No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    They probably gave her a bad tip because she was rude to them. It sounds like she was the one who lacked class.
    To each their own. If I go to a bar near BU after a Lowell lost, I expect to get some schtick. Hell, I enjoy it, as I do the same if it's the other way around. You can actually laugh and enjoy something without having someone come across as "lacking class."
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It looks like the weather will be nice for the folks heading to Arizona this week. It will probably feel like summer after the recent cold spell. Hopefully the team can stay focus and take care of business.

ASU is coming off their first in season tournament (Las Vegas) championship by defeating Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech. BC was the fourth team in the tournament. Former River Hawks Dylan Hollman and Gage Hough play for the Sun Devils.

It looks like ASU offers a free video steam of the games, both games start at 9:00 pm EST.
      http://www.thesundevils.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        It looks like the weather will be nice for the folks heading to Arizona this week. It will probably feel like summer after the recent cold spell. Hopefully the team can stay focus and take care of business.

ASU is coming off their first in season tournament (Las Vegas) championship by defeating Northern Michigan and Michigan Tech. BC was the fourth team in the tournament. Former River Hawks Dylan Hollman and Gage Hough play for the Sun Devils.

It looks like ASU offers a free video steam of the games, both games start at 9:00 pm EST.
        http://www.thesundevils.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
        Yes, you are correct on the video stream. It is a free student broadcast. They do a nice job and you can't beat the price.

For those traveling out ... the rink is in the middle of nowhere. However Tempe Marketplace is just down the street and Mill Ave is a few minutes away. So there are many great food options close by. The rink is what you would remember growing up as a kid. It is not good. There are limited concessions and it will be very cold. So bundle up. I'm guessing most will have the general admission tickets. Those are for sections A, B and G. Doors open at 6. Since the GA tickets are first come first, first serve, I would claim your spot as soon as doors open. Otherwise you will be standing along the glass. Viewing is tough and there are many obstructions in the back rows. Just a fair warning. We are expecting our announcement on our new place soon and it can't come soon enough. Safe travels to those coming out and good luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
          Yes, you are correct on the video stream. It is a free student broadcast. They do a nice job and you can't beat the price.

For those traveling out ... the rink is in the middle of nowhere. However Tempe Marketplace is just down the street and Mill Ave is a few minutes away. So there are many great food options close by. The rink is what you would remember growing up as a kid. It is not good. There are limited concessions and it will be very cold. So bundle up. I'm guessing most will have the general admission tickets. Those are for sections A, B and G. Doors open at 6. Since the GA tickets are first come first, first serve, I would claim your spot as soon as doors open. Otherwise you will be standing along the glass. Viewing is tough and there are many obstructions in the back rows. Just a fair warning. We are expecting our announcement on our new place soon and it can't come soon enough. Safe travels to those coming out and good luck this weekend.
          WIsh I was going- sort of. Nice job giving the lay of the land. Curious as to what is considered cold. Cold is a relative term after -10 this past weekend 32 this morning felt downright tropical! Cold is when lil les was playing, it was -7F and they left the zamboni doors open. The kids were dropping water from the water bottles on the bench and making stalagmites. THat is legit cold. No amount of layering was doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            I just checked out that thread and you should read it now. They are very worked up over being called Amherst. Someone is ****ed Bob Ellis kept saying it during the broadcast. Another guy did a statistical analysis of school’s that market themselves with an abbreviation in their name.

Can we go back to being Lowell Tech?
            I was told that Norm referred to them as "Amherst" during the presser. What a legend.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              I was told that Norm referred to them as "Amherst" during the presser. What a legend.
              Yes he did.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wf...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Thanks for this. I'd love to catch the end of the Pats game and hadn't been seeing anything close. Will Tempe Marketplace or Mill Ave have any watering holes that might have pro football on?

We were at Gutterson two weekends ago (UVM) which was warmer inside than out; really hoping your rink isn't colder than that. If it is, so be it. We'll happily be shedding layers leaving New England.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

They probably gave her a bad tip because she was rude to them. It sounds like she was the one who lacked class.
                  Oh yes, talking hockey smack in a sports bar is the height of rudeness - to a man on blood pressure meds enrolled in anger management classes whose panties are three sizes too small perhaps. Even though I hate BU hockey as much as anyone who doesn't think a collection of lazy, selfish, entitled, primadonnas constitutes a team, I'm 100% sure that I'd find a sassy, pretty, hockey-savvy, BU coed waitressing to help pay her way through school so endearing I'd give her a 40% tip. Oh wait. Not a single thing about that scenario is remotely realistic! Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    WIsh I was going- sort of. Nice job giving the lay of the land. Curious as to what is considered cold. Cold is a relative term after -10 this past weekend 32 this morning felt downright tropical! Cold is when lil les was playing, it was -7F and they left the zamboni doors open. The kids were dropping water from the water bottles on the bench and making stalagmites. THat is legit cold. No amount of layering was doing it.
                    Ok, this is a great point! Considering today was in the 60s and I was in a pullover at work. It is certainly not the cold you mention above. I guess my Vermont roots have long since left me.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      Thanks for this. I'd love to catch the end of the Pats game and hadn't been seeing anything close. Will Tempe Marketplace or Mill Ave have any watering holes that might have pro football on?

We were at Gutterson two weekends ago (UVM) which was warmer inside than out; really hoping your rink isn't colder than that. If it is, so be it. We'll happily be shedding layers leaving New England.
                      My favorite is Lucille's at Tempe Marketplace. It is a BBQ place. But they have TVs in the bar that will certainly be showing the game. If you want more of a pub place, Thirsty Lion is good. Tempe Marketplace is a short 5 minute drive to the rink. Postgame Mill Ave will be the place to go. Lots of great bars and all within walking distance of each other. And easy to find parking.

Comment

Ok, this is a great point! Considering today was in the 60s and I was in a pullover at work. It is certainly not the cold you mention above. I guess my Vermont roots have long since left me.
                        Ha! You have indeed gone soft. bro les lives in VT. They were in the -20s.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                          Oh yes, talking hockey smack in a sports bar is the height of rudeness - to a man on blood pressure meds enrolled in anger management classes whose panties are three sizes too small perhaps. Even though I hate BU hockey as much as anyone who doesn't think a collection of lazy, selfish, entitled, primadonnas constitutes a team, I'm 100% sure that I'd find a sassy, pretty, hockey-savvy, BU coed waitressing to help pay her way through school so endearing I'd give her a 40% tip. Oh wait. Not a single thing about that scenario is remotely realistic! Never mind.
                          I guess your daughter's problems are genetic.

Comment

I guess your daughter's problems are genetic.
                            I read all this and thought man, people are really thin skinned now. Would you seriously not tip a kid for making a comment in jest? It would be one thing if the person kept at it, was nasty and obnoxious but for one comment? I know BU is used to being part of the Chosen but sheesh. After all the BS that gets dished out when winning you have to be able to put a single comment into context when you lose.

THat kind of comment is supposed to be something that you laugh off. If you take it seriously then you have a long, painful road this yr.

Comment

I read all this and thought man, people are really thin skinned now. Would you seriously not tip a kid for making a comment in jest? It would be one thing if the person kept at it, was nasty and obnoxious but for one comment? I know BU is used to being part of the Chosen but sheesh. After all the BS that gets dished out when winning you have to be able to put a single comment into context when you lose.

THat kind of comment is supposed to be something that you laugh off. If you take it seriously then you have a long, painful road this yr.
                              Careful now. Don't want to hurt someone's feelings!
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The Amherst fans did just that. And that's what BU Fan 84 also thought so not sure why you are making a comment about BU here.

Have fun to all of those traveling to Arizona this weekend. I've been to their home rink. It's....tiny. I think my high school's rink is bigger. At least there's plenty of parking. And of course, no snow. Which is the ultimate perk. I'm heading out there in two weeks when BU plays there. Curious to know what you think. Apparently there's supposed to be some news about a new home rink for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X