No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Is anyone heading to Durham tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      I am considering it.

BTW, that highlights package was very good. I hope the school keeps it up.

Comment

Few takes from last night

1 stretch pass the entire game Lohin couldn't corral it, but they seem to be moving away from the reliance on the stretch pass. Or, it could be related to the fact they struggled to establish their transition game which has always been a quality of the Bazin era Hawks. Entering and establishing the zone during Power Play time was a significant problem last night. As was puck retention in the attack zone. Not having man sitting at the top of zone along the boards during the 3rd period Power Play showed a lack of discipline. But I do think a big part of that is due to the loss of Zink and Kapla and their offense first mentality.

Did it feel like Norm was skating a 4 man roto on the D lines? Matty G. was a -3 and Tyler was a -2 not a good look for our "top" pairing.

On the sheet they won faceoffs 42-34 but I felt like Lowell lost A LOT of draws in the attacking zone.

More physicality is going to be needed in the Lowell zone in regards to clearing out opposing players from the front of the net

I think Connor Wilson is in for a YUUUGE year and Lohin is going to turn heads around the league, but I was most encouraged but Levesque has high skill offensively and made a great play along the boards last night stripping UNH of the puck in their own zone, more of that please.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

I see you guys must have a soft spot for the Umile quest for 600. Such good sportsmanship....

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Nah, the game is on ESPN3

Comment

Anyone have a radio feed for the pregame? It says live now but nothing happening when I try to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Anyone have a radio feed for the pregame? It says live now but nothing happening when I try to get it.
                I was listening via the River Hawks Game Day App but just turned it off to go to the stream on ESPN3
                Tully Rink Rat
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Nah, the game is on ESPN3
                  I don't have it on Direct TV Is there a secret place to find this cos the audio feed isn't happening for me right now.

edit- got the feed but still can't find ESPN3 access
                  Last edited by leswp1; 10-07-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I don't have it on Direct TV Is there a secret place to find this cos the audio feed isn't happening for me right now.

EPSN3 I believe might only be online. Watching on laptop now.
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

You're not missing much this camera work is terrible
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                        You're not missing much this camera work is terrible
                        Agreed. Pretty poor camera work, ESPN must have sent the interns tonight.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I tried searching online and got no where. I have Direct TV and it doesn't even list

Comment

I tried searching online and got no where. I have Direct TV and it doesn't even list
                            I sign into the ESPN app with my Comcast login on my Firestick and pulled it up from there ESPN 3 is a streaming only service
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Click the video link on goriverhawks.com that should give you the website. Might take a little searching
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                                Thanks. I tried searching a bunch of different ways but apparently not this one! Just in time for the bad guys to score

Comment

Working...
                                X