No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    They played that way against Clarkson. The Hawks came out hard and took the fight to them for 60 minutes. It would be nice to see that type of effort this coming weekend.
    I know I watched the game and now I'm convinced it was a team of imposters from Canada

Kidding of course

Yes strike the match Norm and light the fire under you know what
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

The best of luck to the Men's Soccer team tonight in their first AE tournament match.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...emifinals.aspx

Comment

The best of luck to the Men's Soccer team tonight in their first AE tournament match.

Ummm... Go 'cats!
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I'm going to head down for this one. Sweep UNH, that'll make up for the hockey opening weekend.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I'm going to head down for this one. Sweep UNH, that'll make up for the hockey opening weekend.
            Well the soccer team did their part, Lowell 2-1. Two HUGE saves by the Lowell goaltender after the Hawks had taken a 1-0 lead. The Hawks will meet Albany Sunday at home for the AE Championship.

Comment

Well the soccer team did their part, Lowell 2-1. Two HUGE saves by the Lowell goaltender after the Hawks had taken a 1-0 lead. The Hawks will meet Albany Sunday at home for the AE Championship.
              Good crowd last night. Sunday's game is at 2, so not bad timing (still sunlight, shouldn't be freezing, and Pats not playing till 8). Hope to see another good crowd.

This is just an amazing story that the soccer program is putting together. Win the Regular Season title last year, but not eligible to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. Now in their first year of eligibility, have a chance to win the AE Title and make the NCAA Tournament. Lowell lost at Albany 1-0 in their only meeting this season.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Not sure if its a blessing or a curse that the UNH game is available on ESPN3
                Tully Rink Rat
                Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                Youngstar
                UML Class of 09

Comment

UMass beats up on PC last night. I keep saying it, they're building something out west.
                  Monty

Comment

UMass beats up on PC last night. I keep saying it, they're building something out west.
                    Yeah, but Marty will only let them progress so far as he's really a Lowell guy.

I am worried about the two games with them this year as this may be an actual down year for Lowell. We've just been so spoiled since 2012 that this is a bit of a shock to the system. I'm still holding out hope though and hopefully they'll get back on the straight and narrow this weekend. If not, I'm settling in for it to be a season of few expectations as we await more recruits next year.

Oh and men's basketball opens up out at Amherst tonight at 7pm. I would be wonderful to beat the "flagship."
                    Last edited by riverchief1; 11-10-2017, 08:54 AM.
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

2 ENG at the end of that one, so I'm not sure it was a beat down, but yes I totally agree they are building something. They won't be a pushover this season.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                        Yeah, but Marty will only let them progress so far as he's really a Lowell guy.

I am worried about the two games with them this year as this may be an actual down year for Lowell. We've just been so spoiled since 2012 that this is a bit of a shock to the system. I'm still holding out hope though and hopefully they'll get back on the straight and narrow this weekend. If not, I'm settling in for it to be a season of few expectations as we await more recruits next year.

Oh and men's basketball opens up out at Amherst tonight at 7pm. I would be wonderful to beat the "flagship."
                        Well, at some point, talent can beat a system. And they're starting to get some talent out west. I doubt their best freshman will stick around more than a year, but there's some others in the pipeline that are committed there as well.
                        Monty

Comment

Hopefully the team gets back on track tonight. They'll need a 60 minute effort and will need to stay out of the box. One game at a time.

UNH will be without Shane Eiserman and Marcus Vela. Patrick Grasso will be in the lineup. He missed the first two games between the teams.

Comment

Paul Hogan, XC Jr is going to the Nationals after placing 4th in the NE Regionals. Team placed 8th, out of 36 teams in their first time out at D I level. Good Stuff!!!
                            http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...-regional.aspx

Girls were 13 out of 33 teams. Also way excellent!

Comment

Lowell looking much, much better tonight. Fingers crossed they start getting the season back on track tonight.

Meanwhile men's bball is competitive out in Amherst in the first half.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

No score end of the first. Lowell looking more like Lowell so far.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X