Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Season is going down the toilet unless they fix a host of things fast.

Yup, Beer Works is really bad. People who religiously went there pre/post game have left in droves. Who doesn't even have a burger on their menu? The Worthen was full of Lowell fans, including families, pregame Friday and I know some others who have been going to Cobblestones too but that can get pricey. I was chatting with some team parents after the game Saturday, they've also been displeased with Beer Works as it was usually their go to place too but not anymore. Some were heading over to Cobblestones afterwards while others were checking out other options for variety like Fuse, Tremonte, El Potro, and Old Court. I think Beer Works took their proximity to Tsongas as being the closest option for granted but that hasn't worked out for them, hopefully they'll wake up and see that they need to revert back to what they used to do in terms of menu.
    I forgot my phone and mr les when back to get it. At 10:30 there were 4 (four) people there. On a Saturday. I would say I'd be surprised if they last thru to the new yr. There are also no private tables for 2 in the bar Caf style seating. All the nopes. I said something to the server about how everyone hates the new set up and menu- that I had heard bad things and all the complaints were true. I can't imagine trying to work there. The $ comes from tips, You have to actually have people there to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I think what bothers me the most is the lack of pinching from the D men along the boards and the lack of 3rd man going high to cover the point. We are just ceding the neutral zone and fleeing back on D.

Tyler Wall should not be take out of the goalie rotation. Hernberg from here on out and if needs a game off or gets injured give Clearly a shot.

Yesterday during the Ice Scrape break in the 2nd period Tyler didn't even skate over to the bench to join the rest of the team. Swayman from Maine did join his team I can swear I've seen this in the past as well. I'm wondering if Tyler's problems are ego based.
    Not unusual for Goalies to not come to the bench over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie will be up for the b-ball game in dec

Does jasmine work those too?!?
    I was thinking of you mook. I tried to get a shot of her for you but was too slow....

Tyler Wall should not be take out of the goalie rotation. Hernberg from here on out and if needs a game off or gets injured give Clearly a shot.

Yesterday during the Ice Scrape break in the 2nd period Tyler didn't even skate over to the bench to join the rest of the team. Swayman from Maine did join his team I can swear I've seen this in the past as well. I'm wondering if Tyler's problems are ego based.
    I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion from not going to the bench. To be honest both goaltenders haven't had much help this season. Hernberg may have the edge in play so far but I don't think Wall has played terrible. What has surprised me is the struggles with the defensemen. Some of the biggest mistakes are coming from the upper classmen. I know there have been injuries but heading into this season I felt they were pretty much set. They had 5 solid defensemen returning that have played a lot of hockey.

I'm not sure what's going on. The lack of intensity and urgency is frustrating.

Up next the first place UNH Wildcats and the second place Northeastern Huskies.

Well, I see I haven't really missed much over the weekend. Was getting score updates on vacation both nights, and on Saturday, requested them just to stop sending me updates. I didn't need to hear anymore. Awful.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion from not going to the bench. To be honest both goaltenders haven't had much help this season. Hernberg may have the edge in play so far but I don't think Wall has played terrible. What has surprised me is the struggles with the defensemen. Some of the biggest mistakes are coming from the upper classmen. I know there have been injuries but heading into this season I felt they were pretty much set. They had 5 solid defensemen returning that have played a lot of hockey.

I'm not sure what's going on. The lack of intensity and urgency is frustrating.

Up next the first place UNH Wildcats and the second place Northeastern Huskies.
    I think the thing that impressed me the most about Tyler's play last year was he was always good for a softie to squeak by, but then he would just lock it down the rest of the game. But you're right in my statement I failed to also put the blame on the guys in front of him. Not sure what happened with Tyler Mueller his mistakes are just piling up at this point and his game is just off. We just seemed to skate all over teams the past 6 years. We took the fight to them and this year it looks they are playing at half speed.

No pinches from the D men, no forecheck from the forwards, and lines that just don't want to gel. It's depressing to say but if we don't win the HE Tournament we are not getting into the dance this year. Then again thus far it has seemed like an off year for a lot of Hockey East.

I didn't want to think it at the time but last year was really our best shot at the National Championship. Not saying we would have got by Denver but that team just had no quit in it for 60 minutes.

We just seemed to skate all over teams the past 6 years. We took the fight to them and this year it looks they are playing at half speed.
    They played that way against Clarkson. The Hawks came out hard and took the fight to them for 60 minutes. It would be nice to see that type of effort this coming weekend.

They played that way against Clarkson. The Hawks came out hard and took the fight to them for 60 minutes. It would be nice to see that type of effort this coming weekend.
    I know I watched the game and now I'm convinced it was a team of imposters from Canada

Kidding of course

Yes strike the match Norm and light the fire under you know what

The best of luck to the Men's Soccer team tonight in their first AE tournament match.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...emifinals.aspx

Go 'cats!

The best of luck to the Men's Soccer team tonight in their first AE tournament match.

Ummm... Go 'cats!
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

I'm going to head down for this one. Sweep UNH, that'll make up for the hockey opening weekend.
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    I'm going to head down for this one. Sweep UNH, that'll make up for the hockey opening weekend.
    Well the soccer team did their part, Lowell 2-1. Two HUGE saves by the Lowell goaltender after the Hawks had taken a 1-0 lead. The Hawks will meet Albany Sunday at home for the AE Championship.

Well the soccer team did their part, Lowell 2-1. Two HUGE saves by the Lowell goaltender after the Hawks had taken a 1-0 lead. The Hawks will meet Albany Sunday at home for the AE Championship.
    Good crowd last night. Sunday's game is at 2, so not bad timing (still sunlight, shouldn't be freezing, and Pats not playing till 8). Hope to see another good crowd.

This is just an amazing story that the soccer program is putting together. Win the Regular Season title last year, but not eligible to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. Now in their first year of eligibility, have a chance to win the AE Title and make the NCAA Tournament. Lowell lost at Albany 1-0 in their only meeting this season.
    Monty

Not sure if its a blessing or a curse that the UNH game is available on ESPN3

UMass beats up on PC last night. I keep saying it, they're building something out west.
    Monty

UMass beats up on PC last night. I keep saying it, they're building something out west.
    Yeah, but Marty will only let them progress so far as he's really a Lowell guy.

I am worried about the two games with them this year as this may be an actual down year for Lowell. We've just been so spoiled since 2012 that this is a bit of a shock to the system. I'm still holding out hope though and hopefully they'll get back on the straight and narrow this weekend. If not, I'm settling in for it to be a season of few expectations as we await more recruits next year.

Oh and men's basketball opens up out at Amherst tonight at 7pm. I would be wonderful to beat the "flagship."
    Last edited by riverchief1; 11-10-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

2 ENG at the end of that one, so I'm not sure it was a beat down, but yes I totally agree they are building something. They won't be a pushover this season.

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yeah, but Marty will only let them progress so far as he's really a Lowell guy.

I am worried about the two games with them this year as this may be an actual down year for Lowell. We've just been so spoiled since 2012 that this is a bit of a shock to the system. I'm still holding out hope though and hopefully they'll get back on the straight and narrow this weekend. If not, I'm settling in for it to be a season of few expectations as we await more recruits next year.

Oh and men's basketball opens up out at Amherst tonight at 7pm. I would be wonderful to beat the "flagship."
    Well, at some point, talent can beat a system. And they're starting to get some talent out west. I doubt their best freshman will stick around more than a year, but there's some others in the pipeline that are committed there as well.
    Monty

Hopefully the team gets back on track tonight. They'll need a 60 minute effort and will need to stay out of the box. One game at a time.

UNH will be without Shane Eiserman and Marcus Vela. Patrick Grasso will be in the lineup. He missed the first two games between the teams.

Paul Hogan, XC Jr is going to the Nationals after placing 4th in the NE Regionals. Team placed 8th, out of 36 teams in their first time out at D I level. Good Stuff!!!
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...-regional.aspx

Girls were 13 out of 33 teams. Also way excellent!

Lowell looking much, much better tonight. Fingers crossed they start getting the season back on track tonight.

Meanwhile men's bball is competitive out in Amherst in the first half.
    Frozen Four - 2013

No score end of the first. Lowell looking more like Lowell so far.
    Frozen Four - 2013

Thread Information