this gem on the BU thread from a game recap last weekend when BU/BC played each other. Looks like we'll be in for more of Quinn's whining this weekend. Poor Quinn, corners the market on NHL draft picks yet still complains -

    “It was an exciting BU-BC hockey game,” said BU coach David Quinn. “It was an age-appropriate game for both teams. We’re both a lot of the same age [younger] kids, which doesn’t happen too often. So there’s probably a lot more room [due to mistakes] than either team is accustomed. I think that’s why you saw so much scoring and so many of the chances.”
    He wasn't whining, he was saying both teams played very immaturely - which they did.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  5. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    2014/2015 was the last time Lowell lost more than 5 games at home in a season (6). Lowell has already lost 5 this year.
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He wasn't whining, he was saying both teams played very immaturely - which they did.
    This team not as good as past years

  7. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    113

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He wasn't whining, he was saying both teams played very immaturely - which they did.
    LOLWUT?

    The 2nd part of the statement is clearly shade at the rest of Hockey East but especially at Lowell, he has been complaining about this for too long. He is responsible for recruiting his kids either get on everyone elses level or the get the f out of the way. You want to recruit kids who one and done your school (looking at you Superstar Keefer) that is BU's problem and no one elses.

    Snowflake mentality on Comm Ave per usual
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  8. #388

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,378

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Christoffer Hernberg was named Hockey East goaltender of the month.

  9. #389
    2 time Pick-em contest winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA and Section 119
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    They have a better winning % than Lowell does currently.
    Not after tonight's game with UConn.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

  10. #390
    2 time Pick-em contest winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA and Section 119
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Interview with CJ Smith and Scott Wilson can be found here. The Wilson interview starts after
    the CJ Smith interview.

    http://www.amerks.com/article/AMERIC...C%20CJ%20SMITH
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    LOLWUT?

    The 2nd part of the statement is clearly shade at the rest of Hockey East but especially at Lowell, he has been complaining about this for too long. He is responsible for recruiting his kids either get on everyone elses level or the get the f out of the way. You want to recruit kids who one and done your school (looking at you Superstar Keefer) that is BU's problem and no one elses.

    Snowflake mentality on Comm Ave per usual
    Agreed. Totally a dig by Quinn, especially toward Lowell whom he's been critical of in the past, almost a broken record. But he's happy recruiting his superstars who leave early, never develop as a team, and the results are there for everyone to see. Which I'm fine with if Lowell continues their recent string of success against them. But at least BU fans can continue to see the future NHL stars of tomorrow each season for a year or two at a time, just don't expect too much sustained success until Quinn figures out how to supplement core four year players with only a few one and done players.

  12. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    113

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Agreed. Totally a dig by Quinn, especially toward Lowell whom he's been critical of in the past, almost a broken record. But he's happy recruiting his superstars who leave early, never develop as a team, and the results are there for everyone to see. Which I'm fine with if Lowell continues their recent string of success against them. But at least BU fans can continue to see the future NHL stars of tomorrow each season for a year or two at a time, just don't expect too much sustained success until Quinn figures out how to supplement core four year players with only a few one and done players.
    19 entries for the all-academic team for Lowell in 2016-2017

    5 for the Terriers

    Maybe we need to be having a different conversation altogether. We might have a few 23-24 year old seniors but at least they show up to class and put the work in with the books. You know kind of the whole point of getting a college education.
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  13. #393
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,704

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    19 entries for the all-academic team for Lowell in 2016-2017

    5 for the Terriers

    Maybe we need to be having a different conversation altogether. We might have a few 23-24 year old seniors but at least they show up to class and put the work in with the books. You know kind of the whole point of getting a college education.
    Even a lot of ours that leave early get their degrees

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    113

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Even a lot of ours that leave early get their degrees
    I just got around to watching the recent CJ interview you posted in the thread. Good for him for still taking classes and working toward his degree.

    As we know Chris Borque who is the leading AHL scorer this year couldn't even bother to make it to class during his 1 and done on Comm Ave
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  15. #395
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,704

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I just got around to watching the recent CJ interview you posted in the thread. Good for him for still taking classes and working toward his degree.

    As we know Chris Borque who is the leading AHL scorer this year couldn't even bother to make it to class during his 1 and done on Comm Ave
    That has always been pushed here. Your body can't play forever, even if you make it to the big show. If they leave before graduating, pretty sure part of the sit down is to say that and be prepared for later.

  16. #396
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,851

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    you bee-atches ready to get a sweep and 4pts this weekend!?!?!!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  17. #397
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,851

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I just got around to watching the recent CJ interview you posted in the thread. Good for him for still taking classes and working toward his degree.

    As we know Chris Borque who is the leading AHL scorer this year couldn't even bother to make it to class during his 1/2 and done on Comm Ave
    fyp
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  18. #398
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    345

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you bee-atches ready to get a sweep and 4pts this weekend!?!?!!?
    That'd be nice! Is Mookie coming to Tsongas?

  19. #399

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,378

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch


  20. #400
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,704

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    That'd be nice! Is Mookie coming to Tsongas?
    looooong commute for the mook if he does

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •