Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Nice try. Tying the eventual national runner-up is miles away from being swept by a team expected to finish in the bottom three of the league and only finishing +3 in shots in aggregate.
    All I did was cite a stat and what those two seasons had in common. My point was more that this coaching staff finds a way to overcome slow starts.

BTW, preseason "expectations" don't mean squat. BC was picked to finish 6th last year and ended up tied for 1st. Northeastern was picked to finish 2nd and finished 8th. Heck, in Norm's first season Lowell was picked to finished 9th and finished 2nd. But please, keep on letting us know how teams are "expected" to finish based on meaningless preseason polls, because we all know how accurate they are.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

We should have auto posts in this thread every year at the same time.

X [May be more than one]- we suck. All is doomed
    y [may be more than one]- no. this has happened before.
    X- no. we really suck. This isn't like those seasons
    y- they said that about season [chose one] and it turned out
    X- no. this is different.

Then we can hit about January and all of a sudden - well, I guess they might be OK

Then end of Feb, beginning of March- Dam n we are really good!! Yay we win.

There may be a few threads to make it all play out.

I may have missed a few options but this is pretty much it~ except now we get some trolls in here once in awhile too
    Last edited by leswp1; 10-09-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post

X [May be more than one]- we suck. All is doomed
    y [may be more than one]- no. this has happened before.
    X- no. we really suck. This isn't like those seasons
    y- they said that about season [chose one] and it turned out
    X- no. this is different.

Then we can hit about January and all of a sudden - well, I guess they might be OK

Then end of Feb, beginning of March- Dam n we are really good!! Yay we win.

There may be a few threads to make it all play out.

I may have missed a few options but this is pretty much it~ except now we get some trolls in here once in awhile too
    Can't speak for others, but I think the problem is that the program has grown strong enough that the annual expectations are high.

I mentioned it here (I believe) and on Twitter that I thought we were ranked way too high considering the amount of talent we lost. In regards to points lost, I believe it's easily the most in Bazin's era. That takes a while to recover from.

And while I respect the UNH program, getting swept by them just hurts.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    All I did was cite a stat and what those two seasons had in common. My point was more that this coaching staff finds a way to overcome slow starts.

BTW, preseason "expectations" don't mean squat. BC was picked to finish 6th last year and ended up tied for 1st. Northeastern was picked to finish 2nd and finished 8th. Heck, in Norm's first season Lowell was picked to finished 9th and finished 2nd. But please, keep on letting us know how teams are "expected" to finish based on meaningless preseason polls, because we all know how accurate they are.
    And my point is drawing any equivalency between two ties with UMD last season and getting swept by UNH this season is laughable. Your first two games last year were anything but a slow start. Getting swept by a bad UNH team is a VERY slow start. Sure, preseason expectations are often wrong but last season's results from the same squad, plus an underwhelming at best recruiting class are a good indicator that UNH is not a very good team.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Go 'cats!

And my point is drawing any equivalency between two ties with UMD last season and getting swept by UNH this season is laughable. Your first two games last year were anything but a slow start. Getting swept by a bad UNH team is a VERY slow start. Sure, preseason expectations are often wrong but last season's results from the same squad, plus an underwhelming at best recruiting class are a good indicator that UNH is not a very good team.
    We are on the way to a 6 - 0 start. Check our thread.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    .....Bad enough to win 2 over you guys. 😉 Hey how do you think we felt over the past few years losing 8-0 8-2 and whatever else? Who knows how the rest of the season will go for the 'Cats but the addition of a couple of decent defensemen and more emphasis on not giving up the neutral zone might be indications UNH could be better than expected. We got offense from guys who stepped up. Frankly I predicted a Lowell sweep; no doubt you guys will rebound.

You know you'll reach the Garden and beyond heck we just want to do better than last season whatever that means. Carry on and see you sooner than later!

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    To add a few more:

X: I hate WCRAP, why can't we put Bob on WUML
    Y: Man the post-game/pregame youtube videos the school puts out are putrid
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    .....Bad enough to win 2 over you guys. 😉 Hey how do you think we felt over the past few years losing 8-0 8-2 and whatever else? Who knows how the rest of the season will go for the 'Cats but the addition of a couple of decent defensemen and more emphasis on not giving up the neutral zone might be indications UNH could be better than expected. We got offense from guys who stepped up. Frankly I predicted a Lowell sweep; no doubt you guys will rebound.

You know you'll reach the Garden and beyond heck we just want to do better than last season whatever that means. Carry on and see you sooner than later!
    Brassbonanza is a BU fan...

Go 'cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    We plan on beating BU twice as well.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post

There aren't many Comm Ave's in Durham last I checked, so it'd be odd that my Location tag was "back to" a street in Durham that doesn't exist.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Thanks...my correction.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Munch munch, how’s that lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    We are on the way to a 6 - 0 start. Check our thread.
    And even if UNH does start 6-0, Umile's still not getting to 600 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Munch munch, how’s that lunch
    Unfortunately it might not include nachos this season as the best stand at Tsongas the past couple of seasons, the nacho cart, was nowhere to be found last weekend.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Unfortunately it might not include nachos this season as the best stand at Tsongas the past couple of seasons, the nacho cart, was nowhere to be found last weekend.
    no doubt since they heard mookie is away

but seriously that is awful. that cart was the bomb.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    no doubt since they heard mookie is away

but seriously that is awful. that cart was the bomb.
    Personally, the fried dough cart is what makes it the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Plus, the Actually Really Good Burger stand (whatever they called it, Rowdy's Grill or something?) in the back corner was just serving chicken tenders and hot dogs. If the good burgers and chicken sandwiches from back there are gone permanently I'm gonna be real sad.

Whatever happened to the new practice rink they were trying to build? Apparently we're having to have some practices in Tewksbury?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Whatever happened to the new practice rink they were trying to build? Apparently we're having to have some practices in Tewksbury?
    It's not happening anytime soon, if ever.

See pages 74 & 88 in the following document:
    https://www.umassp.edu/sites/umassp....20Document.pdf

"The state is a critical partner in the success of our capital plan and by extension the realization
    of our strategic goal to achieve national and international recognition as a world-class institution
    over the next decade. Unfortunately, the state has implemented a near freeze in all capital
    spending until a comprehensive strategic plan is developed. The campus has therefore
    adjusted its financial and capital plans to remove the state funds previously committed.
    The state has only committed capital funds for the new Pulichino/Tong School of Business
    building ($28.2M) and the Accelerated Energy Program ($5M). An additional $700,000 in state
    deferred maintenance funds were allocated to the North Quad PODS project.
    This state funding is significantly less than what had been committed in previous state capital
    plans which included $36M for Perry Hall and $40M for Olsen Hall as part of the Science &
    Engineering renewal and renovation program for Engineering, $19M for the Coburn Hall
    Renewal and Addition project and $30M for the Tsongas Center Extension. "

Note- That document is a little old at this point, but I couldn't find anything to suggest the priority has changed.

Thread Information